PDA

View Full Version : iPhone is finally Verizon!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

cruisin
01-12-2011, 05:13 AM
Announced today iPhone will be available for Verizon as of February 10. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I wonder if this means there will be a compatible iPad for Verizon, with the next generation. One that does not require MiFi.

IceAlisa
01-12-2011, 05:26 AM
Our contract expires in the summer. If Verizon is better than AT&T (and that's not too hard) and especially if there is a new iPhone at the time when we are done with our contract AND if I like HTC Evo less, I will consider the iPhone.

suep1963
01-12-2011, 05:27 AM
I hear that the first generation at least will only be on 3G network, not 4G and you will not be able to surf and talk at the same time. So check if these things matter to you.

IceAlisa
01-12-2011, 05:35 AM
Yes, I am aware and am lying in wait. :sekret:

suep1963
01-12-2011, 05:36 AM
For what it's worth, both sisters have Verizon and really like the service. One is in the Chicago area, the other in the DC area. So sometimes service can make up for the difference in the phone.

Spinner
01-12-2011, 06:32 AM
I'm really excited about this too. My contract with AT&T is up the end of may, so I'll know after 3 months of Verizon's service if it's worth switching my current iPhone to them. And with rumors of iPhone 5 I can really have some choices to make!

sk8pics
01-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Announced today iPhone will be available for Verizon as of February 10. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I wonder if this means there will be a compatible iPad for Verizon, with the next generation. One that does not require MiFi.

I read that they announced an iPad that runs on Verizon's network, too, so no mifi needed. Looks like many of the rumours we've been hearing are coming true! I had suspected the iPhone for Verizon not just because of the rumors but because of the way AT&T was letting people out of their contracts early to upgrade to the iPhone4. I figured they were trying to lock people in for another 2 years, knowing that the Verizon phone was coming. Where I live, Verizon's cell service is better but I hate them, so I'm okay with continuing to be on AT&T.

hirshey girl
01-12-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm already with Verizon, so I'm excited! :D:D I've been waiting for sooooo long for this. Question: what will the iPhone 5 have that would be worth waiting for?

my little pony
01-12-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm probably going to wait for the iphone 5, in part so Verizon can work out any kinks if there are any

does anyone know what the monthly fee is for hooking this up to the interwebz?

Aceon6
01-12-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm probably going to wait for the iphone 5, in part so Verizon can work out any kinks if there are any

does anyone know what the monthly fee is for hooking this up to the interwebz?

I'm waiting, too. I use data much more than voice, so ATT's service works for me. If and when there's a iPhone version that works on VZ's 4th gen network and supports simultaneous data and voice, I may think about cutting over.

As for the fee, the current VZ data fee is $30 for unlimited use and includes VCast and mobile TV. Some articles I read expect VZ to have a separate data structure and pricing for iPhone. Rates should be announced next week. The site macrumors.com should have this info as soon as it's available.

Rex
01-12-2011, 04:05 PM
I love Verizon, but hate my LG phone; it's so limited in what it can do. I'm excited about it. A good friend of mine works for them and told me weeks ago that this would happen. But I'm going to wait to see what happens.

Chele615
01-12-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm definitely excited about this...but I just got a new phone in November. But I will definitely be looking forward to switching to the iphone when my new contract is up. By then, I'm hoping that all kinks will be worked out.

Carolla5501
01-12-2011, 04:44 PM
I have AT&T and HATE the service. Off to look into this. (And I have never surfed and talked at the same time so that's not a deal breaker :) AT&T just has lots of America with "no signal" traveled the same places with Verizon and was fine... so... BYE !

manleywoman
01-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Chart outlining At&t iPhone 4 vs. Verizon iPhone 4 (http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/11/atandt-iphone-4-vs-verizon-iphone-4-whats-changed/)

IceAlisa
01-12-2011, 05:30 PM
I am also really excited about the WiFi thing. My current phone can't do that, or can it?