PDA

View Full Version : Caroline Zhang changes coaches to Peter Oppegard

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]

Bogie
08-07-2011, 08:54 AM
i always like her and i like her now even more for still staying in the game. thinking of the final applause, she´s really a crowds favorite.

Yes, I was there and it was really heartwarming to hear the appreciation of the audience. Everyone knows she's had a tough go of it these last couple years, and her hard work is noticed.

smarts1
08-07-2011, 03:03 PM
I imagine she'll replace the second 2A with a 3S eventually. She often does 3S in her programs. Has she ever done a solo 3T? Not that I recall.

As a junior she did, but she got rid of that when she became a senior.

icellist
08-08-2011, 06:52 AM
i am very impressed with caroline's progress. her step sequence in later half of her FS was much faster than her usual self. the jump's have improved: good technique on the flip, she got the right edge on her lutz (IMO... don't bash me if i'm wrong, it's as much as i can see from a fuzzy spectator vid), the axel is less scratchy with slightly more flow. i really do commend her for continuously adding at least one triple lutz into her long program. Unfortunately, she needs to work on her combination jumps. She loses a lot of height on the combination jumps and the transitions don't even seem to be in the program. I wish she would do a bigger variety of spins because her current spins have been the same for the last two/three seasons. I really do not feel comfortable for caroline to do the salchow because she had horrendous technique on it at nationals and i feel like she is not confident about her triple toe. Unless the salchow at nationals was just a fluke I suggest the following jumps for her long, in no particular order:

3flip - 2loop
3loop - 2axel
(2axel or 3loop) - 2loop - 2loop
3flip
3loop or 2axel
3lutz
3sal or 3toe (whichever she dares/improves on)

what do you guys think? I think her 'tano loop on combination jumps come quite naturally and her wonky axel technique before works perfectly for combination jumps. 3loops and sometimes 3flip are def her "money jumps". Always try at least one 3lutz. and the last one is just to make her work on old jumps.

and for the love of god, please add more transitions...

Polymer Bob
08-08-2011, 06:13 PM
In this GoldenSkate article, Caroline talks a little about her current and future plans.

http://www.goldenskate.com/2011/08/2011-glacier-falls-summer-classic/

sk9tingfan
08-08-2011, 06:41 PM
In this GoldenSkate article, Caroline talks a little about her current and future plans.

http://www.goldenskate.com/2011/08/2011-glacier-falls-summer-classic/

Thanks for forwarding the link!

query5
08-08-2011, 08:00 PM
nice to see her improve in height of jumps.