PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to My World by Johnny Weir - It's here, deal with it!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

snoopysnake
01-09-2011, 03:38 AM
wow,I never thought Michael Weiss will be the first big name in the book in this way :eek::eek::eek:

any more details about the book?

and could you please tell me about the withdraw for GPF thing?

At a party following Cup of Russia, a tipsy Johnny spotted Evan sitting in a corner, and challenged him to a handstand contest. They adjourned to a hallway upstairs, where Johnny was "losing terribly" and then "came down wrong" on the toe of his "very pointy gray leather boots," spraining his ankle. There went the GPF.

luCN
01-09-2011, 03:47 AM
At a party following Cup of Russia, a tipsy Johnny spotted Evan sitting in a corner, and challenged him to a handstand contest. They adjourned to a hallway upstairs, where Johnny was "losing terribly" and then "came down wrong" on the toe of his "very pointy gray leather boots," spraining his ankle. There went the GPF.

Thank you !

I don't know what to say :eek::eek::eek:

barbk
01-09-2011, 04:10 AM
Thank you !

I don't know what to say :eek::eek::eek:

"Ouch" does pretty nicely for me. ;)

mkats
01-09-2011, 04:22 AM

This is so weird I don't have any idea what to say :rofl:

ETA: Can most skaters do handstands? I can't...

Roxanne
01-09-2011, 04:28 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: That's the funniest thing I've read tonight.

livetoskate
01-09-2011, 04:58 AM
I've never met Michael Weiss, but he's from my area. I've run into quite a few people--not all of them involved in figure skating--who know him, and the reports are 100% positive. Even aside from the training $$$ assistance his foundation provides to promising young skaters, Michael is clearly a class act.

However, it's possible for two people to respond negatively to each other, even if they are both "nice".

Michael's said some things in the media that rubbed people the wrong way or seemed arrogant, but I just want to say that in person, at the Fairfax Ice Arena, he was always humble and a hard worker, with no attitude at all. I skated on some freestyle sessions with him and saw him often, back when he was becoming known and at the height of his skating career. While he was doing all his triples and quads, other lowly skaters like myself were scooting around doing singles, etc. with no problems. I've been on plenty of other sessions at other rinks where bratty "rink star" (or should I say, "rink star" in their own minds) kids are yelling for people to get out of their way, looking exasperated when people are supposedly in their space, disrespectful to other skaters, or are throwing hissy fits. I never heard any gossip about Michael being classless or an idiot.

With all that said, I am curious to read Johnny Weir's book, but no way am I going to pay $30 or whatever it currently costs for that. I'll read it at the book store or the library.

DickButtonFan
01-09-2011, 05:23 AM
You can get the book for a decent price on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Welcome-My-World-Johnny-Weir/dp/1451610289/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294550345&sr=8-1

He is currently: #12 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Biographies :)

luCN
01-09-2011, 05:29 AM
You can get the book for a decent price on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Welcome-My-World-Johnny-Weir/dp/1451610289/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294550345&sr=8-1

He is currently: #12 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Biographies :)

and #1 in Books > Sports > Winter Sports > Ice Skating & Figure Skating :D

Quintuple
01-09-2011, 05:45 AM
Wow, what a wretched cover. Very mid-90s.

If my library doesn't get it, I hope the local bookstore carries remainders.

Without having read any of it, though, I'm willing to bet Johnny hasn't *really* written a "tell-all". People tend to protect their images in autobiographies.

DickButtonFan
01-09-2011, 06:05 AM
and #1 in Books > Sports > Winter Sports > Ice Skating & Figure Skating :D

:encore::D:respec:

Cyn
01-09-2011, 07:19 AM

He took himself out of contention for the GPF after being injured in a freaking handstand contest?! What an idiot.

That he lost to Evan might be part of what has contributed to his animosity toward Lysacek. JMO, though…..

Margaret
01-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Judging by this thread, Johnny wrote an entire book about Michael Weiss.

igniculus
01-09-2011, 09:11 AM

Dear me, complete idiots. Both! :drama:

neptune
01-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Judging by this thread, Johnny wrote an entire book about Michael Weiss.

Isn't that neat? Johnny has found his perfect post-skating calling...as a biographer. I wonder who his next book's gonna be about? :lol:

kia_4EverOnIce
01-09-2011, 11:38 AM
He has landed two: one during 2000 worlds short, the other one I think at 2005 world.

also Lalique 2003 I think..