PDA

View Full Version : Evan Bates injury update; he and Samuelson will attend the FD at US Nationals

Pages : [1] 2

Sylvia
01-15-2011, 03:45 PM
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110114&content_id=16439968&vkey=ice_news
Excerpts:

"Apparently, I'm right on schedule, maybe a little bit ahead of schedule,'' Bates said in a telephone interview from Ann Arbor, Mich., where he is taking courses in industrial psychology and media writing. "But there is still a bit of pain and tightness, and there is still some swelling.''
Bates can rest assured that when he returns Samuelson will be waiting for him. The two have been in close contact even recently while Samuelson has been studying in Europe. Samuelson, who is an international business major at the University of Michigan, headed to Barcelona around Christmastime and plans on spending several weeks abroad.
Bates said he and Samuelson will travel to Greensboro to watch the free dance. They will miss the short dance because they have classes back at Michigan.

Carolla5501
01-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Glad he is doing well! I think it's great that Emily is having the time to do the Europe study. You know there is no way she could have done that if they were competing so I am glad she took the opportuntiy when she had it! Hope she had a great time!

Fergus
01-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Very glad to hear the good news! :) They will definitely be missed on the ice at US Nats. :(

newbatgirl
01-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Good for them, I hope the do some interviews at Nats, Evan is always entertaining.

On a side note, I have a lot of respect for all the skaters who train while attending college. It takes a lot of discipline to train on an elite level while going to school.

genevieve
01-15-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm still :fragile: over not having them competing this season, but nice to see they are both making good use of the time. Hope they get some air time in the NBC coverage of Nats.

Garden Kitty
01-15-2011, 06:33 PM
These two just seem so nice. I wish Evan a full and speedy recovery, and I'm glad Emily is getting a chance to use their time off the ice to do something interesting.

UMBS Go Blue
01-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Bates said in a telephone interview from Ann Arbor, Mich., where he is taking courses in industrial psychology

Samuelson, who is an international business major at the University of Michigan

EYS, I hear Michigan's got some pretty darn good business classes and students. :sekret: :encore:

:cheer2: :40beers: :respec:

The Accordion
01-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Great news!
I am looking forward to seeing them back in competition when they are ready!

BittyBug
01-15-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm glad that they both seem upbeat about their lives despite this setback in their skating, and I'm looking forward to seeing them back on the ice once Evan is fully healed. (Soon, I hope. :) )

mia joy
01-16-2011, 12:35 AM
I miss them this season... hope he gets soon very quickly.

MikiAndoFan#1
01-16-2011, 12:43 AM
Great to know Evan is doing well! I miss them. :(

Pikachuusb
01-16-2011, 05:30 AM
I am glad he is doing better. I'm sad they won't be able to compete this year. I'll be cheering loud & clear when they come back to competition :cheer2:

Cyn
01-16-2011, 06:21 AM
:cheer2: This season has IMO has definitely been lacking without S/B competing - I cannot wait until Evan is healed enough for them to take to the ice again.

Enthusiast
01-16-2011, 06:47 AM
I am so thrilled he's recovering so well. Very talented athletes and people:encore:

DORISPULASKI
01-16-2011, 08:50 AM
So happy that he is nearing the point where he can train on the ice again!

Although he is making steady improvement, and hopes a trip to the doctor on Tuesday will result with a permission slip to lace up his skates once again, it's been a tough time off the ice

I really missed Evan & Emily in the GP series!