PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Nobuo Sato about Mao and Kozuka after Japanese Nationals 2010

Pages : 1 2 [3]

loulou
01-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Welcome back to FSU, Okami!
It's been long since you post here last. We missed you!

I second that.

-- BTW, it was pretty cheap for Arutunian to say he wouldn't fix Asada's flutz because it's supposedly unfair to change rules along the skater's career. Really: if you are afraid to fail, or if you don't know where to begin, then pick a new job, not an excuse.

C_T_T_
01-14-2011, 01:41 PM
-- BTW, it was pretty cheap for Arutunian to say he wouldn't fix Asada's flutz because it's supposedly unfair to change rules along the skater's career. Really: if you are afraid to fail, or if you don't know where to begin, then pick a new job, not an excuse.

IIRC correctly Arutunian said he wouldn't fix her flutz during the season. By the following summer she was no longer wit him. He had fixed her toe axel by that stage already so I don't think it fair to say he doesn't know where to begin to fix technique.

stillalive
01-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Welcome back to FSU, Okami!
It's been long since you post here last. We missed you!

I third it ;)

loulou
01-14-2011, 11:42 PM
IIRC correctly Arutunian said he wouldn't fix her flutz during the season. By the following summer she was no longer wit him. He had fixed her toe axel by that stage already so I don't think it fair to say he doesn't know where to begin to fix technique.

During the previous off season (Asada was already with RA), Mao was training and I was there. Coaches and skating people were whispering around that Asada was going to be in trouble for her flaws and that her coach wasn't addressing them.

robinhood
01-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the very technical answers about her improvements of the jumps, yukster, bibi and Okami!!