View Full Version : Target Stores are Coming to Canada

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

overedge
01-13-2011, 07:16 PM
YESSS!!!!!!!!

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20110113/target-canada-110113/

Skate Talker
01-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Well I guess we will see - since Kmart died, who knows what this will mean. I guess maybe this is why Zellers stores have kicked it up a notch.

GarrAarghHrumph
01-13-2011, 07:47 PM
My Canadian work-friends are more excited about Marshall's opening up stores in Canada this spring:
http://www.financialpost.com/open+Marshalls+Canada/3300522/story.html

When they come down to the US, they always go to Marshalls.

overedge
01-13-2011, 07:49 PM
My Canadian work-friends are more excited about Marshall's opening up stores in Canada this spring:
http://www.financialpost.com/open+Marshalls+Canada/3300522/story.html

When they come down to the US, they always go to Marshalls.

Target>>>>>>>Marshalls in this cross-border shopper's opinion :)

Artemis@BC
01-13-2011, 07:55 PM
So long as they stock the same stuff as their US stores, this is good news indeed. I've always had great finds, esp. in casual clothes, whenever I've shopped at Target in the US.

professordeb
01-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Hmmm ... this could be interesting as I heard something about this on the local radio station and not sure if they mentioned that our local store may be one of those turning into a Target store. My sister manages the restaurant of the local Zellers and I'm not sure what that will mean for her. She needs the income.

manhn
01-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Target has similar restaurants, right?

I like Zeller's. I bought my patio furniture, rice cooker and clothes hangers at Zeller's when I recently bought my place. RIP.

But yay Target! Really looking forward to it!

Artemis@BC
01-13-2011, 08:59 PM
^ From what I understand, Zellers isn't completely going away, at least not just yet -- some locations are not being bought ('tho in those cases they're probably the unprofitable ones so likely to be closed anyway), but Target will be leasing back other locations to Zellers.

I've had some successful shopping experiences at Zellers in the past, but haven't shopped there in ages because of their appalling checkout and floor service. There are some things I'm just not willing to do for a bargain, and being treated like I'm inconveniencing store staff is one of them.

jeffisjeff
01-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Zellers is :yikes: . Target is :cheer: . But my Canadian relatives are eagerly wondering when Burlington Coat Factory will enter Canada. :lol:

oleada
01-13-2011, 09:40 PM
My Canadian relatives are going to pee in their pants with excitement.

Buzz
01-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Stopped shopping at Zellers and Wal-Mart years ago, so I welcome Target.

bobalina77
01-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Well I guess we will see - since Kmart died, who knows what this will mean. I guess maybe this is why Zellers stores have kicked it up a notch.

I've noticed this too. A couple years ago I wouldn't have stepped foot in our local zellers, but I actually did a lot of my Christmas shopping there this year and have bought quite a few baby things.. including our crib, dresser and change table set which we paid $200 for and our play pen which was $99. We've mostly been looking at baby/kids clothes but I've been quiet impressed!

That said it wouldn't suprise me if Target took that one over only because they already have a "mini" Target in the mall which just carries clothes. I'm suspecting that they'll move into the Zellers location and expand into a full Target. That I would be excited about lol.

ElizabethAnne
01-13-2011, 10:06 PM
^ .
I've had some successful shopping experiences at Zellers in the past, but haven't shopped there in ages because of their appalling checkout and floor service. There are some things I'm just not willing to do for a bargain, and being treated like I'm inconveniencing store staff is one of them.

Zeller's has floor staff? Who knew? :D I agree their checkout service is terrible (in my experience).

KikiSashaFan
01-13-2011, 10:32 PM
:cheer: I try to go to Zellers every so often and always leave empty handed because they either didn't have what I wanted or it was way more than it would be elsewhere.

jp1andonly
01-13-2011, 11:15 PM
I'm excited though i dont think they will carry the same stuff and i doubt they will be as cheap as the US