PDA

View Full Version : Kwan attends State Dinner in DC 1/19/11

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

IceAlisa
01-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Are they also speculating if he used some sort of bronzer as well? :rolleyes:

Hmm, not sure where this came from, sounds a bit defensive.

If Hu Jintao is fair game for such speculations, why not Obama? I think he looks fine either way, perhaps grey is better look for a politician in this culture but no big deal.

VIETgrlTerifa
01-21-2011, 10:23 PM
I don't blame them for wanting to dye their hair. People do it all the time.

IceAlisa
01-21-2011, 10:28 PM
I don't blame them for wanting to dye their hair. People do it all the time.

I am trying to figure out if in Chinese culture it's more desirable to have dark hair because here a politician with gray hair is actually a plus, implying maturity and experience.

And yeah, nothing's wrong with it. I've been putting in highlights for years and am now hiding the encroaching grays as well.

Karpenko
01-21-2011, 10:31 PM
She is amazing. :)

skatingfan5
01-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Hmm, not sure where this came from, sounds a bit defensive. It was just my observation after seeing the two photos that were in your link. In the p.m. photo everything, including his skin tone, is much darker than in the one from that morning, so I wondered if they were also speculating on the reason for that difference.
If Hu Jintao is fair game for such speculations, why not Obama?I guess I don't see why there is a need to care whether any chief of state colors his/her hair. Unless they are attempting to cover up signs of some sort of physical illness that could affect their job performance, it seems rather silly.
I think he looks fine either way, perhaps grey is better look for a politician in this culture but no big deal.I don't think it's any big deal either. But then I discovered my first gray hair two weeks after my 25th birthday. :lol:

IceAlisa
01-21-2011, 10:39 PM
It was just my observation after seeing the two photos that were in your link. In the p.m. photo everything, including his skin tone, is much darker than in the one from that morning, so I wondered if they were also speculating on the reason for that difference. I didn't notice the skin, was concentrating on the hair and so was the article.

I guess I don't see why there is a need to care whether any chief of state colors his/her hair.
Just like with any famous person, there is interest to such details.

Unless they are attempting to cover up signs of some sort of physical illness that could affect their job performance, it seems rather silly.
I've been highlighting my hair for many years and so am interested in the subject.

I don't think it's any big deal either. But then I discovered my first gray hair two weeks after my 25th birthday. :lol:
Yes, they showed up shortly after my 25th birthday, one or two and then more and more but really came in force after I had Mini Ice. Thank goodness for Clairol's Touch Up.

JamieSix
01-22-2011, 01:55 AM
Michelle looked FABULOUS but someone pointed out to me that strap thing that's holding up her boobs. Now I can't stop looking at it. D:

IceJunkie
01-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Somehow it always comes back to her tatas. :P

Just saw Anna Wintour's dress. MK may have been dressed as a single gal ready to mingle, but Ms. Wintour looked...erm, not like one would expect a Vogue fashion editor to be dressed at a State dinner.

DickButtonFan
01-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Anna wore her dress a month before the state dinner. According to that poll 60% thought her dress was also too short (michelle's was about the same length if not, shorter).
http://www.styleite.com/media/anna-wintour-chanel-state-dinner-cfda/

taf2002
01-22-2011, 03:31 PM
IMO Chanel is hit or miss. I've seen a lot of Chanel that is hideous like this one. It's not the length but the dress that is all wrong. It looks like a day dress.

orbitz
01-22-2011, 03:48 PM
I am trying to figure out if in Chinese culture it's more desirable to have dark hair because here a politician with gray hair is actually a plus, implying maturity and experience.

I don't know about that, because I think American's culture is obsessed with youth and beauty. Obama does look more youthful with no grey, but he still looks mature to me.

And yeah, nothing's wrong with it. I've been putting in highlights for years and am now hiding the encroaching grays as well.

Yeah, I've been coloring out my greys for years. The hard part is knowing when to stop; I mean it's going to get to the point where it will become obvious :).

IceAlisa
01-22-2011, 05:27 PM
I don't know about that, because I think American's culture is obsessed with youth and beauty. True but not when it comes to politicians. I think youth and beauty are problematic attributes in politics.

Obama does look more youthful with no grey, but he still looks mature to me. Either way, the poor man is aging at a super accelerated pace. :( Why would anyone want that job?

Yeah, I've been coloring out my greys for years. The hard part is knowing when to stop; I mean it's going to get to the point where it will become obvious :).
Not stopping any time soon since most of my hair is still dark and about 5% is grey. It's really annoying to have to touch up every 2 weeks though.

danceronice
01-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Anna wore her dress a month before the state dinner. According to that poll 60% thought her dress was also too short (michelle's was about the same length if not, shorter).
http://www.styleite.com/media/anna-wintour-chanel-state-dinner-cfda/

Michelle is of an age where she can still wear a shorter dress. Ms. Wintour is...not.

And Michelle's was also, rather clearly, at least a cocktail dress. The Chanel dress/suit/whatever it's trying to be looks like something for a ladies who lunch luncheon, not a state dinner.

IceAlisa
01-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Michelle is of an age where she can still wear a shorter dress. Ms. Wintour is...not.

And Michelle's was also, rather clearly, at least a cocktail dress. The Chanel dress/suit/whatever it's trying to be looks like something for a ladies who lunch luncheon, not a state dinner.
THIS is what Anna Wintour, the supposed goddess of style wore to a State dinner??????????????? :eek: :scream: :yikes: Chanel made this? How could they? :mitchell: