PDA

View Full Version : Chan takes great leap forward with double quads

Pages : 1 2 [3]

marbri
01-27-2011, 04:08 PM
All I wish is that Chan skates well and continues to grow. He is young, talented and as a fan of figure skating I look forward to seeing where he will take us during his competitive career.

What I also wish for (foolishly :D) is that people could resist gloating so much when it comes to him. He's still learning so while some are busy gloating that he landed 3 quads at nationals and ready to crown him at Worlds you have just as many ready to gloat if the other Chan shows up ( which is possible ).

I'm just going to enjoy the skater he is and, aside from this momentary lapse, continue to ignore Chan threads and mens threads in general. :D

Japanfan
01-28-2011, 01:39 AM
What I also wish for (foolishly :D) is that people could resist gloating so much when it comes to him. He's still learning so while some are busy gloating that he landed 3 quads at nationals and ready to crown him at Worlds you have just as many ready to gloat if the other Chan shows up ( which is possible ).

In a way it may not have been the best thing for Patrick to have skated so brilliantly. If he goes into Worlds expecting to skate as well or even better and win, the pressure could get to him. It might be a replay of the Olympics.

Also, it's possible that Patrick peaked to soon this season.

kimkom
01-28-2011, 01:48 AM
In a way it may not have been the best thing for Patrick to have skated so brilliantly. If he goes into Worlds expecting to skate as well or even better and win, the pressure could get to him. It might be a replay of the Olympics.

Shhhhhh......

Rafter
01-28-2011, 02:43 AM

This thought crossed my mind after the LP in Victoria. Hopefully Chan and Krall have enough experience for this not to happen.

Really
01-28-2011, 02:55 AM
All I wish is that Chan skates well and continues to grow. He is young, talented and as a fan of figure skating I look forward to seeing where he will take us during his competitive career.

I'm just going to enjoy the skater he is and, aside from this momentary lapse, continue to ignore Chan threads and mens threads in general. :D^^^ This :respec:

professordeb
01-28-2011, 03:27 AM

I'm just going to enjoy the skater he is and, aside from this momentary lapse, continue to ignore Chan threads and mens threads in general. :D

Well said, I salute you with a SO! However, I somehow don't think I can completely ignore Chan threads and mens threads in general but I do hope I will continue to think hard before I click that submit reply button.

Mariko88
02-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Some more articles

Beverley Smith
A Canadian figure skating battle looms
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/a-canadian-figure-skating-battle-looms/article1871671/

Cam Cole
Patrick Chan, from ‘if’ to ‘when’: stretching his quads in Victoria
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Patrick+Chan+from+when+stretching+quads+Victoria/4111655/story.html

Cleve Dheensaw
Champion Patrick Chan will attempt back-to-back quad jumps in Victoria
http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/Champion+Patrick+Chan+will+attempt+back+back+quad+ jumps+Victoria/4111893/story.html

They're all trying to hype a big rivalry between Patrick and Kevin :lol: While I appreciate how much Kevin has improved he's not quite at Patrick's level yet.

I'm excited for Patrick.

on a side note, Cam Cole is the worst sports writer I've ever read.