PDA

View Full Version : 2013 GP Final is hosted in Japan just before Sochi Olympics

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

BigB08822
01-20-2011, 07:02 PM
I think 4CC is slowly getting the A list skaters. Thanks in part to JSF because they have such deep teams that they can send 1 or 2 who did not make Worlds but who are still a top 10 skater. This will never happen for all the countries though as long as it is seen as a scheduling conflict. It is so soon after Nationals. I wonder if they would ever consider moving worlds to April? That would give another month in between. Nationals could be in January, 4CC at the end of February and then Worlds in mid/late April.

I am mostly referring to US Nationals but many countries have Nationals around Dec/Jan so it applies to many countries.

lexeoe
01-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Let's not forget the Worlds in 2009 were in LA and the Olympics the next year were in Canada. I don't see how Asia is being spoiled any more than anyone else. Worlds in LA were a short drive for me. Otherwise I have to fly. I wish I lived in Europe :(

well the last 3 north american winter olympics were preceeded by a north america worlds. (cincinnati-calgary, vancouver-salt lake city, los angeles-vancouver). had denver ot pulled out of the 1976 hosting it would've been preceeded by a colorado springs worlds. even the squaw valley olympics were preceeded by a colorado springs worlds.

lexeoe
01-22-2011, 11:51 PM
i wonder if vancouver will be willing to host GPF at pacific coliseum? on the other hand will 2013/14 gpf still be in tokyo?

lexeoe
01-22-2011, 11:54 PM
i wonder if vancouver will be willing to host GPF at pacific coliseum? on the other hand will 2013/14 gpf still be in tokyo? i doubt osaka will be given gpf since they'll have 4cc 10 mos prior.

smartblade
01-24-2011, 07:05 AM
When it comes to allocating these events, they aren't given away. National figure Skating Federations Place bids on these event,. GPF, 4CC's, EURO'S, WC and now the World Team Trophy. Then based on the bid's submitted the ISU makes the decision on who should host based on the bid is the strongest. I'm sure federations place bids based on the strength of their teams for these events. If you don't have the potential medalist, doesn't really help bring in the crowds and I'm sure that kind of information is included in bids. Besides the 2008 world championships when was the last time a host nation didn't medal?

Japan is a skating powerhouse right now, the fans have athletes to cheer so let them cheer them!

RunnersHigh
01-24-2011, 10:44 AM
According to ISU Communication 1666, Skate Canada will host 2011/2012 GPF, and 2012 4CC will be held in Colorado Springs.

Congratulations, Canada!!!!