PDA

View Full Version : Johnny at Nationals 2011, Getting Trophy - What Will Happen?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

professordeb
02-01-2011, 03:30 PM
So Johnny, who thinks one should never be afraid to fall down, calls out Chan for falling and winning. Last time I checked it was the judges who give out the marks. As for Chan and falling down, yeah he was having trouble with landing his quad and 3A but as the season has gone on, he's gotten better with the quad. IIRC, Chan landed 3 quads in his last competition.

Johnny dear, I have enjoyed watching you skate but you seem to have forgotten what it is like to compete. You seem to have your own level of snarkiness. Too bad cause I really did enjoy your early skating. Now it just seems you have become a series of soundbites. Such a pity.

Cheylana
02-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Evan was at the men's medal ceremony?

Yep, he handed out the winner's trophy to Ryan Bradley. (And Sarah Hughes filled the same role at the ladies' medal ceremony.)

CynicElle
02-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Yep, he handed out the winner's trophy to Ryan Bradley. (And Sarah Hughes filled the same role at the ladies' medal ceremony.)

Very cool. Thanks! :D

manleywoman
02-01-2011, 05:16 PM
FYI according to a tweet from Christine Brennan during the Mens LP, Johnny told her he's planning on competing next year. Since he's 7 months younger than Ryan, he thinks he has a shot.

Wyliefan
02-01-2011, 07:16 PM
FYI according to a tweet from Christine Brennan during the Mens LP, Johnny told her he's planning on competing next year. Since he's 7 months younger than Ryan, he thinks he has a shot.

So it's all about age now? :huh:

igniculus
02-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Funny how he thinks he is at a fine age now, when he had been complaining for at least 2 years now how old he is in the world of figure skating and how many youngsters have shown up on the scene.

antmanb
02-02-2011, 10:09 AM
So Johnny, who thinks one should never be afraid to fall down, calls out Chan for falling and winning. Last time I checked it was the judges who give out the marks. As for Chan and falling down, yeah he was having trouble with landing his quad and 3A but as the season has gone on, he's gotten better with the quad. IIRC, Chan landed 3 quads in his last competition.

No, no, no. You obviously don't get it. When someone else (anyone else at all) skates the responsibility is theirs and theirs alone, they are responsbile for the way they skate, the falls, the mistakes, the judges marks, the weather on any given day. Okay? So far so good. When Johnny skates, he is simply a perfect free spirit doing everything he wants to do, his own way. This is called creating art, he is a wondrous artist in everything he does, from placing a single solitary toe pick on the ice, to going to the bathroom - it is all wonderful and artistytyty. When an artist creates all these wonderful moments, everyone else is to blame for anything that does not blow hot air to fan the flames of this truly unique and artisitc soul, he can ignore the rules and anything to do with gaining points as he is a higher being. In these circumstances it is always someone else's fault when he doesn't win.

Did that clear up any confusion you had?

Ant

nubka
02-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Furthermore, Evan was not the only non-competitor that performed at the Smucker's Skating Spectacular.

As you referring to the Special Olympics Ladies Champion? I wish they would have had Evan skate at the beginning of the show, and not be the grand finale. He didn't compete at this Nationals, and I felt that it took attention away from the real winners that week. :(

manleywoman
02-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Funny how he thinks he is at a fine age now, when he had been complaining for at least 2 years now how old he is in the world of figure skating and how many youngsters have shown up on the scene.

Yup, and now that he's seen Ryan win, perhaps he changed his tune.

Never mind that S/Z didn't peak until their 30s, and certainly Inoue/Baldwin fall into that camp as well.

professordeb
02-02-2011, 08:28 PM
No, no, no. You obviously don't get it. When someone else (anyone else at all) skates the responsibility is theirs and theirs alone, they are responsbile for the way they skate, the falls, the mistakes, the judges marks, the weather on any given day. Okay? So far so good. When Johnny skates, he is simply a perfect free spirit doing everything he wants to do, his own way. This is called creating art, he is a wondrous artist in everything he does, from placing a single solitary toe pick on the ice, to going to the bathroom - it is all wonderful and artistytyty. When an artist creates all these wonderful moments, everyone else is to blame for anything that does not blow hot air to fan the flames of this truly unique and artisitc soul, he can ignore the rules and anything to do with gaining points as he is a higher being. In these circumstances it is always someone else's fault when he doesn't win.

Did that clear up any confusion you had?

Ant
Totally! Johnny wants one set of rules applied to everyone else and NONE to him :lol:

Cheylana
02-02-2011, 10:30 PM
As you referring to the Special Olympics Ladies Champion? I wish they would have had Evan skate at the beginning of the show, and not be the grand finale. He didn't compete at this Nationals, and I felt that it took attention away from the real winners that week. :(
I agree with this. It was like they were saying, "yeah yeah, congratulations on winning Nationals gold but Evan still trumps y'all!"

(Having said that, I did enjoy his performance.)

SkateFan66
02-03-2011, 12:36 AM

I was referring to the Special Olympic Champion and the synchronized skating team that also performed at the Skating Spectacular. By the way, Evan WAS NOT the grand finale. The 'grand finale' was AFTER Evan skated and included all of the competitors that performed in the Skating Specatcular.

DreamSkates
02-04-2011, 10:59 PM
I'd like to see a Bradley-Weir showdown, when Weir can land a quad-triple. Both have artistry, of 2 different sorts but equally compelling (depending on one's taste). Compare Bradley's points to Weir's....hmmm....age has little to do with who would win.

sk8sue
02-04-2011, 11:24 PM
I was referring to the Special Olympic Champion and the synchronized skating team that also performed at the Skating Spectacular. By the way, Evan WAS NOT the grand finale. The 'grand finale' was AFTER Evan skated and included all of the competitors that performed in the Skating Specatcular.

Ah, but did he have the last solo spot? That's like the "Boitano spot".;) (Also see Sarah Meier at this year's Europeans.) It should be saved for someone competing in the current competition, though I wouldn't mind Evan skating earlier, maybe at the end of the first half.

Nomad
02-04-2011, 11:26 PM
I'd like to see a Bradley-Weir showdown, when Weir can land a quad-triple.

:lol::rofl::lol: