PDA

View Full Version : US Nationals TV Schedule

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

lamarenee
01-29-2011, 04:16 PM
I think we should all be happy skating is on at all on NBC this weekend. Yes. And no football playoffs opposite the coverage. Might help a tiny bit with ratings?

Frau Muller
01-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Excellent news, Cyn! Thank you for the effort.

Alas, it looks like penultimate groups may be chacked.

skatesindreams
01-29-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm grateful for the coverage we get, from all sources.
Would you rather see nothing?

Frau Muller
01-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Sure, we're grateful but it, without the greed of USFS/NBC, it could be -- as it was in recent past years -- much, much better. Why should we the fans aspire to anything less?

So no penultimates, means:

PAIRS - So we most likely won't be seeing the penultimate group live - Davis/Lefthris, Vise/Baldwin & Castelli/Schnapir.

Also, "Mr Bright" (IN announcer guy) just said that only the first 6 "Dance Pairs" will be shown live on IN @ 12:45pm EST. So now we know that the breakdown for Dance FD is 3-3-4-5 or 3-3-5-4 (but this latter sequence would chack Chock/Zurlein -- a "Chock Chack" would be an ultimate insult so I pray it doesn't happen!)....and that means, most likely, nobody except the arena audience seeing the great teams in the penultimate group of Dance: Cannuscio/Lorello, Tibbetts/Brubaker, Wingle/McKernan and Zuber/Herring.

Yes, we are grateful for bones thrown. We just don't have to 'kiss their arse' for their contrived schedules, all for profit$. Why should anyone settle for less-than-before?

p.s. Schedule for Dance accellerated...started 12:20pm....more than 3 teams in Gp 1...heaven knows what's happening. I give up guessing.

aka_gerbil
01-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Is there anyone else living in an area with a NBC affiliate that will not be showing any of the final pairs and dance groups? My local yokels will be showing basketball instead. I understand that b-ball is very popular here, but I'd be happy if they'd just show the coverage sometime. Even if it were overnight, I could record it. I'm in an area where reliable, high-speed internet that doesn't have a data limit cap on it is not really so muchly so available at a resonable price, so IceNetwork isn't an option for me. Universal Sports isn't available here yet either. I'm basically kind of screwed on getting to see any of it. :(

Spiralgraph
01-29-2011, 05:38 PM
This may not help you aka gerbil but perhaps if you call your NBC affiliate to ask if they will show the skating later on? Sometimes the local station will show a network program they preempted in the middle of the night.
I know that's still a crappy way to do things but if you have a VCR or DVD recorder it's better than nothing.

RD
01-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Yes. And no football playoffs opposite the coverage. Might help a tiny bit with ratings?

Well, there is the Pro Bowl tomorrow on Fox that will likely compete with the Men's FS

RD
01-29-2011, 05:53 PM
This may not help you aka gerbil but perhaps if you call your NBC affiliate to ask if they will show the skating later on? Sometimes the local station will show a network program they preempted in the middle of the night.

Yes, that's what the Houston affiliate did in 2009. Pre-empted the prime time coverage with some singing special, then showed it later (in SD, grrr) during the overnight hours.

aka_gerbil
01-29-2011, 06:01 PM
I know that's still a crappy way to do things but if you have a VCR or DVD recorder it's better than nothing.

I just called them. I learned that they don't have any of the people who work in programming in during the weekend. *sigh* I think I'm going to have to call my best friend and see if it will be on in her area.

DickButtonFan
01-29-2011, 06:04 PM
One thing I would like to see change is for the nationals winners to be announced on the news. Every time a football team wins you hear it the next day on the morning news but skating and gymnastics don't get the same respect. Hope that someday changes.

genevieve
01-29-2011, 06:15 PM
I am pretty sure the West Coast is not getting any of the "live" coverage live :mad: so if anyone knows of an East Coast feed, it would be greatly appreciated :saint:

skatesindreams
01-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Here's one to try for this weekend, from one of the TV threads:

http://www.tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=2185

julieann
01-30-2011, 09:02 PM
The US Nationals is on NBC right now (2:00 MST) mens long program I think.