PDA

View Full Version : greatest rivalry ever

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ladiesnow
01-16-2011, 12:02 AM
I just found a poll launched by Time Magazine about the greatest rivalry in figure skating. I've shown their list, but I can think of a lot of other great rivalries as well. Anyway, Yagudin and Plushenko are by far my choice, regardless of what other options I have. what do you think?

aliceanne
01-16-2011, 12:10 AM
I just found a poll launched by Time Magazine about the greatest rivalry in figure skating. I've shown their list, but I can think of a lot of other great rivalries as well. Anyway, Yagudin and Plushenko are by far my choice, regardless of what other options I have. what do you think?

Wasn't Kulik in the mix as well, and weren't they all training under Mishin in the beginning?

museksk8r
01-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Yagudin and Plushenko all the way! No other pair even comes close.

:huh: Eldredge and Goebel had a rivalry?

Aussie Willy
01-16-2011, 12:57 AM
Has to be Yags and Plushy. Just remember the clips of Yags backstage when Plush stuffed up.

The Accordion
01-16-2011, 01:37 AM
Yags Plush.
No question.

meggonzo
01-16-2011, 01:41 AM
I voted for Yags/Plush.

I think Michelle should be matched up with Slutskaya. They had a longer rivalry than Michelle/Tara did.

bardtoob
01-16-2011, 01:47 AM
Cecilia Colledge and Megan Taylor*
Tenley and Carol*
The Jenkins Brothers
Maria and Irina

Of those listed, Linda vs Annett was probably the greatest. Unlike Michelle and Tara, they actually did rematches for multiple seasons.

Tonya Harding vs Nancy Kerrigan should be called "The Able with Inconsistent training" vs "The Trained with Inconsistent ability", the silver medal goes to the hard worker when they both, on average, underperform.

I would have liked to have seen Fassi vs Mueller, but that was more like an oligopoly in the end although a rivalry at first.

* Colledge vs Taylor and Tenley vs Carol make Yag vs Plushy look like a silly tiff.

Islander
01-16-2011, 01:47 AM
IMO the most interesting rivalry had to be Kerrigan vs. Harding.

meggonzo
01-16-2011, 01:55 AM
who the hell is Scott Cramer?

And I guess Johnny vs. Evan is not that interesting... :lol:

mmscfdcsu
01-16-2011, 01:57 AM
who the hell is Scott Cramer?

And I guess Johnny vs. Evan is not that interesting... :lol:

No. It is Johnny vs. Johnny that has been interesting. He is his own biggest rival. :shuffle:

blue_idealist
01-16-2011, 02:36 AM
What about Elvis vs. Kurt? I know that didn't last very many years, because Kurt went pro, but it was still interesting.

MusicSkateFan
01-16-2011, 03:21 AM
I voted for the Brian's just because their Olympics was decided during the free skate. Yags/Plushy was my second choice only because of Plushy's fall in the Olympic Short program really decided the winner.

BTW one of my fav moments in Fig skating has to be Plushy's fall in the 2002 Olympic SP! I cheared so loudly!

judgejudy27
01-16-2011, 04:49 AM
Umm wouldnt Ito vs Yamaguchi, Kwan vs Slutskaya, and Browning vs Petrenko all been better options than Hamilton vs Cramer, Eldredge vs Goebel, or Kerrigan vs Harding.

Really
01-16-2011, 04:50 AM
I voted for Yags/Plush.

I think Michelle should be matched up with Slutskaya. They had a longer rivalry than Michelle/Tara did.Same here...for all of it.

Maximillian
01-16-2011, 06:24 AM
I really feel that Kwan v. Slute was a manufactured rivalry. At the time I was all for it and a huge Slutskaya fan, but in retrospect, Kwan really had it all over Irina and it should never have been as close as it was. I think their rivalry was more the result of Russian politics and the void left by Lipinski's departure.