PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to My World by Johnny Weir - It's here, deal with it!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Carolla5501
01-10-2011, 05:22 PM
OMG... it's worse then I expected (and I had pretty low expectations)..... The excerpt made People Magazine look like litature. I think I am not even bothering to buy it in the bargin bin....

Rex
01-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Really? I never recalled Johnny being positive about COP.

It was the issue called "The Boys of Summer", and I do remember reading that.

OMG... it's worse then I expected (and I had pretty low expectations)..... The excerpt made People Magazine look like litature. I think I am not even bothering to buy it in the bargin bin....

The prices on Amazon.com have already been marked down.

Cheylana
01-10-2011, 05:41 PM
It was the issue called "The Boys of Summer", and I do remember reading that.
I also remember that. Very early on he liked it, but then not so much later.

Rex
01-10-2011, 05:43 PM
I also remember that. Very early on he liked it, but then not so much later.

See? I'm not crazy. ;) Well, just a little. But he did change his tune, I dunno, maybe between Moscow Worlds and Torino?

Cheylana
01-10-2011, 07:34 PM
See? I'm not crazy. ;) Well, just a little.
Crazy like a fox! :)

It seemed to me that Johnny changed his tune after he got edged by Lysacek at Moscow Worlds.

Rex
01-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Crazy like a fox! :) :)

It seemed to me that Johnny changed his tune after he got edged by Lysacek at Moscow Worlds.
Yeah, that makes sense. I remember him bitching about it a lot around that time.

genevieve
01-10-2011, 07:47 PM
At a party following Cup of Russia, a tipsy Johnny spotted Evan sitting in a corner, and challenged him to a handstand contest. They adjourned to a hallway upstairs, where Johnny was "losing terribly" and then "came down wrong" on the toe of his "very pointy gray leather boots," spraining his ankle. There went the GPF.

That's one of those stories that's either too stupid to be real, or too stupid to be made up. Their history of bringing out the 5 year old in each other leads me to believe that, in this case, it's the latter. :lol:
I used to work for a well-known modern choreographer who toured nationally. One of her company dancers (a woman in her mid-20s at the time) got really shitfaced at a party and broke her ankle doing repeated leaps off the end of a couch in someone's back yard. She wasn't able to dance for over a year - and suffice it to say she did not get to rejoin the company. The choreographer was furious, because she had to recast for an upcoming tour, and I just remember thinking, what a fcuking idiot :wall: to throw away something you've worked so hard for over something so stupid.

IceIceBaby
01-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Seriously, was there any doubt? It's clear he is done with competitive figure skating.

But here at the end he says that he definitely tries to come back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot10Jk_eIWE

I don't know what to think anymore......

Frau Muller
01-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Johnny MUST come back! Imagine - an Olympics in Russia without Johnny?

Wyliefan
01-10-2011, 09:58 PM
That excerpt makes me feel so sad for Johnny. He might just as well stand there and scream, "ME! ME! ME! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!!!! I MEAN IT! LOOK AT ME RIGHT NOW!!!" Because that's how it reads.

igniculus
01-10-2011, 10:09 PM
But here at the end he says that he definitely tries to come back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot10Jk_eIWE

Thanks for posting, I had no chance to watch the clip before.

As for trying, he may will try to come back.

overedge
01-10-2011, 10:10 PM
That excerpt makes me feel so sad for Johnny. He might just as well stand there and scream, "ME! ME! ME! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!!!! I MEAN IT! LOOK AT ME RIGHT NOW!!!" Because that's how it reads.

His hair :eek: reminds me of how Time magazine described Elvis Presley's hair in one of Elvis' later movies: "a swatch of hot buttered yak wool".

my little pony
01-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Johnny MUST come back! Imagine - an Olympics in Russia without Johnny?

oh I am sure he will be there

he will be commentating on some Russian version of the Today show, but he will be there

Rex
01-10-2011, 10:29 PM

:lol: harsh, but more than an element of truth in it.

MacMadame
01-10-2011, 10:57 PM
If Johnny thinks Michael Weiss is "big and hulking", Johnny must be smaller than he looks.
There was a time when Weiss was heavily into weight lifting and looked fairly bulky. Later on he admited that he got carried away and it impacted his skating so he toned it down.

This was also his period of intense foot-in-mouth disease. :lol: