PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to My World by Johnny Weir - It's here, deal with it!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

taf2002
01-12-2011, 08:37 AM
I've been a 20+ year fan of Howard. Heard the whole interview. Howard got Johnny to talk about everything, and I do mean everything. He gave up so much private info about himself, including the length of his ...ahhh...manhood...If I posted all that was said, I would probably be banned from this site. It got pretty graphic......

His mama must be so proud.

igniculus
01-12-2011, 10:17 AM
But you would at least have a full view from Johnny's perspective. That's all you get from any writer. Especially an autobiographer.

You will never get a full view or full truth about Johnny by reading the book. Only what he, his managers and publishers thought will sell the book/is important according to them. Most of the real stuff is probably left out.

I think Johnny was overestimating his importance to the viewing public. The Olympics are a pretty big draw on their own.

This. By the end of US Nationals, the olympic tickets for the men's event were almost if not fully sold out. People did not buy them because Johnny got put on the team. :shuffle:

I wondered which Japanese chart as there are several of them and someone said it was just the amazon dance chart and it's #2 on the general mp3 chart (behind Mata Kimi ni Koishiteru which came out 2 years ago). I honestly don't think that amazon's selection of mp3s is that great, Christmas songs are still charting :blah: But I don't know, maybe it got to #1 on itunes Japan too?

I don't see Dirty Love on Oricon either. So... :blah:

Rex
01-12-2011, 10:24 AM
I don't see Dirty Love on Oricon either. So... :blah:I have heard it on Queerty.com. It's not something I'd buy. I don't think it's a good song.

neptune
01-12-2011, 10:57 AM
I think Weir's latest story about this is probably as fake as his original one. :rolleyes:

I read on Yahoo! News just a little while ago that Johnny has a second book planned. Yes, it's true. However, the difference is that he's co-writing it with another well-known skater, and it isn't really autobiographical. The tentative release date is March 16. I guess he's trying to strike while the iron is hot! (And how coincidental--right around the time of Worlds!) Anyway, according to the publisher, the book's current working title is: Johnny and Tonya's Little Book of Skating Excuses. ;)

work suspended
01-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Johnny Weir‘s debut single “Dirty Love” shot to No. 1 in Japan shortly after its worldwide release earlier today, according to Fireworks Sports Marketing

I wondered which Japanese chart as there are several of them and someone said it was just the amazon dance chart and it's #2 on the general mp3 chart (behind Mata Kimi ni Koishiteru which came out 2 years ago). I honestly don't think that amazon's selection of mp3s is that great, Christmas songs are still charting :blah: But I don't know, maybe it got to #1 on itunes Japan too?

It's a mystery, isn't it? I've just checked the Japanese iTunes chart, but I couldn't find his song among the top 200.

This is completely irrelevant, but the title of the song currently ranked top is "God in the Toilet." What kind of song is that? :rofl:

Carolla5501
01-12-2011, 01:23 PM
I think Johnny was overestimating his importance to the viewing public. The Olympics are a pretty big draw on their own.

I agree.

Don't buy Johnny's story at all or 'what Galinda heard' First Bradley's short took him off the podium in one of the top 3 spots

Second I was at Nationals... As I recall Bradley got a MUCH bigger round of applause which would have made USFSA wonder about who was the bigger draw

Third.... Johnny seems to want it both ways. One they "hate" me and won't give me anything and two they sent me to the Olympics the most coveted prize in Figure Skating. :lol: Make up your mind child!

Fourth... Figure Skating at the Olympics ALWAYS has a great rating. With or without Johnny. It's the one time Americans watch winter sports. Johnny was a lot less important to NBC then say.. Lindsay Vonn or Sean White????

And he was to "sell tickets" LOL! Folks had to buy those tickets MONTHS and MONTHS before any country said who was coming.

Someone needs to have big pin appplied to thier over inflated ego IMHO.

Johnny earned his spot on the team, but he can't even seem to realize that??? just sad IMHO

Prancer
01-12-2011, 02:20 PM
But you would at least have a full view from Johnny's perspective. That's all you get from any writer. Especially an autobiographer.

Weeeeeeellll......there are autobiographies and then there are memoirs. As writer Ariel Gore says, "A memoir is to a journalistic autobiography as a movie 'based on real life events' is to a documentary."

I would say that what we have here is more of a memoir.

Supposingly this was what Galina heard after the competition.

My very limited experience with figure skating is that you will hear all kinds of nasty things from all kinds of nasty people and only some of it is only partially true.

If I posted all that was said, I would probably be banned from this site. It got pretty graphic......

:rolleyes: Johnny said that he has a seven and a half inch penis. It's already been posted on this board in another thread. We don't ban people for posting quotations made in interviews.

Actually, I think we should have a thread on men who measure their penises.

Johnny earned his spot on the team, but he can't even seem to realize that??? just sad IMHO

ITA. I am so sorry for Johnny that his Olympics will be tarnished by this; wehther it's true or not, he believes it and that makes it true for him. :(

marbri
01-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Johnny said he heard the only reason he was put on the Olympic team was because the network and usfs knew people would tune in to see what he was wearing and saying. If people didn't care, the federation would had found a way to put Ryan Bradley on the team. Johnny also said no one from the federation showed up for his last practice even though the rules say a team doctor has to be there as well as a representative from the federation.

Hmmm. Clearly he himself was not needed to sell tickets to an Olympic figure skating event in Canada.

As for noone showing up to last practice, is he referring to last practice at the Olympics? Would he have not shared that practice with Lysacek? Are the practice groups for the FS (last practice) not based upon the SP results?

manleywoman
01-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Az for the single being #1 in japan, it is according to Fireworks Sports Marketing. Which is the name o f Tara Modlin's agency. I'd love to know where she got that figure.

Roxanne
01-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Az for the single being #1 in japan, it is according to Fireworks Sports Marketing. Which is the name o f Tara Modlin's agency. I'd love to know where she got that figure.

They just meant it's #1 on Amazon. Which doesn't mean anything.

Suezq2568
01-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Here's a YouTube link to Johnny's interview with Howard Stern. They play a clip of the song.

Warning: Graphic content and language.....but if you're interested in Johnny, it's a must listen. Right out of the box he talks about the politics of the Olympics and his sixth place finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ghq9iynxM

Willowway
01-12-2011, 03:12 PM
I listened to some of it - yet again (does it ever stop?) about how he skated the best he ever did (perhaps) and didn't get a medal as the award for that because "it's all political." I understand that it's not controversial to say "I skated the best I ever skated but it wasn't medal-worthy against the competition that night" but jeez...it's gettin' old. He didn't earn a place on the podium fair and square. Could he have been 5th and not 6th? Definitely. How long is he going to beat this particular horse? And I have to wonder if, as a reasonably smart guy, he even believes this bs himself.

antmanb
01-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Here's a YouTube link to Johnny's interview with Howard Stern. They play a clip of the song.

Warning: Graphic content and language.....but if you're interested in Johnny, it's a must listen. Right out of the box he talks about the politics of the Olympics and his sixth place finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ghq9iynxM

So he's still completely deluded! He says "The guy who won was from America, you can only have one American on the podium, the games were in North America".

So in SLC Sarah Hughes and Michelle Kwan beat the enormous Weir Konspiracy?

If he cannot even admit the reasons why he never fulfilled his potential, then he doesn't stand much chance at anything.

Ant

nylynnr
01-12-2011, 03:18 PM
How long is he going to beat this particular horse?

As long as high-profile media outlets have interest in booking him and airing the horse.

Willowway
01-12-2011, 03:21 PM
I suppose someone who doesn't understand what really happened will always be interested.