PDA

View Full Version : Amazon gift cards

Wyliefan
01-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Can you use them to buy stuff from vendors on the Amazon site? I've been looking at their FAQ, but the wording is pretty vague.

BigB08822
01-11-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm not sure but I think it depends on the vendor.

LuckyCharm
01-11-2011, 06:48 PM
I'm almost certain you can since the gift card is basically like cash, but I went and read the Terms and Conditions and agree with you. It is really vague. But since they don't specifically say you can't, I suspect the answer is yes as Amazon tends to be pretty straightforward in how they do business. Just to be sure, I would shoot them a quick message to ask them (use the "Contact Us" button.) They're usually very quick to respond. Or if you already have a card and are trying to redeem it, just go checkout and it will let you know there whether your card can be applied to your purchase. If it's not then you can just choose not to submit the order.

Wyliefan
01-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Haven't got it yet -- it's still on the way. I was just figuring out what to get when it arrives. :) Thanks for the advice!

Tesla
01-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Unless they changed it recently, you can use a gift card for vendors through Amazon. I used one at the beginning of December for a used book that didn't qualify for the free shipping.

peibeck
01-11-2011, 08:58 PM
I got a $75 Amazon gift card/credit for doing online surveys and you could use it for purchasing anything on the Amazon web site.

Wyliefan
01-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Good to know. Some of the stuff I want is available only through vendors.

caseyedwards
01-12-2011, 02:20 AM
I have never had a problem buying anything by gift card from a vendor on Amazon. Love Amazon. Ebay is a different story!