PDA

View Full Version : Denmark Has A New Prince *And* Princess

Pages : [1] 2

AragornElessar
01-08-2011, 06:35 PM
The Crown Prince Family welcomed their Twins into the World today. The little Prince was first and then followed by the little Princess a half hour later. Both are 5 pounds and respective ounces (saw it, but don't remember it) and they and their Mother, Crown Princess Mary, are all doing fine.

We won't know the names until after they're Christened in around three months time, as per Danish Royal Family tradition.

Been waiting all week for this announcement and so happy everything went well and everyone is doing well.

Congratulations to Fredrick, Mary, Big Brother Christian and Big Sister Isabella!!!

Welcome to the World Little Ones!!! :)

Fergus
01-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Many congrats to Their Royal Highnesses! :cheer2:

Bedste ønsker for en lykkelig og sundt liv! :40beers:

AragornElessar
01-08-2011, 08:47 PM
The Offical Press Release by Frederick and Mary's Court Officer (in English) (http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/86d2774/Year/2011)

bardtoob
01-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Ooo, twins, and both above 2500 grams. Wonderful :)

Aussie Willy
01-08-2011, 11:24 PM
One of each. Nice.

mag
01-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Great news! Both over 5 pounds is fabulous for twins.

*Jen*
01-09-2011, 12:50 AM
And only one week before the due date - excellent! Glad mother and babies are in good health :)

professordeb
01-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Yipeee, more twins! I just love twins, having one set of my own. And just like these two, my son made his appearance first -except in my case, he's older by ONE whole minute :)

As for their early appearance, is it true that they are only a week early but only something in the five pound range? Just curious because I was just under 4 weeks early and my two came in at 6-9 and 5-0 respectively and I'm not a large person.

Congrats to the proud parents.

*Jen*
01-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Yes, it's true. They were due next week, and the girl is 46cm and weighs 2554 grams while the boy weighs 2674 grams and measures 47cm. I think that means the girl is about 5.6lbs and the boy 5.8.

A friend of mine had a baby last year, on time and only the one baby, and she was around the same weight.

skatesindreams
01-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the world, little ones!
Congratulations, to the happy family.

AragornElessar
01-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Hello has finally caught up w/things...

'We call him Prince Elvis' jokes Prince Frederik as he announces arrival of twins (http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/201101104744/princess-mary-of-denmark/twins/names/1/)

BTW...Over at the Royalty MB I belong to, that triggered us "adopting" that as a name for the little boy. Someone thought it wasn't fair that the little Prince had a nickname, while his little sister didn't, so she looked up to see if there were any really well known female singers celebrating their birthday on Saturday. Turns out it was also Shirley Bassey's Birthday on Saturday.

Due to that, until the Christening and official naming, we're calling the Twins Elvis and Shirley over there. :D

Christian and Isabella visited their Mother and new siblings yesterday, but I haven't seen any pictures of them arriving or leaving. Which is a good thing IMO.

Also looks like a visit to Australia this year is in the works, but that's no big surprise. Of course they'd want to show off the newest members of the Family to the side that's Down Under. :)

Herald Sun ~ Royal twins of Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik to visit Australia (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/royal-twins-of-princess-mary-and-crown-prince-frederik-to-visit-australia/story-e6frf96o-1225984848396)

Still haven't heard when they're leaving the hospital, but I'm guessing Thursday at the latest.

Fergus
01-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Prince Elvis and Princess Shirley are FABULOUS nicknames! :lol:

Mary and Fred, you listening? Name 'em Elvis and Shirley! Come on, HMQ Marge is totally hip and groovy, she'd probably love it. ;)

Finnice
01-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Prince Elvis and Princess Shirley are FABULOUS nicknames! :lol:

Mary and Fred, you listening? Name 'em Elvis and Shirley! Come on, HMQ Marge is totally hip and groovy, she'd probably love it. ;)

They would be great names!

AragornElessar
01-15-2011, 12:37 AM
The Crown Princess and the Twins all went home earlier today. In the pictures of the Gallery links below, Mary is holding the little Prince and Frederick his little Princess...

Getty Images ~ TRH Crown Prince and Princess leave hospital w/their Twins (http://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=108022499&EditorialProduct=Royalty&aid=39902&asid=94532&Language=en-US)

Daylife.com ~ Gallery of Pictures of TRH and their Twins leaving hospital (http://www.daylife.com/search/photos/1/grid?q=crown%20princess%20mary)

They are so cute and that hair!! :D

Can't wait for the first Official Family pictures w/the Twins w/their Big Brother and Sister. :)

AragornElessar
01-28-2011, 03:38 AM
This was posted at the Official Dansih Royal Family website on Monday...

Thank you for all the congratulations

Issued Monday January 24, 2011

Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess are very touched by the warm wishes and congratulations they have received on the occasion of the birth of their twins on January 8, 2011.

Unfortunately, we are unable to respond personally to each and everyone of the overwhelming amount of greeting letters that have been received.

Their Royal Highnesses would like to express their heartfelt thanks to all those who have sent letters of warm wishes and congratulations.

Christian Schønau
Chief of the Court of
TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess

A really lovely and classy thing to do IMO, as it says up there, they can't reach everyone to thank personally, so... :)