PDA

View Full Version : Miki Ando's triple-triple combinations video

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

ks777
01-05-2011, 04:04 AM
That doesnt mean I am denying Miki is a very strong jumper. I just dont consider her the best, especialy not when all the best skaters are active and skating well. And I dont have to consider her the best, especialy when she hasnt been doing the triple-triples regularly for years, just because a few of her apparently sad and obsessive fans (especialy that ks777 looney) whine I dont. :lol:

I am started to think you are a lonely man who can't stand it when people disagree with you. :rofl:

judgejudy27
01-05-2011, 04:13 AM
I am started to think you are a lonely man who can't stand it when people disagree with you. :rofl:

Talking to yourself in 3rd person too now I see. What a sad loser you are. :lol:

ks777
01-05-2011, 04:14 AM
Talking to yourself in 3rd person too now I see. What a sad loser you are. :lol:

I never believed you are a woman, not once.
what's up with all the name calling when people don't agree with you? It shows your age.

MikiAndoFan#1
01-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Thank you for help! :D

:) You're very welcome.

pinky166
01-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I guess I just find Miki's jumps much bigger and higher than Mao's jumps, even though Mao oftentimes executes more difficult jumps than Miki.

poths
01-05-2011, 07:20 PM
People seriously under estimate what Ando has done for the sport. She has to be the only lady ever to have a tacked a triple loop on to all triples up to a lutz, in competition. I know Arakawa was a bit of a junior jumping bean, but IMHO Ando started this 3/3 craze and showed that it didn't have to be 3toe/3toe. She has clearly landed the quad salchow (rotated) and has managed to survive the sport for nearly a decade.

oleada
01-05-2011, 07:24 PM
People seriously under estimate what Ando has done for the sport. She has to be the only lady ever to have a tacked a triple loop on to all triples up to a lutz, in competition. I know Arakawa was a bit of a junior jumping bean, but IMHO Ando started this 3/3 craze and showed that it didn't have to be 3toe/3toe. She has clearly landed the quad salchow (rotated) and has managed to survive the sport for nearly a decade.

This! :respec:

ks777
01-05-2011, 08:29 PM

Thank you:)

bartek
01-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Thank you:)

We should also remeber that Miki is still able to consistantly land ALL kind of triples in competitions, while both Mao and Yu-Na are not. Mao doesn't do lutz and sal (well, she's been doing them this season but rather unsuccesfully) and Yu-Na dosn't do the loop. And this is why neither Yu-Na nor Mao will never be best jumpers for me. IMO to pretend for opinion of the best jumper you have to master all kind triples and CONSISTANTLY execute them in competitions. That's why I consider the best jumpers Midori Ito and Irina Slutskaya. Of course height, speed, flow are very important as well...

bartek
01-05-2011, 09:57 PM
:) You're very welcome.

Can you tell me what competition it is?

miki88
01-05-2011, 10:01 PM
We should also remeber that Miki is still able to consistantly land ALL kind of triples in competitions, while both Mao and Yu-Na are not. Mao doesn't do lutz and sal (well, she's been doing them this season but rather unsuccesfully) and Yu-Na dosn't do the loop. And this is why neither Yu-Na nor Mao will never be best jumpers for me. IMO to pretend for opinion of the best jumper you have to master all kind triples and CONSISTANTLY execute them in competitions. That's why I consider the best jumpers Midori Ito and Irina Slutskaya. Of course height, speed, flow are very important as well...

Well if you go by that logic, then shouldn't you count Rochette as one of the best as well? She consistently does all of the triples and I think her jumps are of better quality than Miki's as of now. Also, ever since Miki fixed her lip, her flip hasn't been that stable. She has been omitting this jump in her LPs recently. Btw, Mao has been rather successful with her sal so far this season. She has only doubled the jump once in competition (at nationals).

kia_4EverOnIce
01-05-2011, 10:02 PM

:respec:

bartek
01-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Well if you go by that logic, then shouldn't you count Rochette as one of the best as well? She consistently does all of the triples and I think her jumps are of better quality than Miki's as of now. Also, ever since Miki fixed her lip, her flip hasn't been that stable. She has been omitting this jump in her LPs recently. Btw, Mao has been rather successful with her sal so far this season. She has only doubled the jump once in competition (at nationals).

No because Rochette doesn't have a triple-triple. But I really admire her ability to pull off seven triple programs with full set of triples, additionally her height and flow are quite good. But Miki, Irina or Midori beside their all triples consistantly landed in competitions have very difficult triple-triples, Midori even her famous triple axel. Irina and Midori are also superior to Miki, Mao, Joannie and even Yu-Na in terms of heigt, look at Irina's lutz or Midori's axel! The only thing Yu-Na lacks to be the second best jumper after Midori is triple loop.

MikiAndoFan#1
01-05-2011, 10:49 PM

Hallelujah! :respec:

MikiAndoFan#1
01-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Can you tell me what competition it is?

I think it's from the 2002 Japanese Nationals. :)