PDA

View Full Version : Ladies World Junior Championsips 2000

Pages : 1 2 [3]

museksk8r
01-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Sarah wuz robbed as she has been much of her career when she has done well.

Hanna
01-08-2011, 03:18 AM
I'm very surprised by the quality of Sarah Meier's Layback spin !
It is so much better in this video than it has been since !
Overall I thought Meier was quite horrible in that vid. :yikes: Horrible posture (may have partly been the costume though) and the first 30 seconds of the program are basically crossovers.
I'm glad her overall skating quality developed immensely since those days.

all_empty
01-08-2011, 03:31 AM
I believe Tamara Dorofejev was the first lady credited with landing the 3T+3Lo. She was still landing triples at Worlds in 2003 (always preferred her to Pavuk) but couldn't pull it together that year and faded.

The commentator was Todd "nicely done" Eldredge.

Twilight1
01-08-2011, 03:40 AM
(An aside: wow, were the Canadian ladies so dire at that time that none were sent to 1996 Jr Worlds?)

Yes...the mid to late 90's were a vortex of mundane for ladies skating in Canada. After Josee retired, we really had no one that really stepped up to the plate. Jennifer, Susan, Netty were all mediocre. (Jennifer was such a great show skater though!!) If I recall correctly, Jennifer won National's with just a couple triples because Josee completed only 1 triple in 1996. (the lutz if I recall right)

I don't even know who was in the jr curcuit at the time and given I was a skating puranha at the time...that tells you something. :eek:

all_empty
01-08-2011, 03:55 AM
Another thing to note: Jenny Kirk really worked hard on basics and jump technique from 2000-05. If she competed for another country, she would be a national champion many times over.

One of my favorite Jenny performances: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vALL9h1oOmc

The opening 3Lo, in particular, is far improved.

bardtoob
01-08-2011, 04:07 AM
^ that performance is lovely :)

poths
01-08-2011, 01:14 PM
I believe Tamara Dorofejev was the first lady credited with landing the 3T+3Lo. She was still landing triples at Worlds in 2003 (always preferred her to Pavuk)

Speaking of Pavuk:

1999 Euro FP to finish 4th (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNOII9bvggY)
^^^ She was actually so good, C.O.P could not have come at a worse time for the poor girl. She got ONE fricken season before being destroyed.

Nekatiivi
01-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Pavuk's basic were just so horrid. Worst lack of knee bend ever.

SmallFairy
01-08-2011, 03:29 PM
I remember Pavuk at 2004 Euros exploding into the skating scene, on home ice, with 3,3 combos, dresses made by her mum and the slowest spins ever! She was really a fresh breath of air, ans she went for everything, the whole arena loved her!

Looking back, she was really a bit messy, but what great attack! Too bad she could not rotate those triples fully....(and learn to spin faster....)

I miss Dorofejev SO MUCH!! she had all the potential in the world! at 2000 euros she did a kick-ass FP! she's one of my lost hopes, like Mikkeline and Jenni Vähemä :(

Nomad
01-09-2011, 01:21 AM
Well, horrible basics, slow spins, and all that, Pavuk has a fair chance of winning Hungarian Nat's this year.

poths
01-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Speaking of Pavuk:

1999 Euro FP to finish 4th (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNOII9bvggY)
^^^ She was actually so good, C.O.P could not have come at a worse time for the poor girl. She got ONE fricken season before being destroyed.
Don't know why I said 1999, this is obviously 2004. Poth was 4th in 1999 ;)

Also, Pavuk just won nationals!