PDA

View Full Version : Thousands of Birds and Fish dead in Arkansas

Pages : [1] 2 3

Carmen Ovsiannikov
01-03-2011, 10:41 PM
The first weird and creepy story of the year..... :eek: The birds actually made me think of Flash Forward.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/02/dead-birds-fall-from-sky-akansas_n_803358.html

MikiAndoFan#1
01-03-2011, 11:00 PM
:eek: This is so strange. Poor birds. :(

Sassafras
01-03-2011, 11:19 PM
The birds actually made me think of Flash Forward.[/url]

That was the first thing I thought:eek:

BigB08822
01-03-2011, 11:55 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/03/arkansas.falling.birds/index.html?hpt=T2

It appears the birds died of trauma. I am guessing a hail storm is to blame as that would also have killed any fish that were close to the surface. It also reminded me of Flash Forward.

Auntie
01-04-2011, 12:07 AM
Very weird.

I'm still ticked about the crappy Flash Forward ending.

skatemommy
01-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Why didn't anyone on the ground get hurt from hail?

Buzz
01-04-2011, 04:13 AM
Very weird.

I'm still ticked about the crappy Flash Forward ending.

WORD!!!!!!!

Aussie Willy
01-04-2011, 05:00 AM
Why didn't anyone on the ground get hurt from hail?

They were protected from the birds.

Andrushka
01-04-2011, 05:07 AM
That was a severe weather day for Arkansas with 3 deaths in the state from a long track tornado before dawn,then most of the state was under a Tornado watch for the entire day-night.And where there are tornado risks there is usually hail.

rfisher
01-04-2011, 01:06 PM
That was a severe weather day for Arkansas with 3 deaths in the state from a long track tornado before dawn,then most of the state was under a Tornado watch for the entire day-night.And where there are tornado risks there is usually hail.

I was watching some of the next day coverage and kept laughing when the onsite reporter kept referring to Cincinnati, OH and the studio anchor kept trying to correct her that she was in Cincinnati, AR where the tornado did quite a lot of damage.

Satellitegirl
01-04-2011, 02:14 PM
I looked at a map, and the two occurrences were about 50 miles apart it looked like. I was wondering if the birds ate the fish and died. Who knows. Very strange.

BaileyCatts
01-04-2011, 02:22 PM
In my newspaper today, on page 2 is a big story about how the world is gonna end on May 21 this year .... and on page 3 is a big story about thousands of birds droppin' dead from the sky and thousands of fishies floatin' dead in the river. Coincidence? he he. :P

Andrushka
01-04-2011, 02:59 PM
I was watching some of the next day coverage and kept laughing when the onsite reporter kept referring to Cincinnati, OH and the studio anchor kept trying to correct her that she was in Cincinnati, AR where the tornado did quite a lot of damage.

Yes,I found that quite amusing as well.I think alot of news reports sounded pretty confused the next day lol At one point on the Weather Channel they zoomed in on Ohio and I turned to someone and said "Wasn't that tornado in Arkansas?" and then they went back down to Arkansas.lol

I personally blame the strange deaths on the weather,it could've been lightening or hail that night.I was in Memphis and it was lightening like crazy and the wind was pretty bad.One zap of lightening could've killed all those birds at once,same with the fish. I don't buy into the end of days stuff.

skatemommy
01-04-2011, 03:09 PM
The news today said the birds had severe hemorrages and internal trauma and also that there were fireworks being lit. If a severe downdraft can take an airliner out of the sky, it could cause this kind of damage in a flock of birds. No theory on the fish...

moojja
01-04-2011, 04:32 PM
The news today said the birds had severe hemorrages and internal trauma and also that there were fireworks being lit. If a severe downdraft can take an airliner out of the sky, it could cause this kind of damage in a flock of birds. No theory on the fish...

I read it was only one specie of fish, so it seems unlikely to be hail or fireworks in the lake, then different fishes from different species would be dead. It is strange and disturbing.