PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to My World by Johnny Weir - It's here, deal with it!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Jenny
01-12-2011, 03:21 PM
As long as high-profile media outlets have interest in booking him and airing the horse.

Except that each media outlet thinks it's a new and controversial statement, not realizing that the audience has already heard it a hundred times.

Rex
01-12-2011, 03:26 PM
not realizing that the audience has already heard it a hundred times....and probably better...

luCN
01-12-2011, 03:33 PM
any reports or news about the book signing???

WindSpirit
01-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Hey, I'm using Johnny's information. Thank or blame JW! He was quite specific. And since when are FSUers 'Rebeccas of Sunnybrook Farm" in the gossip department?! :lol::lol::lol: I love it when someone blames their own nosiness on everything else. Oh he practically begged me to try and do everything in my power to find that information out! Bless him, he must have known how important it is for me to know whom he slept with! Besides it's what we always do, ain't it, folks? :rolleyes:

Weir might have provided some information in his book about his partner, but that doesn't mean that you have to go way and beyond to find out who it was. Posting a list of names of people who you think fit the bits of info Weir included in his book to guess from? Beyond tacky.

If you do something as classless as that, learn how to use the "I" pronoun. It's not "him", "us" or "them". It's you.

HisWeirness
01-12-2011, 04:06 PM
any reports or news about the book signing???

There is a report here:
http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/2011/01/johnny-weir-welcome-to-my-world-book-signing.html

Sylvia
01-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Johnny Weir: I Have “Lots of Dirt” Left to Tell (http://www.nbcnewyork.com/blogs/niteside/Johnny-Weir-I-Have-Lots-of-Dirt-Left-to-Tell-113338439.html)

There was a lot in the book that I had to take out…because of people that would sue me and stuff like that,” he said. “If I have the opportunity to write a second book, there will be completely new stories that nobody’s heard yet. There’s lots of dirt that I wanted to tell that I wasn’t able to because I’m still too close to the skating world.”

NY Daily News video of Johnny promoting his book on top of the Empire State Building yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mUORdyFdIo

Jenny
01-12-2011, 04:34 PM
There is a report here:
http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/2011/01/johnny-weir-welcome-to-my-world-book-signing.html

Looks like he had a little crowd there, good for him. Funny that the report says "plenty of press there, including David Barba and James Pellerito, who were filming for the next season of Be Good Johnny Weir" - um, they're producers, not press :lol:

Johnny looks like Data from Star Trek in that outfit and hair!

snoopysnake
01-12-2011, 05:02 PM
We need a new rep level: blankyblank thinks Alex is Dick Button.

Wyliefan
01-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Looks like he had a little crowd there, good for him. Funny that the report says "plenty of press there, including David Barba and James Pellerito, who were filming for the next season of Be Good Johnny Weir" - um, they're producers, not press :lol:

They're sort of press. A TV documentary series counts as press, I think.

Carolla5501
01-12-2011, 05:07 PM
They're sort of press. A TV documentary series counts as press, I think.

IMHO reality TV (and that's what Being JW is) does not count as press... Or really even decent TV :)

manleywoman
01-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I listened to some of it - yet again (does it ever stop?) about how he skated the best he ever did (perhaps) and didn't get a medal as the award for that because "it's all political." I understand that it's not controversial to say "I skated the best I ever skated but it wasn't medal-worthy against the competition that night" but jeez...it's gettin' old. He didn't earn a place on the podium fair and square. Could he have been 5th and not 6th? Definitely. How long is he going to beat this particular horse? And I have to wonder if, as a reasonably smart guy, he even believes this bs himself.

DOn't forget his mother believes he was screwed too, so he has support in perpetuating the myth.

I have to admit I'm shocked nobody on FSU seems to have been at the book signing . . . was anyone there and care to report back?

And here are pictures of the after party at Ice Network (http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photogallery/year_2011/month_01/day_12/cf16425072.html). What in god's name is Tara Modlin wearing?? :yikes:

I am envious I couldn't be there. I'm hoping my podcast get popular enough that I start getting invites to parties like that so I can cover them like IceNetwork does (I know LifeSkate is NYC-based, lucky girl!).

Sylvia
01-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Here's the direct link to the photo gallery: http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photogallery/year_2011/month_01/day_12/cf16425072.html

One of the customer reviewers ("Jon") wrote a follow-up response to his 1/10 review: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3H7HUEV4SX1NJ/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1451610289&nodeID=&tag=&linkCode=#wasThisHelpful
Here's an excerpt from his response on 1/11:

He [Weir] does talk about the USFSA, but not with the depth or breadth that I would have liked.

Here is one example that might give you a better idea of whether this book is for you. If you are surprised that the USFSA would "ask" him to tone down his costumes and might retaliate against him if he didn't, then this book might be an eye-opener. If, however, you're a fan or skater who is pretty much already aware that such things go on and that favorites are picked, then you won't find much that is very interesting. Most of the other events he describes are (at least in my opinion) on that level with the exception of one particular incident involving particularly bad judging that is mostly speculation on Weir's part. The real deep, detailed, and let's face it, JUICY stuff about the USFSA, other skaters, and the skating world in general he doesn't cover.

Wyliefan
01-12-2011, 05:17 PM
There's a picture of Galina Cohen but not Sasha? Weird!

inthemiddle
01-12-2011, 05:26 PM
There's a picture of Galina Cohen but not Sasha? Weird!

Sasha is in Japan with SOI.

Carolla5501
01-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Who is singer Randy Jones?

And I agree what is Tara wearing...

I don't regret not being invited this shindig.. Aim higher Manleywoman!!! You deserve more!

(And on a totally unrelated topic did someone say Sarah Hughes was now one of Tara's clients? WHY? I can't see she's done much for ANY of her clients, but Weir and I am not really impressed with what she's done there)

Wiki to the rescue

Randy Jones (born on 13 September 1952 in Raleigh, North Carolina, United States) is an American disco and pop singer and was the original cowboy from Village People.As of 2006, he currently lives in New York City.

He attended Enloe High School in Raleigh, North Carolina and graduated in 1970. While there, he was a founder of Enloe's Drama Club, which was then called "Amicus Scaena"; Latin for "friend of scene" or "friend of theatre".

(I think this was the closest to 'non skating' celebrity IceNetwork could find? IMHO not even a B list celebrity LOL!)