PDA

View Full Version : EURO USA CAN SCHEDULE MADNESS

Pages : [1] 2

haribobo
01-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Goodluck trying to get anything accomplished the last 2 weeks of January! The 29th I'm pretty sure I won't be leaving the house...I created a day by day schedule, maybe I'll add in times later....

JAN 21
CAN PAIR SP
CAN SD
CAN LADIES SP

JAN 22
CAN LADIES FS
CAN MEN SP
CAN PAIR FS

JAN 23
CAN FD
CAN MEN FS

JAN 24
EURO QUAL DANCE
EURO QUAL MEN

JAN 25
EURO QUAL LADIES

JAN 26
EURO SD
EURO PAIR SP

JAN 27
US PAIR SP
US LADIES SP
EURO MEN SP
EURO PAIR FS

JAN 28
US SD
US MEN SP
EURO LADIES SP
EURO FD

JAN 29
US PAIR FS
US FD
US LADIES FS
EURO LADIES FS
EURO MEN FS

JAN 30
US MEN FS

sk9tingfan
01-12-2011, 01:50 PM
I hope you have a quad split screen to ensure your sanity! :cold:

SamuraiK
01-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Its always bothered me US nationals are at the same time than Euros.. Sure USFS has the right to host its nationals whenever they want and they don't own fans anything, but it wouldnt hurt having it one week earlier, plus its always too close to 4CC and is a main factor for sending B teams to that championship.

BTW, I dont think there will be any broadcast of the Qualification rounds :( so at least the 24th and 25th will be schedule-madness free..

BigB08822
01-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Why in the world would the USFSA give a hoot about scheduling around Europeans? Clearly, tickets sales will not be affected, being on a different continent and all. Secondly, is it even aired in the US anymore? It used to be but it was never aired live like Nationals is. The only people who even care to get online and try to watch are a few hundred, maybe a few thousand, of us uber skating freaks. As much as we like to think it, we aren't that big of a deal to the USFSA.

HisWeirness
01-12-2011, 04:00 PM
^ Euros last year was aired on Universal Sports TV about 2 weeks after the event, IIRC.

Squibble
01-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Its always bothered me US nationals are at the same time than Euros.. Sure USFS has the right to host its nationals whenever they want and they don't own fans anything, but it wouldnt hurt having it one week earlier

Yes, it would. The USFSA is never going to schedule the Seniors Free Skates or the Exhibition on the same day as the NFL Conference Championships. As it is, the Men's Free Skate and the Exhibition are going to be on the same day as the Pro Bowl.

Skate Talker
01-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Ah, so all that needs to be done then is to get the NFL to change their schedule first - simple.

GarrAarghHrumph
01-12-2011, 04:52 PM
I think I remember that the reason why US Nationals is scheduled on the weekend it's scheduled is, specifically, due to the US football championships schedule, as Squibble mentioned. That scheduling is not accidental.

LilJen
01-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Yes. Unfortunately. How much would I LOVE it if Nationals were back in early January, where they used to be, and those NFL nitwits were pushed back a week? Come on, who would you rather see in spandex: Pretty skaters, or 350-lb linebackers? :lol: (PS: USFS, if Nationals goes back to earlier in January I could more likely come in person more than once!!)

Seerek
01-12-2011, 06:15 PM
For those of us who will follow the Australian Open as well... it only makes matters worse ;)

mgobluegirl
01-14-2011, 08:37 PM
I personally think it's great timing. US Nationals starts the day after my next exam, so I don't really have to worry about not being productive... :shuffle:

ainouta
01-14-2011, 11:55 PM
I can totally see myself scheduling job interviews around Euro times...:shuffle:

Fergus
01-15-2011, 12:38 AM
For those of us who will follow the Australian Open as well... it only makes matters worse ;)

Oy, you can say that again! I worked on a schedule spreadsheet this afternoon at work..........

.............January 29th is gonna be INSANE! :lol:

Thank goodness we have HisWeirness as our scheduling sherpa. ;)

4rkidz
01-15-2011, 12:44 AM
Oy, you can say that again! I worked on a schedule spreadsheet this afternoon at work..........

.............January 29th is gonna be INSANE! :lol:

Thank goodness we have HisWeirness as our scheduling sherpa. ;)

willing to share??? :lol:

Fergus
01-15-2011, 12:57 AM
willing to share??? :lol:

Sure! It's on my flashdrive at work, anyone who wants it, just PM me an email address and I'll send it when I'm back at work on Tuesday. :)

Actually, Euros and US Nats work out rather nicely, the former being bright and early in the morn and the latter sitting snuggly in primetime.

But the Aussie Open beginning this coming Monday means we gotta get through a rather sleepless week before the skating! :lol:

(Dear Canada, please keep us abreast of developments in Victoria! The thought of adding one more time zone to my scheduling makes me wanna :scream: !)