PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Zhangs - Caroline or Felicia?

Frau Muller
01-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Which young lady will end-up ahead of the other at US Nationals? Caroline or Felicia Zhang?

I'd say that Felicia has the edge right now. Lighter, more flexible, with all of the necessary jumps. Felicia's focussing on the Pairs event takes the weight of expectations off her shoulders in Singles, so I think that she'll actually do very well in Singles (between 6th and 10th place).

Squibble
01-06-2011, 03:30 PM
There's already a poll on this very subject here (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75948). However, given Caroline Zhang's most recent coaching change, maybe we should start from scratch.

Frau Muller
01-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Oops...but I agree with you. Circumstances have changed and let's keep this new one open!

ltnskater
01-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Hmmm.... what battle? :confused: :lol:

Marco
01-07-2011, 04:04 AM
Can I choose Zhang Hao?

burntBREAD
01-07-2011, 04:10 AM
Which young lady will end-up ahead of the other at US Nationals? Caroline or Felicia Zhang?

I'd say that Felicia has the edge right now. Lighter, more flexible, with all of the necessary jumps. Felicia's focussing on the Pairs event takes the weight of expectations off her shoulders in Singles, so I think that she'll actually do very well in Singles (between 6th and 10th place).

Doesn't Felicia only have a lutz (albeit a very good one), a (f)lip, and toe in her triple arsenal?

I think it'll all depend on Caroline. I don't think anyone knows what to expect from her.

SamuraiK
01-07-2011, 04:38 AM
Kexin Zhang.. Ohh and I miss Min Zhang too :)

pinky166
01-07-2011, 05:02 AM
Doesn't Felicia only have a lutz (albeit a very good one), a (f)lip, and toe in her triple arsenal?

I think it'll all depend on Caroline. I don't think anyone knows what to expect from her.

I believe Felicia has 3s as well, though I am not positive. I know she doesn't have a 3lo yet, but at this point Caroline doesn't really have a lutz, so if anything, jump wise they are about on par. Plus Felicia's 2a is much better than Caroline's.