PDA

View Full Version : Target Stores are Coming to Canada

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

zhenya271
01-15-2011, 06:54 AM
I love Target, hate Walmart! This past Christmas, I needed some new tree lights for my live tree, I think I used about 16 boxes. Anyway I found some really nice quality Phillips brand lights at Target, they snap in place so you don't have to worry about the bulbs coming loose and thus flickering or causing outtages on your lines later on which I was noticing was a problem as I was stringing the older ones if you moved them funny, but I still needed more, but could only find different brands and ones that were more than than 2x's the price at stores such as Home Depot and Lowes and the ones at Walmart were some generic looking holiday brand that were more than the Target price, but so cheap in quality looking that I would have been afraid to put them on my tree.

Our Target isn't one that has a full grocery store, but I still get a lot of grocery items there. We love the Archer brand frozen pizza with spinach, plum tomatoes and goat cheese that is actually imported from Italy for only around $5.

Sometimes, I am forced to run into Walmart for convenience sakes. It is the only grocery store for miles, it has a nice, clean Subway, and it has two Redbox machines, but I wish I could go elsewhere. I hate dealing with the people in the parking lot, shopping carts are rarely corraled and a lot of times found next to your car when you come back out from shopping and even though I only go in for a few items, it's rarely ever a quick trip.

We are getting ready to move overseas again, so I can't wait to ban Walmart from my life for a couple of years! :)

Sk8ngCat
01-16-2011, 01:56 AM
A little hitch:

http://www.680news.com/news/national/article/169671--target-faces-potential-trademark-dispute-in-canada

sbmeagain
01-16-2011, 12:37 PM
I find the older I get,Target has less and less of selections for me. Shame. I loved Target when my children were in school, but now Kohls has them beat for clothes and housewares. Target, we all don't remain in our 30's and 40's forever, although I wish we could.

rfisher
01-16-2011, 01:32 PM
My sister is often sent to new Target stores to help them get set up. That's how she ended up moving to Alaska (which she loves). She was recently sent to Hawaii for a month. I wonder if she'll get sent to Canada?

Reuven
01-16-2011, 03:21 PM
My Canadian relatives are going to pee in their pants with excitement.
Well, they have a place to buy replacements, eh? ;)

deltask8er
01-16-2011, 03:50 PM
CNBC is currently showing a one-hour feature on the history of Target, btw.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/40588422/