PDA

View Full Version : Doll's Figure Skating Costume

JanetB
01-09-2011, 06:27 PM
My niece was given Brianne a Maplelea dol (http://www.maplelea.com/product_info.php?cPath=41&products_id=29)l for Christmas, and don't call her Brian, for which I have been volunteered to make cloths for. Luckily the fabric store is having a sale which along with my stash provides endless possibilities for outfits. One of the things I'd like to make is a skating dress. I got a sparklially swimsuit knit on sale for $1.50 for 1/2 a meter.

When you sew the costumes is it like adding a skirt to a swimsuit? I have made swimsuits before.

skatemommy
01-09-2011, 07:32 PM
They can be made a myriad of ways but that would be your easiest place to start. Post pictures please!

FigureSpins
01-10-2011, 12:35 AM
The easiest method is to make the swimsuit, then mark the skirt line around the hips or waist. Use that measurement to cut a circle skirt and pin it along the skirt line. If you pinch it properly between the top/bottom of the skirtline, you can pin and sew it without cutting the swimsuit open. That cuts down on the possibilities of runs and tears if the doll owner is a little rough when changing the bodysuit.

zaphyre14
01-10-2011, 06:40 PM
If these are the same size as the American Girl dolls in the US, there are lots of patterns available for them in the fabric stores.