PDA

View Full Version : Astrology Changes...Thought You Were Scorpio or Sagittarius? Now You Are "Ophiuchus"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

PeterG
01-14-2011, 06:46 PM
All my life I thought I was a Libra. But I am not...I'm a Virgo.

Why your zodiac sign might have changed (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/why-your-zodiac-sign-might-have-changed/article1868349/)

Folks from the Minnesota Planetarium Society are reminding you that the astrological signs we follow today are out of whack with the originals.

Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17 *Discarded by the Babylonians because they wanted 12 signs per year

So who here at FSU is an Ophiuchus? Please let the rest of us know how to pronounce your zodiac sign! :P

BigB08822
01-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Oy Vey!!!

oleada
01-14-2011, 06:51 PM
I used to be a Capricorn, now I'm a Saggitarius :drama: My friend is an Ochi thing now - whatever it is, the name is dumb. The Babylonians got it right when they dumped it.

Jenny
01-14-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm surprised this isn't making more news - if it's all true, it would seem to turn a very longstanding and broad spectrum of thinking on its head. Even if you're not a full believer, I'd hazard to guess there are very few of us who don't know our sign and some of the characteristics associated with it, and who haven't read their horoscope on occasion.

I am SO not a Taurus. :drama:

Andora
01-14-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm still a Saggitarius. The reinforcement of this is amusing to me for some reason.

PeterG
01-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Oops! Now apparently this is not true???

Ophiuchus the 13th Zodiac Sign? No, It's Not - Expert astrologers debunk the latest astrological rumor
(http://www.dailyhoroscope.com/horoscope-headlines/ophiuchus-the-13th-zodiac-sign?feature=h-wel-ln-ophiuchus-dh)

This is strange because the original source is The Globe and Mail, a well-respected national Canadian newspaper. I would have thought they would have verified this info before publishing it... :confused:

aka_gerbil
01-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Or, apparantly, maybe our zodiac signs haven't changed (depending on what part of the world we're from):

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/

CynicElle
01-14-2011, 07:07 PM
So who here at FSU is an Ophiuchus? Please let the rest of us know how to pronounce your zodiac sign! :P

I'm an Opho ... Opha ... Oprah ... ugh, however it's spelled. It looks like it should be pronounced "Oh f**k us," but that could just be me being annoyed I'm not a Sagittarius anymore. I was Googling this yesterday and learned from Wikipedia that another name for Ophiuchus is Serpentarius, which sounds like the missing Malfoy son -- I think I like that one better. It's easier to spell, for one thing. We Opherwhointhewhatnows need to band together and figure out what our personality traits are supposed to be!

nerdycool
01-14-2011, 07:08 PM
There is more than 1 zodiac, and has been for quite some time. And what Westerners use as their zodiac, the Tropical Zodiac, hasn't changed at all, because it's based on the seasons, not constellations. CNN (http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/)

With that said though, I looked at my "new" sign and feel it more accurately describes me. My original sign is Aries. There is very very little in the description that applies to me. I'm not firey, impatient, assertive or outgoing. About the only thing that I can agree on is that I look good in red. :) But my new sign, Pisces, is about 90% accurate when it comes to describing me, if not more.

Bonita
01-14-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm an O-cus. Oh, the horrors, LOL.

milanessa
01-14-2011, 07:27 PM

:yikes: I'm one of those. Changed from Sagittarius to Opie. :wuzrobbed Haven't got a freakin clue how to pronounce it. :lol:

skategal
01-14-2011, 07:28 PM
My dad is the new sign. I'd call and tell him if I knew how to pronounce it...:lol:

BittyBug
01-14-2011, 07:31 PM
I am not going with this. There is no one who is more of a Gemini than I am and now they suddenly want me to be a Taurus. I don't think so. :drama:

beepbeep
01-14-2011, 07:31 PM
I went from aquarius to capricorn.
Now my life makes complete sense. :rolleyes: :P

Kruss
01-14-2011, 07:33 PM
I've always said I have no sign, so I guess I'm still good. :lol: