PDA

View Full Version : New FSU Judging Game - 1994 Euro Ladies FS

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

gkelly
01-11-2011, 01:13 AM
So am I (A)TS or the judge from Belarus?

Aussie Willy
01-11-2011, 01:26 AM
So am I (A)TS or the judge from Belarus?
You could do both if you wanted to. Otherwise which ever one you prefer.

ainouta
01-11-2011, 02:04 AM
I'd like to play!

Extranjera
01-11-2011, 02:25 PM
What an interesting idea! :cheer2: But how do you want to judge spins, steps & spirals? Will you give all competitors level 1 for them? If so, won't it be jump contest?

bartek
01-11-2011, 02:54 PM
What an interesting idea! :cheer2: But how do you want to judge spins, steps & spirals? Will you give all competitors level 1 for them? If so, won't it be jump contest?

No it won't, because we will give skaters GOE mark for their spins, steps and spirals and I don't see any obstacle in giving a skater level 2 for spin if he/she included some difficulty which is feature for higher level. Of course most of the spins will be level one but if someone did meet requirements for level 2 or 3 we should just give it to his spin/step sequence. And spirals are just choreographed ones so we only give them GOE mark. And there are some people on the forum who have enough knowledge to determine levels, I think we already have TS, don't we?

judgejudy27
01-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Really weird to imagine that Oksana Baiul won the Olympics with a worse LP against Nancy Kerrigan who skated a better LP than Surya Bonaly at Euros ! But that's another debate : Politiks, politiks ! ;)

I dont neccessarily think Kerrigan's LP at the Olympics was better than Bonaly's at Europeans. Jump wise it definitely was not atleast.

briancoogaert
01-11-2011, 09:13 PM
I dont neccessarily think Kerrigan's LP at the Olympics was better than Bonaly's at Europeans. Jump wise it definitely was not atleast.
PML !
Surya did 5 triples at 1994 Euros. Same as Nancy in Lillehammer.
If you think jump wise, Surya did 6 triples in Lillehammer ! Do you think her programs was better than her Euros' LP, jump wise at least ? :P

Taso
01-11-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm not even about to judge this, but it was sooooo nice watching this sport from back when it looked like the one I once was in love with :) Every performance on here put a smile on my face

Allen
01-12-2011, 12:17 AM
Maybe I'm the only one, but I think getting an element an element list would be really helpful. I wasn't sure on some of the elements if they were elements or not, particularly step sequences.

judgejudy27
01-12-2011, 01:03 AM
PML !
Surya did 5 triples at 1994 Euros. Same as Nancy in Lillehammer.
If you think jump wise, Surya did 6 triples in Lillehammer ! Do you think her programs was better than her Euros' LP, jump wise at least ? :P

Bonaly had 5 clean triples in Lillehammer. The second triple of her triple flip-triple toe was badly cheated. And she was lutzless which in womens skating in the 90s is a huge no no. She had two huge errors, both bad misses on triple lutz attempts. Which is why she ended up off the podium altogether in Lillehammer.

At the Europeans she had a beautiful first triple lutz and a good attempt on a 2nd one as her only slight mistake (stepping out of it) and cheated none of her jumps, landing them all smoothly. Compared to Nancy in Lillehammer jumpwise she had a harder triple-triple, a slightly harder triple-double, and a good attempt of a 2nd triple lutz.

gkelly
01-12-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm sending Aussie Willy and Jenna my calls tonight.

Jenna
01-12-2011, 01:26 AM
I'm working on mine now! ;)

Aussie Willy
01-12-2011, 01:52 AM
I got gkelly's calls - thanks.

alchemy void
01-12-2011, 04:40 AM
Sent my scores in. Everytime I do one of these I'm convinced the ISU need to re-work the PCS criteria somehow.

Performance/Execution and Interpretation seem redundant to me and I feel like it makes it difficult to accurately vary and judge PCS. And yes, I did read the specific explanations on the ISU website... :COP:

gkelly
01-12-2011, 05:26 AM
Sent my scores in. Everytime I do one of these I'm convinced the ISU need to re-work the PCS criteria somehow.

Performance/Execution and Interpretation seem redundant to me and I feel like it makes it difficult to accurately vary and judge PCS. And yes, I did read the specific explanations on the ISU website... :COP:

Performance/Execution is kind of a catch-all category, and some of it does tend to overlap with some aspects of Interpretation.

But most of it has nothing to do with the music, and Interpretation has everything to do with the music.

Similarly, Interpretation and Choreography tend to overlap specifically in the areas where Choreography relates to the music.

So maybe it would make sense to just put everything about music in one place -- Interpretation, or call it something else -- and then P/E and Choreography will consist of everything from their current definitions that's left over when the performance or program structure are considered apart from anything related to the music?