http://www.dissonskating.com/shows/2010/skate-for-the-heart/

NBC Airdate
Sunday, January 16, 2011
4:00 6:00 PM EST
Check your local listings!

Hallmark Channel Rebroadcasts
February 8, 2011 6:00 8:00 PM
February 14, 2011 1:00 3:00 AM

Reviews of/reports from the Oct. 10th show in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75340

HisWeirness
01-13-2011, 09:09 PM
More info from NBC Sports (http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/networks/nbcsports/pressreleases?pr=contents/press-releases/2011/01/13/olympicmedalist1294951083004.xml):

OLYMPIC MEDALISTS SASHA COHEN & TANITH BELBIN & BEN AGOSTO & 3-TIME U.S. CHAMPION JOHNNY WEIR PERFORM IN SKATE FOR THE HEART THIS SUNDAY ON NBC

2006 Olympic silver medalist Sasha Cohen, 2006 Olympic silver medalists Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto and three-time U.S. Champion and two-time Winter Olympian Johnny Weir perform in “Cold-EEZE Skate for the Heart” from Covelli Center in Youngstown, Ohio this Sunday at 4 p.m. ET. The show is a part of the Pandora NBC Skating Series, produced by Disson Skating in conjunction with NBC. Two-time Olympic medalist and five-time world champion Michelle Kwan and Olympic, World and U.S. Champion Peggy Fleming host the show.

Joining Cohen, Belbin & Agosto and Weir on the ice are 2010 U.S. champion and 2010 Winter Olympian Rachael Flatt, 2010 Olympic bronze medalist Joannie Rochette and two-time U.S. Champion and 2010 Winter Olympian Jeremy Abbott among others.

American Idol season two winner Ruben Studdard and season seven runner-up David Archuleta will perform their hits as the background of the world-class skating in a show that provides awareness for the prevention of heart disease. Also providing music is a cappella group Straight No Chaser.

victorskid
01-15-2011, 01:59 PM
It's interesting that the most recent Olympic medalist and the person who appeared on the Today Show to promote this broadcast, is relegated to the "also rans"...

Too bad she's a Canadian, I guess :)

Skate Talker
01-15-2011, 03:52 PM
In my listings this show is preceded by another airing of Holiday Festival on Ice on NBC HD KING Seattle.

HeatherC
01-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Anyone watching this? Seems like a great cast and I always love to see Michelle Kwan even if she isn't skating. :)

judiz
01-16-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm watching but I'm sure like all Disson shows, we will see more of the singers than skaters. :(

Theatregirl1122
01-16-2011, 09:10 PM
I wish we could do figure skating shows without random musical guests sometimes.

I'm only watching until the pats game starts. :lol:

HeatherC
01-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Loved the edit they did of Caydee not landing the throw 3Z cleanly, LOL :rofl:

Not a fan of Jeremy's outfit but I do like Caydee's dress. I wonder if these are new SP outfits for them.

mysticchic
01-16-2011, 10:46 PM
I could have done without this performace by Johnny.

Allskate
01-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Oh, I really liked that last Johnny performance.

I also liked Straight No Chaser.

merrywidow
01-16-2011, 11:20 PM
I tho't this was one of the best Disson shows I've watched in the past few years. Loved Johnny's last number. It was breathtaking to watch. Loved Sasha's Caberet routine & Ryan's Willie Wonka's. Belbin & Agosto were great...actually I liked all the skaters. I did not enjoy watching the singers & all the shots of their open mouths.;)

Allskate
01-16-2011, 11:39 PM
I tho't this was one of the best Disson shows I've watched in the past few years. Loved Johnny's last number. It was breathtaking to watch. Loved Sasha's Caberet routine & Ryan's Willie Wonka's. Belbin & Agosto were great...actually I liked all the skaters. I did not enjoy watching the singers & all the shots of their open mouths.;)

Those were the highlights for me, too. And I agree that this was one of the best Disson shows in recent years. And, yeah, I don't like seeing the singers during the program, but I think they showed less of them this time around.

kwanette
01-17-2011, 12:00 AM

I agree. I loved the cast, all who you named..plus, I thought Joannie was wonderful.

Johnny's the man..

Jot the Dot Dot
01-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Ruben Studdard and skating? Sorry, gives me a :confused:

Wyliefan
01-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Aw, I like Ruben. :)

Dang, Ryan Bradley is adorable. And I don't even like Willy Wonka!

Nice sharp performance from Sasha of "Mein Herr" -- best I've ever seen her do that one, I think. I liked her second number too, but that song always makes me think of the California Raisins. Of course, Sasha's way younger than me. . . . :shuffle: She's probably never even heard of them!!

In the ending number, I saw Johnny put his hand to his head when the other guys had their hands up. He just can't stand not to do something different, can he? :lol:

I agree the music was better than usual.