PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to My World by Johnny Weir - It's here, deal with it!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

UWDawg
01-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Regardless of what Johnny really eats or ate while training, it's clearly important to him that fans THINK he was barely eating anything, and that's pretty problematic as well. I noticed just from his movie that he was a bit obsessed with being not just slender but skinny. It's kind of disturbing.

I agree. I honestly don't believe he ate that little, but he wants us to think he did. Which is disturbing and not normal.

genevieve
01-18-2011, 11:01 PM
It's like ladies who will only eat a small salad on a date with a guy, and then come home and eat their real meal, because they want him to think they are dainty eaters or whatever (and yes, I've known women who do this). :scream:

Anita18
01-19-2011, 12:10 AM
It's like ladies who will only eat a small salad on a date with a guy, and then come home and eat their real meal, because they want him to think they are dainty eaters or whatever (and yes, I've known women who do this). :scream:
My bf in college was impressed when I cleaned off a full rack of baby back ribs. :rofl: I think guys are impressed when a girl eats!

Wyliefan
01-19-2011, 12:23 AM
The best guys are the guys who love to see a girl eat. :D

agalisgv
01-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Regardless of what Johnny really eats or ate while training, it's clearly important to him that fans THINK he was barely eating anything, and that's pretty problematic as well. I noticed just from his movie that he was a bit obsessed with being not just slender but skinny. It's kind of disturbing. It reminds me of Austin Scarlett commenting on his own figure and saying you can never be too rich or too thin (he being quite thin).

kwanfan1818
01-19-2011, 12:52 AM
I once sat next to a NYCB ballerina at an Upper West Side restaurant after a ballet performance. She had danced one ballet in the matinee and was scheduled to dance another in the evening, and her lunch was a side salad of lettuce and tomato, with dressing on the side. She picked out all of the tomatoes, didn't touch the dressing, and mostly chain-smoked until she asked for her bill. I was astonished that she could live on that.

rudi
01-19-2011, 12:55 AM
His schedule is listed on the "Events" section of his website:
http://www.figureskatersonline.com/johnnyweir/home/events/

Nothing listed for Florida yet. Hopefully he plans on adding more dates.

Thanks, meggonzo! I will check it out.

I was excited about reading this book before it came out, but the more I hear from people here who have read it, the more I think I may be disappointed.

Theatregirl1122
01-19-2011, 01:46 AM
Johnny isn't the only "skater" to be , shall we say, obsessed with diet and fashion. Follow some "tweets"..for some, that is ALL they talk about.(along with working out)

We must not be following the same skaters.

Prancer
01-19-2011, 02:41 AM
I was excited about reading this book before it came out, but the more I hear from people here who have read it, the more I think I may be disappointed.

If you really like Johnny, I think you will like his book :).

mmscfdcsu
01-19-2011, 02:45 AM
If you really like Johnny, I think you will like his book :).

:shuffle: Are you sure about that? Some of the parts are so :eek: :eek: :eek: that it is hard to believe that his agent read it and let him put it out there. His only description of his modern dance teacher was "fat" :rolleyes: The total self absorbtion when he speaks about a benefactor of his who donated some money to his skating. Not a word of praise for this person, just a poor me kind of attitude that now nobody was giving him money after this person died. :(

manleywoman
01-19-2011, 02:46 AM
Johnny isn't the only "skater" to be , shall we say, obsessed with diet and fashion. Follow some "tweets"..for some, that is ALL they talk about.(along with working out)

I've been disappointed with some skaters' tweets. On voting day, some encouraged people to vote, and others just talked about shopping and manicures. Same with the Giffords shooting, MLK day, etc. Like they have no clue of current events.

manleywoman
01-19-2011, 02:49 AM
:shuffle: Are you sure about that? Some of the parts are so :eek: :eek: :eek: that it is hard to believe that his agent read it and let him put it out there. :(

Considering who his agent is, are you surprised?

Modlin is clearly smart or she wouldn't be as rich and successful as she is, but I don't think she has much of a filter for diplomacy.

Theatregirl1122
01-19-2011, 02:52 AM
I've been disappointed with some skaters' tweets. On voting day, some encouraged people to vote, and others just talked about shopping and manicures. Same with the Giffords shooting, MLK day, etc. Like they have no clue of current events.

I don't tweet about these things either. It's not what I use my twitter for. Having a twitter is not a social contract to tweet about every world event.

manleywoman
01-19-2011, 03:02 AM
I don't tweet about these things either. It's not what I use my twitter for. Having a twitter is not a social contract to tweet about every world event.

I suppose, but I find it disconcerting when something devastating or major happens in the world and all they can discuss is hair products or massages. Every. Damn. Day.

reese
01-19-2011, 03:21 AM
I suppose, but I find it disconcerting when something devastating or major happens in the world and all they can discuss is hair products or massages. Every. Damn. Day.

I agree. I find Twitter incredibly informative as to which skaters are relatively well-rounded and which skaters are spoiled, entitled brats.