PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Race--Unfinished Business (All Stars Part Deaux)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Catherine M
01-19-2011, 04:04 PM
The official announcement of which teams are coming back for a second go around the world came out this morning.

People online has a good review:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20458783,00.html

Happy to see again:

Jet & Cord
Kent & Vyxsin
Mel & Mike
Kisha & Jen
Flight Time & Big Easy

Meh:

Amanda & Kris (don't remember them at all)
Gary & Mallory (didn't watch their season)
Zev & Justin

No thanks:

Jamie & Cara
Margie & Luke
Ron & Christina

Garden Kitty
01-19-2011, 04:09 PM
IIRC, Amanda and Kris were really nice and good racers. Gary and Mallory are nice too - so overall it looks like more good teams than bad ones. Very happy to see the cowboys and the Globetrotters back.

Aceon6
01-19-2011, 04:11 PM
I'd move Gary and Mallory into my "good" list.

Beefcake
01-19-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm looking forward to this season! Unlike non AS seasons, we already know these teams (well, Zev/Justin and Amanda/Kris not as much, but from what I recall they're four cool people). So, versus being a bit confused and not knowing who to root for and what-not, we viewers get to jump right in with the :cheer2: and the :angryfire and the :drama:

The Trotters sometimes get on my nerves, but then they make me :rofl:, and the Mean Girl Redhead is a bit much, and we all know that Kynt & Vyxsin are neither goths nor were ever "dating"... but those are small complaints.

All in all a pleasing casting job that went wrong with two glaring exceptions: the :blah: inclusion of Luke & Bob (they cannot be eliminated soon enough - geebus I hope it's QUICK!) ...

... and the dastardly snubbing of :mitchell: goddess Tina :glamor: & her old man Ken.

BelleBway
01-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Can't wait for the new season to start! :cheer: I don't really hate any of these teams (though I'm "meh" on a couple) so it should be a good season.

Skittl1321
01-19-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm always excited for the amazing race, but it seems like so many of these racers are all from one season. Why not shake it up a bit?

Catherine M
01-19-2011, 05:01 PM
TPTB claim that season 14 (the one with 5 teams from it) was a great season so I guess that's why its pretty much a redo of that one with a few other teams thrown in.

I went and looked that the break down:

Season 12
Ron & Christina, 2nd place
Kent & Vyxsin, 5th place

No one from season 13

Season 14
Jamie & Cara, 2nd place
Margie & Luke, 3rd place
Jen & LaKisha, 4th place
Mel & Mike, 6th place
Amanda & Kris, 8th place

Season 15
Herb & Nate, 4th place (damn ringing phones)
Zev & Justin, 9th (damn annoying passports)

Season 16
Jet & Cord, 2nd place

Season 17
Gary & Mallory, 6th place

So there are three runners up--Jet & Cord, Cara & Jamie and Ron & Christina, along with Margie & Luke's 3rd place. Will be interesting to see if any of these teams can join Eric as the only ones to run the race full around the world twice.

jamesy
01-19-2011, 05:06 PM
I can't think of Flight Time & Big Easy as "Herb & Nate". :lol:

Catherine M
01-19-2011, 05:08 PM
I can't think of Flight Time & Big Easy as "Herb & Nate". :lol:

:lol:

Me neither but I just copied the list from the USA today story on past standings and forgot to change their names.

dbell1
01-19-2011, 05:44 PM
:yikes: Not Margie and Luke again. And blech to Gary and Mallory coming back. :scream:

Go Cowboys! Oh My Gravy rules! Would be fun to see them hanging out with Kynt & Vix. :lol:

merrywidow
01-19-2011, 07:03 PM
I would have liked to see Toni & Dallas from #13 again but maybe they were asked but couldn't make #18. I am delighted to see the Cowboys, the Goths, Ron & Christina, Zev & Justin back. I don't know who I want to win.

tchaikovsky_177
01-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Yay for Gary/Mallory, Ronald/Christina, Kisha/Jen and Mel/Mike.

No thanks to the cowboys and Jaime.

shan
02-14-2011, 01:58 AM
Only 1 week to go!!! I can't wait for next Sunday night! :cheer2:

love skating
02-14-2011, 03:03 AM
Are we having a contest this time? So I can fail at TAR predictions miserably like always. :D

Skittl1321
02-14-2011, 03:09 AM
Bumping this thread made me worried I missed it tonight. Even stupider I am watching cbs tonight.