PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Weir comes out in People Mag (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14

Carolla5501
01-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Well, okay -- I get that -- but wouldn't the thought of a truly fabulously decorated home outweigh those problems? (Truly, I hope scientists someday figure out what it is that lets a disproportionate number of gay guys have just amazing design sense. It pretty much ends up that my favorite interior designs/garden designs in any non-twee magazine (Not Family Circle or Victoria) ends up being the homes of some gay couple.)

You can hire them to decorate.. in the long term it's probably cheaper! :lol:

gkelly
01-07-2011, 05:44 PM
but wouldn't the thought of a truly fabulously decorated home outweigh those problems?

For some women, but not for me. Decor is not that important to me.

Honestly, not all women are the same. Not all gay men are the same. Let's celebrate diversity instead of trying to fit everybody into a handful of stereotypes.

Finnice
01-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Gaga's a woman? :EVILLE

:rofl:

:eek::eek::D
Does it matter? Sexuality and gender are not soooo important:HA!:;)

Nobody should be forced to be out, but the more GLBT people can be themselves, the better for the society:respec:

Moi lurves, Johnnee, our drama queen! May his book sell lots and lots!:drama::glamor::rockstar::cheer:

heo-wikki
01-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Well, okay -- I get that -- but wouldn't the thought of a truly fabulously decorated home outweigh those problems? (Truly, I hope scientists someday figure out what it is that lets a disproportionate number of gay guys have just amazing design sense. It pretty much ends up that my favorite interior designs/garden designs in any non-twee magazine (Not Family Circle or Victoria) ends up being the homes of some gay couple.)

That is why you have gay friends. Every woman needs at least one. You know, like a really good little black dress, THOSE pair of OMG shoes, a great winter coat...and a gay friend. Just make sure they can decorate, not all of us have that gene.

museksk8r
01-07-2011, 07:28 PM
I never realized he was "in". :shuffle:

Kathleenie
01-07-2011, 07:29 PM
All his life his closest friends and biggest supporters have been women. He had one actual relationship with "Alex" who broke his heart. Marrying a woman seems like a good option to him. I don't find that that suprising or off the wall.

He may also want to have children later on in his life.

Carolla5501
01-07-2011, 08:01 PM
That is why you have gay friends. Every woman needs at least one. You know, like a really good little black dress, THOSE pair of OMG shoes, a great winter coat...and a gay friend. Just make sure they can decorate, not all of us have that gene.

I have a couple... one of them has the gene. The other, not so much, LOL!

And then there is the one we want to put in a 12 step program for "glue gun abuse"!

OliviaPug
01-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Hmm, well no surprise. I'm sure he's "coming out" because he'll be much more marketable as an outright flamboyant gay man rather than this "ambiguous" act he's been pulling for years. So how long now before he gets a show on Bravo?

I have found absolutely nothing ambiguous about Johnny's sexuality. Not now. Not ever. If Johnny had/has an act, it's one of outrageousness, not ambiguity.

O-

_Lola_
01-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Why Johnny's confession is considered an outrageous? I mean, it's Johnny who came out not Evan =)

portia
01-07-2011, 08:23 PM

Honestly, not all women are the same. Not all gay men are the same. Let's celebrate diversity instead of trying to fit everybody into a handful of stereotypes.

Thank you for saying what needs to be said and reiterated on this thread and in society in general. I have many, many gay friends, and it frustrates me to see so many people pigeonhole or stereotype them as frivolous, decorating, fashion-loving, BFF accessories for straight women. To me and to a lot of gay people, this is insulting. All of my gay friends don't let their sexuality define who they are as people; isn't that the whole point of being respectful and accepting of various sexual identities in the first place?

WindSpirit
01-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Really ? That's what women want from a man ? :drama: Not even close.

If I ever opted for a sexless marriage (and why would I? Sex is one of the perks) to a gay man he would be nothing like Johnny Weir.

I like Johnny as a skater and I do think he's a handsome guy, but all the rest is too loud, too ridiculous, superficial and annoying.

OliviaPug
01-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Why Johnny's confession is considered an outrageous? I mean, it's Johnny who came out not Evan =)

I never EVER said that Johnny's confession is outrageous. I applaud anyone who makes the decision to come out.

What I wrote was the opposite ... that, if Johnny has an act, meaning his TV and media personality, it is one of outrageousness (crazy dress, funny, irreverent comments, etc.). Nothing to do with sexuality.

O-

dinakt
01-07-2011, 08:41 PM

If I could give you rep, I would.

hydro
01-07-2011, 08:46 PM

Um, I find this sentiment really disgusting. Gay men are not accessories comparable to dresses and shoes :rolleyes:

ks777
01-07-2011, 08:56 PM
I never realized he was "in". :shuffle:

:lol: I always thought he was openly gay person. I mean he talks, dresses, acts like one, who thought he was straight? probably nobody.