PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Weir comes out in People Mag (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14

Carolla5501
01-08-2011, 02:01 PM
If you scan the Weir article, I would suggest just emailing it to each other. I am not sure, but "think' that posting that on here might be a copyright violation and I would hate for the board "owners" to get in trouble. Probably would never be caught, but.... it's a risk :)

WindSpirit
01-08-2011, 08:30 PM
If you scan the Weir article, I would suggest just emailing it to each other. I am not sure, but "think' that posting that on here might be a copyright violation and I would hate for the board "owners" to get in trouble. Probably would never be caught, but.... it's a risk :) Unless it's a reasonable excerpt, posting copyrighted stuff is against the rules. PM is a good idea.

Another thing, if Johnny hasn't named the person he was involved with maybe he didn't want the masses to know? Didn't he even specifically say that? Personally I don't feel the need to get into people's private business but if any of you do, could you at least honor Johnny's wishes and do it privately? Don't ask people here to PM you with private stuff, either. You can PM them yourself.

nickythecool
01-09-2011, 01:09 AM

luCN
01-09-2011, 02:19 AM
sorry,I forgot the copyright thing.then don't scan it.I can get my copy a month later :)

and about the Alex,now I think maybe we should wait until the book is out,then we can get more details to prove the speculation is right.

Sparks
01-09-2011, 02:24 AM
Somebody please let me know who "Alex" is "privately".
I think I know who he is. But I need confirmation.
Thank you!! :)

You NEED confirmation? What's going to happen if you don't find out?
Did you not read WINDSPIRIT's post?

overedge
01-09-2011, 03:37 AM
Got the issue of PEOPLE today. To be honest I found the whole article pretty unremarkable. Every other week of PEOPLE seems to have a book excerpt or interview with some celeb "opening up" about something (troubled past, health issues, marital problems, whatever), and this was just another one of those. And if the main selling point of Johnny's book is him revealing that he's gay....that's not exactly the basis for a long term career as an author.

ETA: As an example of how common these sorts of stories are in PEOPLE, in the very same issue as Johnny is Candace Cameron Bure "opening up" about her anorexia, and she too is selling her autobiography.

victoriaheidi
01-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Honestly, even though I think the world knew Johnny was gay, he has a good point: there's been a lot of gay suicide in the US recently, so why shouldn't he make it official?

In terms of women who'd marry him, did you know that Alan Cumming has been married to at least one woman? There are a lot of different kinds of people in this world.

PS (and OT): Overedge, I am loling at your sig.

Iceman
01-09-2011, 06:58 AM
So some of you really think he came out on his own terms? I think he was about to be outed big time and decided to beat them to the punch.

Anita18
01-09-2011, 07:25 AM
So some of you really think he came out on his own terms? I think he was about to be outed big time and decided to beat them to the punch.
I don't think it really was a secret. If he had wanted to keep it under wraps due to a paralyzing fear of being outed, he wouldn't go traipsing around in makeup or high heels or feather boas. :o

What I think is that Johnny is finally as good as retired, so he decided it was time to specifically verbalize it. Maybe beforehand, he felt like he didn't want to be pigeonholed as just "that gay skater," that he wanted to do things and be known his own way .

Nomad
01-09-2011, 07:37 AM
nm.

judiz
01-09-2011, 12:39 PM

Johnny actually outed himself last year when he gave a speech at a rally for marriage rights in California and referred to himself as part of the Gay community.

heckles
01-09-2011, 08:08 PM
I think he was about to be outed big time and decided to beat them to the punch.

Nah, quite the opposite. Johnny or his reps shrewdly knew that the whole is-Johnny-gay shtick was wearing thin and people didn't really care anymore. Coming out now is a good way to sell some books.

Carolla5501
01-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Am I the only person who could care less who "Alex" was?

I also could care less who Tanith, Evan, Charlie, Michelle, Rachel, etc.. are dating. Maybe it's just me, but "teen dating" (Or college age dating for that matter) genernally turns out to be "much ado about nothng" God Forbid I had wound up staying with my high school boyfriend LOL!

PeterG
01-10-2011, 12:32 AM

I also think he was about to be outed. He feared that, BIG time. But what does it matter. I do have to admit that I was beginning to have my suspicions about Mr. Weir. I can't quite put my figure on why exactly, but it had crossed my mind once, perhaps even twice, that Johnny was not heterosexual. Mind you, this was just some wild idea in my head. And now I find that it's true!!! Wow!

Carolla5501
01-10-2011, 01:11 AM
I also think he was about to be outed. He feared that, BIG time. But what does it matter. I do have to admit that I was beginning to have my suspicions about Mr. Weir. I can't quite put my figure on why exactly, but it had crossed my mind once, perhaps even twice, that Johnny was not heterosexual. Mind you, this was just some wild idea in my head. And now I find that it's true!!! Wow!

:lol:

Glad to see you have such keen observation skills! :D