PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to My World by Johnny Weir - It's here, deal with it!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Carolla5501
01-13-2011, 02:24 AM
I've heard that Johnny has a health issue which made it mandatory for him to be extremely thin while skating, but if he's not training, he should be able to let up a bit! I don't eat very much myself, but I feel like right crap if I'm not getting enough nutrition. Not sure how other people do it...

Now there's a 'health issue"? Really? What would that be? The "I need to be thin to do triple jumps" disease?

I read Johnny's blog where he 'claims' he can tell the nutrient's his body needs and that all it needs is Starbucks.

Sadly I believe the "health issue" is possibly an 'eating disorder' :(

luCN
01-13-2011, 02:57 AM
In the US, SOI and the occasional Disson show are about all that's left on a larger scale, and I think Johnny closed those doors long ago because of his image and comments he has made over the years. His more recent comments just removed any possible doubt that either might ever be an option. But he doesn't seem to have the same challenges in Europe or Asia though.

I think he had some charity show in the US last year,which hold by SOI's productor Scott Hamilton(am I right?)so maybe anything can happen,every show need attention too IMO~

and I think Johnny's main market is in Japan and Russia,I don't think he had many western europe shows offer,but he has many crazy fans in Russia,and he is member of the biggest company in Russia by LA.

luCN
01-13-2011, 03:01 AM
I've heard that Johnny has a health issue which made it mandatory for him to be extremely thin while skating, but if he's not training, he should be able to let up a bit! I don't eat very much myself, but I feel like right crap if I'm not getting enough nutrition. Not sure how other people do it...

I think many figure skaters do it too.I heard Plushenko once only drink a cup of celery and apple(or something else?) juice for a dinner when he preprare to come back.

judiz
01-13-2011, 03:52 AM

The only health issue Johnny ever made public was when his mom mentioned on his reality show that Johnny was born with underdeveloped eustachian tubes and was always suffering from sinus infections and colds growing up. Johnny also said he didn't train quads all year because he didn't want to risk breaking his bones again.

neptune
01-13-2011, 03:55 AM
[Did the book mention who shot J.R. in Dallas?]

No but it said Johnny was on the grassy knoll. :D

Ah, I knew he had his fingers in the pie somehow! ;)

meggonzo
01-13-2011, 04:24 AM
Did anyone get to see him on Wendy Williams today? I haven't been able to find a video online yet.

LuckyCharm
01-13-2011, 04:28 AM
Did anyone get to see him on Wendy Williams today? I haven't been able to find a video online yet.

I haven't seen it yet, but if you're in the US and have cable, it will air on BET at midnight EST.

portia
01-13-2011, 04:42 AM
and I think Johnny's main market is in Japan and Russia,I don't think he had many western europe shows offer,but he has many crazy fans in Russia,and he is member of the biggest company in Russia by LA.

Hopefully the Japanese FS fans and media haven't picked up on his continuous insistence that he deserved to be on the Olympics podium. That would mean their beloved Daisuke didn't deserve his bronze medal. If I were Tara I would suggest Johnny to stop saying this because sooner or later the Japanese FS media will pick this up, then he'll no longer be invited to Japan. Japan is crucial for the pro skater nowadays as it's the most lucrative market in terms of $$$$ paychecks along with Korea of course. Basically you have to be like Plushenko or Lambiel, they kiss up to Yuna and Japanese skaters, and in turn they keep getting invited to all the big shows....they must make bank just in Japan alone knowing how the Japanese are.

luCN
01-13-2011, 05:26 AM
Hopefully the Japanese FS fans and media haven't picked up on his continuous insistence that he deserved to be on the Olympics podium. That would mean their beloved Daisuke didn't deserve his bronze medal. If I were Tara I would suggest Johnny to stop saying this because sooner or later the Japanese FS media will pick this up, then he'll no longer be invited to Japan. Japan is crucial for the pro skater nowadays as it's the most lucrative market in terms of $$$$ paychecks along with Korea of course. Basically you have to be like Plushenko or Lambiel, they kiss up to Yuna and Japanese skaters, and in turn they keep getting invited to all the big shows....they must make bank just in Japan alone knowing how the Japanese are.

I don't think the Japanese care about these things.Johnny have said he deserved to be on the Olympics podium since Feburary!and Japan still invite him several times.

I think Japan invite foreign skaters only to sell tickets,so it's just about the fans numbers,none bussiness about what they say and do.Johnny has so many crazy Japanese fans,and we should know Japanese fans don't care about what the idol say and do,if they fall in love with one,they will love him until die.so I think we needn't worry about Johnny's Japan market.See!his single which get low feedback here easily got No1 on Amazon Japan.:P

LadyNit
01-13-2011, 05:50 AM
I just watched the few moments of JWe's appeared with Wendy Williams. He covered the same territory he's done on other shows. Must say, his jacket was interesting. Cropped short in back. He had on a white tee shirt underneath that was significantly longer than the jacket. It was pulled down over his butt. Between that and his low rise jeans, the end result made him look like he had a HUGE BUBBLE BUTT. Not a look I'd ever want myself, but perhaps it was deliberate on his part. :P

MacMadame
01-13-2011, 06:19 AM
Johnny used blank black top and pants for one of his EX programs. It was in the idea of the program. But there are other programs with completely different idea. Same for Stephane. Would he listen to anyone who'd tell him to replace his zebra costume? I guess no.
And that's all Johnny had to do. USFS officials make suggestions to elite skaters all the time about what to wear, how to act, where to place their jumps in a program, etc., etc. You listen to the advice that makes sense to you and ignore the rest. You don't have a hissy fit and throw away your chance to be on the GP circuit.

The fact that he considers Carrie Bradshaw a role model actually explains a lot.:scream:
Yes, that and this quote:

“When you come from a small place, a lot of people don’t have big dreams or aspirations (like when I’d mention a Birkin bag, not a lot of people got it).”

So apparently anyone who doesn't know what a Birkin bag is doesn't have any aspirations or dreams? Good grief.

I think Aunt Joyce's review linked by Roxanne was a good one.
Yes, I'm so glad AJ took the time to compare all the fonts of the various figure skater autobiographies he's read. That's very important when trying to decide whether or not to buy a book. :rofl:

LuckyCharm
01-13-2011, 06:23 AM
Yeah, nothing new or controversial in the Wendy interview, unless you consider the little skirmish with the SWTS lady a controversy. Just cute, funny fluff mostly. I almost liked the outfit until I saw the aforementioned white shirttail. It seems that whenever he almost puts together a decent outfit he adds one detail that pushes it over the line into fugly. He did mention once again that he would like to compete in Sochi.

Suezq2568
01-13-2011, 06:41 AM
I just watched the few moments of JWe's appeared with Wendy Williams. He covered the same territory he's done on other shows. Must say, his jacket was interesting. Cropped short in back. He had on a white tee shirt underneath that was significantly longer than the jacket. It was pulled down over his butt. Between that and his low rise jeans, the end result made him look like he had a HUGE BUBBLE BUTT. Not a look I'd ever want myself, but perhaps it was deliberate on his part. :P

He told Howard Stern that what other guys like about him is his J-Lo like booty.

alchemy void
01-13-2011, 07:13 AM
WHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYY would BD Wong go to this hot mess of a book signing?? :drama: I now need to watch 5 episodes of SVU on netflix to cleanse myself....

Weir looks ghastly. :wall: I'm his age and a gay male so I can say that, right?

Sarah Hughes looked stunning, well at least from the backside pic. :EVILLE:

And Baiul does look right at home. :yikes:

Anita18
01-13-2011, 07:45 AM
Yes, that and this quote:

“When you come from a small place, a lot of people don’t have big dreams or aspirations (like when I’d mention a Birkin bag, not a lot of people got it).”

So apparently anyone who doesn't know what a Birkin bag is doesn't have any aspirations or dreams? Good grief.
I didn't know what a Birkin bag was until yesterday, when I saw some people on a gossip blog commenting on how they had seen so many of them on celebrities recently (the celebrity in question was Kim Kardashian) and I thought, "THAT plain old thing?" :rofl:

And yeah, Johnny does seem to be a little too materialistic for his own good...:shuffle: