PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to My World by Johnny Weir - It's here, deal with it!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Frau Muller
01-13-2011, 10:18 PM
He still can marry someone and obtain a dual citizenship.

You mean - a woman? Because if it's a man, it's not gonna happen in an Eastern Orthodox country! (Bye-bye, Russian partner.) Just ain't gonna happen. Denmark or the Netherlands, perhaps. :lol:

Sylvia
01-13-2011, 10:26 PM
An excerpt from Johnny's book (page 227) -- bolded sentence by me:
Finally, after a torturously long time, a little old woman shuffled out of the meeting room and taped a small piece of paper to the wall, right under our [2009 Nationals] event results. I was named the second alternate for the World Championships, not even the first alternate. That was the end of my season.

Fact check time: Weir actually was named the first alternate to 2009 Worlds (though probably not much consolation to him at the time) according to this USFS press release: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=42483&type=news

Men's
2009 World Championships
Jeremy Abbott
Evan Lysacek
Brandon Mroz
Alternate 1 � Johnny Weir
Alternate 2 � Ryan Bradley
Alternate 3 � Stephen Carriere

Carolla5501
01-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Does he have to be released if he changes to pairs or dance? (Blades of Glory come to life anyone?)

igniculus
01-13-2011, 11:01 PM
You mean - a woman?

Who knows? He recently indicated he'd marry a woman anytime. Maybe all of that was the part of a big and sekret konspiracy! :P

Anita18
01-13-2011, 11:20 PM
LOL, you'd weep at our house. Mom's hands aren't really up to Chopin edtudes any more, and none of the rest of us play. I doubt the thing's been tuned since my parents moved. But I doubt it's worth much--it was old and secondhand when her parents bought it fifty years ago and while it's okay shape I wouldn't put it on stage at Carnegie Hall.
Well, at least someone used to play it. :) I was more referring to the people who just bought one as a piece of furniture.

And my college piano teacher owns a Steinway build in the 1890s (it doesn't even have a sostenuto pedal) that had been sitting in someone's house for years and years, so they do keep their shape as long as you don't go storing it outside. :P

sk9tingfan
01-14-2011, 12:10 AM
Apparently, Johnny has a book tour bus. I hope this link is accessible. the bus design is really cool.

http://twitpic.com/3pr5af

HisWeirness
01-14-2011, 12:12 AM
Apparently, Johnny has a book tour bus. I hope this link is accessible. the bus design is really cool.

Needs more sparklies and feathers. :drama:

judiz
01-14-2011, 12:15 AM
I take it from other comments that it's mostly that he eats very little and survives on Starbucks (didn't another poster mention upthread that she once gave him a Starbucks gift card as a fan gift? bizarre).

If there are other details, I'd be interested to hear them.

I'm the one who gave Johnny the gift card to Starbucks but that was before he announced that was what his diet was, I chose Starbucks because it was listed on his website as his favorite type of coffee.

On Be Good Johnny Weir they use to show him eating dinner at home, he always had chicken or meat, a salad and a potato.

MacMadame
01-14-2011, 01:28 AM
U.S. Figure Skating would never release Johnny Weir to skate for another country. If he skates, he'll have to do it for the good ol' Stars and Stripes.
Once enough time passes (2 years? it keeps changing), they have no say.

Does he have to be released if he changes to pairs or dance? (Blades of Glory come to life anyone?)
The release is not about what discipline you skate in. So, yes, he would.

overedge
01-14-2011, 01:34 AM

Hmm, I hope the cost of this isn't being charged against the royalties from the book sales....

mkats
01-14-2011, 01:45 AM
On Be Good Johnny Weir they use to show him eating dinner at home, he always had chicken or meat, a salad and a potato.

Didn't Johnny once say something about having some weird treatment for foot aches that involved potatoes and onions, something he got from Galina? I swear I'm not making this up...

Also, I would like to say that catching up on this thread has been the thing I've been most excited about doing when I come home from work for the last few days. FSU has not disappointed!

snoopysnake
01-14-2011, 02:15 AM
.Howard heard that he's smoking now too. Johnny said he doesn't smoke on a regular basis. Howard said that would be nuts to smoke every day. Johnny agreed.

Johnny is nuts to smoke at all. This is yet another indication of his lack of respect of his own skating talent.

judiz
01-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Johnny is nuts to smoke at all. This is yet another indication of his lack of respect of his own skating talent.

Didn't I read somewhere on FSU that some people use smoking to suppress their appetite so they can keep their weight down?

luCN
01-14-2011, 02:50 AM
I don't think Johnny can continue skating for the USA after the book...but if he did want to go to 2014 sochi,he can change his nationality,after two years ban,he can attent competitions for another country.

actually,I once thought he can come back,because he talked about next season and the new programs.but now I don't think so.now he just keep talking about Sochi,which is too far away,and never has a plan.that may just be another way to get attention from the skating world
╮(╯_╰)╭

and the pair or ice dance thing,sorry,I don't think he suit that,he's not strong enough to lift or throw the woman.but maybe he can attent the World Outgames with his former lover...

Carolla5501
01-14-2011, 03:00 AM
The release is not about what discipline you skate in. So, yes, he would.

I know.... but... :lol: