PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to My World by Johnny Weir - It's here, deal with it!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Prancer
01-11-2011, 03:02 AM
being thrilled to be around "Stars" that nobody has ever head of

I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?

stjeaskategym
01-11-2011, 03:07 AM
I'm interested in knowing how much this book actually talks about his skating adventures, as opposed to celebrities, fashion, his agent, etc. If anyone reads it and has an idea, please post. I don't think I will bother reading it if it is mostly just about things like his clothes and random appearances.

mmscfdcsu
01-11-2011, 03:09 AM
I'm interested in knowing how much this book actually talks about his skating adventures, as opposed to celebrities, fashion, his agent, etc. If anyone reads it and has an idea, please post. I don't think I will bother reading it if it is mostly just about things like his clothes and random appearances.

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/223830/johnny-weir-popped-his-cherry-when-he-found-love.html

neptune
01-11-2011, 03:55 AM
That excerpt makes me feel so sad for Johnny. He might just as well stand there and scream, "ME! ME! ME! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!!!! I MEAN IT! LOOK AT ME RIGHT NOW!!!" Because that's how it reads.

Well, have you heard the soundtrack??? Yes, I know it's unusual, but Johnny's book--the deluxe edition, anyway--has an accompanying soundtrack. Never knew that Johnny was a fan of the Spice Girls, but the opening track kind of suggests just that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6SBopDFMIU

Wisely enough, at least he saved "I'm Too Sexy" for last. Also, I wonder why "Who's Johnny" didn't make the cut? :lol:

OMG... it's worse then I expected (and I had pretty low expectations)..... The excerpt made People Magazine look like litature. I think I am not even bothering to buy it in the bargin bin...

I imagine that some cats might even object to having the book's content placed in their litter boxes. As for the bargain bin, that's today's destination. Next stop: the rubbish bin. ;)

I'd really like to see Johnny do well but this book reads like something that was edited out of Us Weekly because it was not up to their standards.

Actually, to me it reads like something that was edited out of a junior-high school newspaper because it was not up to their standards. ;)

overedge
01-11-2011, 04:18 AM
From the excerpt that was posted:

Ugly Betty’s Becki Newton

Gabourey Sidibe, an Oscar nominee

French actor Gilles Marini

Daytime talk-show host Kelly Ripa

Bravo exec and on-air personality Andy Cohen

Vera Wang the famed bridal designer turned designer of everything

Anna Wintour [...] the Vogue editor-in-chief

Ya know, Johnny, hon....if you have to explain who these people are so the readers will recognize them, you're not hanging out with as many A-listers as you think you are.

Cyn
01-11-2011, 04:18 AM
Maybe it should have been titled "Johnny B. Rude" :shuffle:

purple skates
01-11-2011, 04:21 AM
I don't get the dissing. Let him have his fun. Its not like this book was Shakespere or anything. :lol:

Aussie Willy
01-11-2011, 04:22 AM
Well, have you heard the soundtrack??? Yes, I know it's unusual, but Johnny's book--the deluxe edition, anyway--has an accompanying soundtrack. Never knew that Johnny was a fan of the Spice Girls, but the opening track kind of suggests just that

:eek: It has a soundtrack?

Wyliefan
01-11-2011, 04:24 AM
Well, have you heard the soundtrack??? Yes, I know it's unusual, but Johnny's book--the deluxe edition, anyway--has an accompanying soundtrack. Never knew that Johnny was a fan of the Spice Girls, but the opening track kind of suggests just that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6SBopDFMIU

Oh my gosh, that's too funny. I had no idea!

neptune
01-11-2011, 04:25 AM
:eek: It has a soundtrack?

I had you going there for a second! :lol:

Oh my gosh, that's too funny. I had no idea!

He definitely knows how to pick the songs. ;)

Marlowe
01-11-2011, 04:32 AM
Perhaps Johnny would have reacted with equal grace in these situations, but I doubt that Mike would choose to write in a memoir with such a deliberate lack of tact about one of his competitors.

Or with such a deliberate lack of class! ;)

Aussie Willy
01-11-2011, 04:57 AM
I had you going there for a second! :lol:

:lol: All really good lies have a ring of true about them.

REO
01-11-2011, 04:59 AM
I'm laughing at most of the comments on here from people who are so judgemental about the book before reading it on the basis of a couple of sentences. "This book sucks. It's all about fashion and B list celebrities. Uh no I'm too cool to buy it, I just read an excerpt on FSU." lmao or "I'd rather read Paradise Lost"?!!! Did you really think a figure skater's memoir would hold a candle to a classic like that?!!! Oh yeah, and maybe the person who's never heard of Sarah Jessica Parker, Vera Wang, Anna Wintour and Elton John should get out more. You must either live in solitary confinement or a nursing home.

marbri
01-11-2011, 05:17 AM
I'm laughing at most of the comments on here from people who are so judgemental about the book before reading it on the basis of a couple of sentences. "This book sucks. It's all about fashion and B list celebrities. Uh no I'm too cool to buy it, I just read an excerpt on FSU." lmao or "I'd rather read Paradise Lost"?!!! Did you really think a figure skater's memoir would hold a candle to a classic like that?!!! Oh yeah, and maybe the person who's never heard of Sarah Jessica Parker, Vera Wang, Anna Wintour and Elton John should get out more. You must either live in solitary confinement or a nursing home.

You covered everything but me :rofl: at him thinking he got the best seating in the movie theatre. Come on, you have to admit that part is :rofl: and a bit of an oops moment for him :D

danceronice
01-11-2011, 05:20 AM
The excerpt's on msnbc's site and long enough that the writing style is...not encouraging. It certainly isn't encouraging me to read more if I'm interested in Johnny as a skater.

Unintentionally, he sounds like he just fell off the turnip truck. I mean, honey, we get it, you're impressed by 'famous' people (and please, the only reason anyone outside the fashion industry knows who Anna Wintour is by name is because of "The Devil Wears Prada" and all the talk of how it was based on her.)

It really does read very Us Weekly, OMG celebrity, and since that's the first thing you read picking it up, that doesn't bode well.

Besides, we all know the sniping on FSU is going to be vastly more entertaining than any book every could be.