PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Weir comes out in People Mag (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

JerseySlore
01-07-2011, 09:15 PM
:lol: I always thought he was openly gay person. I mean he talks, dresses, acts like one, who thought he was straight? probably nobody.

I've found many of his Asian ubers have some of the worst gaydars in the world :shuffle:

Sparks
01-07-2011, 09:18 PM
:lol: I always thought he was openly gay person. I mean he talks, dresses, acts like one, who thought he was straight? probably nobody.

Stereotyping much?

nursebetty
01-07-2011, 10:38 PM
He use to seem more fun to me. Wasn't it the last olympics where we got to go shopping with him. He just appeared to be a fun, funny guy.

heo-wikki
01-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Um, I find this sentiment really disgusting. Gay men are not accessories comparable to dresses and shoes :rolleyes:

I'm sorry you find it disgusting. We (gay men) often have a harsh sense of humor. I always say I'm more like a broach, than a dress or pair of shoes.

heo-wikki
01-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Stereotyping much?

Or as the song in "Legally Blonde" the musical asks..."is he gay or European". LMAO

I often think straights are more offended for us than we are. :cool:

judiz
01-08-2011, 12:01 AM
He use to seem more fun to me. Wasn't it the last olympics where we got to go shopping with him. He just appeared to be a fun, funny guy.

And back then everyone was criticizing him for going shopping so much.

AxelAnnie
01-08-2011, 12:35 AM
Well, does anyone thinks that ANYONE at USFSA or involved in Figure Skating hadn't already figured this one out....?

Amazing he felt he needed to "come out". Most people who have heard of him would be surprised to find he was ever considered "in". I do think the book will be a good read, though.

I was surprised to find him be the articulate commentator he is. Really impressed. And people (I know) from SWTS found him to be articulate, thoughtful and wicked funny.

Aussie Willy
01-08-2011, 01:20 AM
We were lucky in Australia - we got to have his fashion wrap up of the Olympics.

BTW - the best decorating program we get is "How not to decorate" with Justin and Colin, two of the most gayest, campest Scottish interior decorators you could find. They are hilarious.

skategal
01-08-2011, 03:13 AM
BTW - the best decorating program we get is "How not to decorate" with Justin and Colin, two of the most gayest, campest Scottish interior decorators you could find. They are hilarious.

We used to get that show in Canada too. I loved it. Then later, the guys did a whole series for Canadians based on the same principles of home makeovers. One of the guys used to wear an ever-increasing larger corsage every week...it was a bit of a run-on joke :rollin:

Aussie Willy
01-08-2011, 03:43 AM
We used to get that show in Canada too. I loved it. Then later, the guys did a whole series for Canadians based on the same principles of home makeovers. One of the guys used to wear an ever-increasing larger corsage every week...it was a bit of a run-on joke :rollin:

:lol: Justin's corsages aren't already large enough?

I was telling my friends they needed them to come to their house which they just said they would probably rip the whole thing down and rebuild it.

REO
01-08-2011, 04:18 AM
I just got my copy of People. He got several pages and the full length picture in the beginning is very cute!

PeterG
01-08-2011, 06:28 AM
May I be so bold as to ask anyone who knows who "Alex" is to PM me? :)

luCN
01-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
I kinda wondered if one of the reasons for saying he'd still marry a woman was done in part to not lose his ubers. So many ubers tend to be women, and with male skaters there is often a sexual component to the ubering. Saying he'd still marry a woman could almost be like saying, "I may be gay, but you still have a chance with me." It would help prevent his ubers from losing interest.
Agree this is a strong possibility - it's worked for Adam Lambert after all.

I once thought what you said were totally a libel...but after I check some forums I think maybe you are right....I can't understand why some girls become so surprised and shocked,and someone even think it's not real or just a joke...

I once though either we love Johnny as a skater or a person ,whom he loves isn't important,but maybe I'm wrong...some girl apparently imagine him as a sex fantasy object:duh:

BTW PeterG,someone mentioned a person alike before,but I can't remember his name,just remember he's an American male pair skater,and their relationship last a long time.

luCN
01-08-2011, 08:36 AM
I just got my copy of People. He got several pages and the full length picture in the beginning is very cute!

Can you scan them?thank you!

museksk8r
01-08-2011, 12:08 PM
BTW PeterG,someone mentioned a person alike before,but I can't remember his name,just remember he's an American male pair skater,and their relationship last a long time.

Ok, that narrowed choices down considerably for me, but I wasn't aware these 2 were ever together if it is indeed who I think it is. Interesting!

I remember AJ had mentioned that person before,seems an unfamous american male pair skater?I can't remember exactly...

Oh wait, "unfamous" huh? That's like every male American pair skater, isn't it? :P Does anyone outside the skating world know American male pairs skaters? John Zimmerman is probably the most likely candidate for being known to the general public. Peter Oppegard was the last Olympic medalist. Anywho, I was going by the thinking that "Alex" was a pseudonym and the person on my mind is well known in skating circles.