PDA

View Full Version : Neti pot

Pages : [1] 2 3

pat c
01-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Anyone use this? I just heard about this, this morning. (I have a code in my node so someone told me to try one).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neti_pot

oleada
01-05-2011, 05:13 PM
I've used it before. It works well when used right. I bought it at Whole Foods.

Just, fyi, never use it if you can't blow your nose. Just don't. :shuffle:

my little pony
01-05-2011, 05:20 PM
i use it from fall to spring, i've been using it for a few years. it helped my post nasal drip a lot.

pat c
01-05-2011, 05:49 PM
I've used it before. It works well when used right. I bought it at Whole Foods.

That's good to know. :) I guess I won't be trying it right now.

Wyliefan
01-05-2011, 06:25 PM
I've used it. It ain't easy! Feels a bit like drowning, in fact. But it's helped a little when I've had a bad cold.

luenatic
01-05-2011, 07:17 PM
I used it when the pollen filled the air during spring and summer. It worked great.

made_in_canada
01-05-2011, 07:56 PM
I use mine a lot. It really helps clear things out. I don't suggest you try it for the first time after a big meal though :shuffle:

Fergus
01-05-2011, 08:26 PM
I love a good sinus flush! :swoon:

Not the Neti Pot, per se, the Ayr one is one of my faves. :)

Norlite
01-05-2011, 08:35 PM
I've used a neti-pot for a couple of years now. Every morning and night.

IMO, it's a miracle worker. Cleared my years-plugged sinuses and kept them clear.And mostly cold free. I love it and will never be without it again.

And I've never felt like I was drowning, even when I first used it and had a bad sinus infection. (which I'm sure I'd had on and off for years)

Why do you say that? That's when I recommend to my friends they must try it.

oleada
01-05-2011, 08:41 PM
It might have been me, but I had one totally blocked nostril and nothing could get through and it became really painful. Then I remember reading in the manual not to use it if nostrils were really, really blocked.

Anita18
01-05-2011, 08:41 PM
My sister loves hers. Colds usually start with a stuffy nose for her, so she always goes to the neti pot when she feels her nose stuffing up.

She thought it was gross at first but her gay housemate swore by it and even took her into the bathroom to give her one-on-one instruction. :rofl:

Norlite
01-05-2011, 08:53 PM
It might have been me, but I had one totally blocked nostril and nothing could get through and it became really painful. Then I remember reading in the manual not to use it if nostrils were really, really blocked.

When I first used it, I had the worst sinus headache I had ever had in my life. But I had read from many sources to give it a week. I didn't need a week. After 2 or 3 days I started to feel better, great in fact. I could breathe deeper than I had in probably my entire adult life. I seriously had no idea that I could breathe that deeply back into my nose.

I think I'd had infected sinuses for years. Every time I had dental xrays, every couple years, my dentist would tell me I had a sinus infection, give me antibiotics which I would finish, and go on with my life thinking all was better. I now think it never really cleared up, and that headache I had for the first day or so was all the infection being washed away (although I saw nothing gross flush out, in case anyone is wondering :yikes: )

Now my colds are so mild I barely notice, my headaches are very rare, I can breathe deeply like nobody's business, and I even think my eyes get puffy less.

*shrug* Works for me.

oleada
01-05-2011, 08:55 PM
I might need to try it again, then. I have constant sinus issues.

luenatic
01-05-2011, 08:58 PM
And the great thing about the neti pot is 'drug free'. You don't have to take all these pills for various colds and sinus problems. Please do it in the bathroom sink, not your kitchen sink. There are many Youtube videos showing you how to do it right (or wrong). :lol:

Reuven
01-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Maybe merge this thread with the Snotty Kitty thread?
OK, I’ll go quietly. :slinkaway