PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Weir comes out in People Mag (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

Anita18
01-12-2011, 08:51 PM
I just wish to go on record that I have nothing against heterosexuals. I have heterosexual friends. But I don't understand why they feel the constant need to flaunt their sexuality. To me, it is a private matter. I see no need to know about their sex lives or love lives or who they are kissing out of wedlock. I honestly don't have ANYTHING against heterosexuals. But sometimes it seems like their whole lives revolve around sex and the need to constantly push it into other people's faces. "Look at my wedding ring! I'm heterosexual and I married a heterosexual! We have heterosexual sex now!!" Or, "Look at my baby (and or baby pics)! It is the offspring of us heterosexuals and the heterosexual sex we constantly have!!!" Sometimes I just think there is some kind of insecurity about their sexuality that makes them flaunt themselves so! But I don't have anything against heterosexuals. Truly. I even have a heterosexual in my family.
I'm heterosexual and I feel the same way. :lol: I'm not sure if it's an insecurity about their sexuality as it is a need for some people to show off of in front of others. An insecurity about how they're living their lives, if you will. "Look, I'm engaged! My fiance really loves me, look at my big rock! Look, I'm happily married! I'm really happy! Look I have a kid! I'm living the American dream! Really, I am!" :P

And some people really are that tacky. :lol: My former roommate recently had a baby and I was :yikes: when before the birth, she was posting all the 3-D ultrasound pics on Facebook. You could already see what the kid looked like! I would be so :o if my mom had done the same thing.

Luckily I was raised to be private and not flaunt around, as were most of my friends. We do not come with tackiness, so not all heteros are that bad. :)

I kinda feel the same way sometimes re: tackiness when it comes to people who are gay as well. (Well, I live in a very gay-friendly area so I guess that's why. :lol: ) I think it's a general insecurity rampant about humanity. :lol:

agalisgv
01-12-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm heterosexual and I feel the same way. :lol: I think Peter was parodying what many say about homosexuality. Substitute homosexual for heterosexual in his post, and see if it doesn't ring some bells.

Great post btw Peter :respec:

HisWeirness
01-12-2011, 09:19 PM
I think Peter was parodying what many say about homosexuality. Substitute homosexual for heterosexual in his post, and see if it doesn't ring some bells.
Ding. Ding. Ding.

My interpretation as well, but it does kind of run both ways. The world is still very heterocentric.

Anita18
01-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Ding. Ding. Ding.

My interpretation as well, but it does kind of run both ways. The world is still very heterocentric.
Well being heterosexual is sorta the default. :o

kwanette
01-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Oh, so that explains it. I had heard once that she was on his show, and I never could understand why, as she's always been so classy and dignified.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0606900/

According to this link, Michelle Kwan was on his show.

Cosmic Connect
01-13-2011, 12:45 AM
According to this link, Michelle Kwan was on his show.

Howard Stern was on location at some awards show and Michelle Kwan was there. She wound up being interviewed. I think she may have been only 17 or 18 at the time. It was a very uncomfortable interview, made worse by the obnoxious Sarah Michelle Gellar who took every advantage of Kwan's discomfort to posture herself.

DaveRocks
01-13-2011, 12:54 AM
I don't think it really was a secret. If he had wanted to keep it under wraps due to a paralyzing fear of being outed, he wouldn't go traipsing around in makeup or high heels or feather boas. :o

Doing such things means that one is gay? :confused:

PeterG
01-13-2011, 01:07 AM
I'm heterosexual and I feel the same way. :lol: I'm not sure if it's an insecurity about their sexuality as it is a need for some people to show off of in front of others. An insecurity about how they're living their lives, if you will. "Look, I'm engaged! My fiance really loves me, look at my big rock! Look, I'm happily married! I'm really happy! Look I have a kid! I'm living the American dream! Really, I am!" :P

I was being facetious, but you have a point (from a non-facetious point of view)! As agalisgv pointed out, I was going for a parody of what some straight people say about gay people. Even here at FSU...believe it or not! :eek: ;)

But you're right, some heterosexual people try too hard. Not necessarily to be "heterosexual" but to be everything that society has told them to be. "I got the rulebook, I'm following it to the tee...right? RIGHT?" It's kinda sad in a way... :(

I think Peter was parodying what many say about homosexuality. Substitute homosexual for heterosexual in his post, and see if it doesn't ring some bells.

It was fun to write. :)

Great post btw Peter :respec:

Thank you. :D

kwanette
01-13-2011, 01:27 AM
Howard Stern was on location at some awards show and Michelle Kwan was there. She wound up being interviewed. I think she may have been only 17 or 18 at the time. It was a very uncomfortable interview, made worse by the obnoxious Sarah Michelle Gellar who took every advantage of Kwan's discomfort to posture herself.

Thanks. I just found a transcript to the interviews.

http://rasson.melanie.free.fr/smg-stern.php

Anita18
01-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Doing such things means that one is gay? :confused:
No, but you've got to be really dense to think that it wouldn't invite speculation.

LuckyCharm
01-13-2011, 01:44 AM

Really? Maybe it came across differently live, but in the transcript kwanette provided, it seems like she actually did a lot to diffuse the awkwardness.

Cosmic Connect
01-13-2011, 01:55 AM
Really? Maybe it came across differently live, but in the transcript kwanette provided, it seems like she actually did a lot to diffuse the awkwardness.

I don't know how it sounded on radio. I saw it on the E network. For about seven years before Howard Stern went to Sirius there was a television version of his radio show on E.

Gellar's body language was unreal. Every time Kwan squirmed and tried to deflect a question, Gellar jumped in and posed and postured. She was using Kwan's discomfort to her advantage every step of the way.

Coco
01-13-2011, 02:07 AM
Thanks. I just found a transcript to the interviews.

http://rasson.melanie.free.fr/smg-stern.php

In print, it's not possible to know how uncomfortable she was feeling. So in print, that interview was kind of adorable, and it's refreshing to read Michelle being spontaneous and unrehearsed.

Sparks
01-13-2011, 03:24 AM
I like you, Peter G. :D

PeterG
01-13-2011, 04:02 AM
I like you, Peter G. :D

:grope:

(And I mean that in a COMPLETELY asexual way...) :D