PDA

View Full Version : Italian Pair Della Monica/Kockon split and Della Monica retires

Pages : [1] 2

eleonorad
01-06-2011, 08:48 PM
As I mentioned before, pair skater Nicole Della Monica is forced to retire because of a injury. She has a chronic inflammation in her left knee and she hasn't been skating for a long time.

Art on ice.it reports that Yannick Kockon is looking for another partner.

I suppose her injury was very serious, she says she is in therapy but the results are very uncertain so she prefers to give up competitive skating.

For anyone who would like to send Nicole a message of support, feel free to pm me, I will forward them to a friend of her.

briancoogaert
01-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Oh Nooooo !
I liked them !

I have an idea, maybe Yannick can come back to France, they need good male pair skaters !

MikiAndoFan#1
01-06-2011, 09:43 PM
:wuzrobbed I liked them, too! Wishing Nicole the best and a complete recovery and Yannick good luck to find a new partner!

Cloudy_Gumdrops
01-06-2011, 09:49 PM
:( that's really too bad. I've really liked them for the last few years.

I wish her good health and a full recovery. I hope he can find himself a good partner.

Aussie Willy
01-06-2011, 09:50 PM
That is such a shame that it has to end that way. They were really talented.

wintersportnews
01-06-2011, 09:50 PM
http://www.wintersport-news.it/it_IT/3437,News.html

ryanbfan
01-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Oh noooo! Poor Nicole! I'm friends with her on facebook and she is so sweet :(

blue_idealist
01-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Maybe he can team up with Mukhortova if things with Blanchard don't work out?

Jayar
01-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Maybe he can team up with Mukhortova if things with Blanchard don't work out?

If he is going to country hop, then he should go to Australia and skate with Phoebe Di Tommaso. The age difference is right, the height differential is perfect, and they would look great together. Plus they would have a free pass to all international events provided they can earn the minimum score.

stjeaskategym
01-07-2011, 01:51 AM
:( That's too bad. I was wondering why they were withdrawing from so many competitions...Didn't know her knee problem was very serious. They didn't fit the typical pair mold, but had looked good in recent years. And it was nice to see Italy with two good pairs.

casken
01-07-2011, 02:10 AM
It's really too bad. They moved well together and had great sbs salchows and throws!

One of their nicer skates (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyX7ohXlC1M).

Hopefully he finds a new partner.

(also I don't think there is a k in his last name? :shuffle:)

sammyf
01-07-2011, 04:44 AM
also I don't think there is a k in his last name? :shuffle:)

There is, just not two. :P

Domshabfan
01-07-2011, 05:42 AM
Sad that she had to retire, i hope he finds a partner very quickly.

kwanfan1818
01-07-2011, 06:07 AM
:( I really liked them, and I'm sorry she had to quite due to injury. I hope her knee heals and that he finds another good partner.

grandma
01-09-2011, 07:00 PM
:( that's really too bad. I've really liked them for the last few years.

I wish her good health and a full recovery. I hope he can find himself a good partner.

I have an idea how about Carolina Gillespie. She has experiance and would maybe get further than with Dematte.