PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Bradley will make his season debut at US Nationals

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Allisanna
01-04-2011, 02:44 AM
I really hope he does well, at least good enough to skate in the final group.

It's a long shot, but a podium/world team of Abbott, Rippon, Bradley in any order would be pretty sweet.

That's my dream podium too.

Karpenko
01-04-2011, 02:50 AM
Ryan winning nationals would be pretty freakin sweet :)

jjane45
01-04-2011, 04:27 AM
Go Ryan! Tons of charisma :)

paskatefan
01-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Thrilled to hear that Ryan will be at US Nationals! :D

aliceanne
01-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Hurray!:watch:

LilJen
01-04-2011, 08:48 PM
So what is Ryan's current status w/ Tom Zzzzzzz? On a "break"? Done?

I wondered this too. "Just didn't have time for him" seems like Tom Z would rather spend his time with "up and coming" skaters versus someone in their late 20s. Never mind that Ryan's been a loyal student of his for yeeeeeeears :rolleyes:

I think no other skater has as much fun entertaining/performing as Ryan does.

Jenna
01-04-2011, 09:20 PM
I just have a good feeling about Ryan. I really think (and hope) this is his time. He was always in the shadows of Evan and Johnny, and now is his time to establish himself as top US man.

genevieve
01-04-2011, 09:24 PM
I wondered this too. "Just didn't have time for him" seems like Tom Z would rather spend his time with "up and coming" skaters versus someone in their late 20s. Never mind that Ryan's been a loyal student of his for yeeeeeeears :rolleyes:

I took it to mean Ryan had to take a substantial amount of time off due to his injury (and possibly contemplating whether to continue or not), and so Tom Z did not hold a slot open for him for the season - I would assume this was discussed between the two of them. That seems far more likely than Tom Z dumping a long term client who just missed making the Oly team, even if he is in his mid-20s.

Might aslo have been Ryan's decision in terms of $$$ - I imagine his sister is a more economical choice for coaching, and if he didn't know how long he'd be out or whether he wanted to continue competing, it makes sense.

reese
01-04-2011, 09:31 PM
I took it to mean Ryan had to take a substantial amount of time off due to his injury (and possibly contemplating whether to continue or not), and so Tom Z did not hold a slot open for him for the season - I would assume this was discussed between the two of them. That seems far more likely than Tom Z dumping a long term client who just missed making the Oly team, even if he is in his mid-20s.

Might aslo have been Ryan's decision in terms of $$$ - I imagine his sister is a more economical choice for coaching, and if he didn't know how long he'd be out or whether he wanted to continue competing, it makes sense.

Well, I think it's possible to read a little more between the lines than that. Various posters here and elsewhere have commented on the somewhat strained relationship between Tom Z and Ryan over the last few years, especially because Tom seemed particularly excited about his younger pupils, namely Mroz. Even if Ryan had barely been training with Tom this year, it would still be likely/possible in a healthy relationship that Tom would stand-in as a coach/familiar face/moral support for Ryan at Nationals even if they haven't had a lot of on-ice time together in recent months.

Lacey
01-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Are there any tickets left?

Wyliefan
01-04-2011, 09:42 PM
It's a long shot, but a podium/world team of Abbott, Rippon, Bradley in any order would be pretty sweet.

Sounds good to me! :cheer2:

DORISPULASKI
01-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Ice network has an interview with Ryan up-he says his LP will be the same as last year's, since he didn't have time to get a new LP, and the SP will be the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy number he did in the Boitano Show.

skatesindreams
01-05-2011, 04:49 PM
I won't mind seeing that LP again!

DORISPULASKI
01-05-2011, 04:51 PM
I've definitely wanted to see it live, which I never did, and now I get a chance to!

Plus Ryan looked in pretty good shape at the Boitano show-doing a 4t, even a bit underrotated, in some very complex show lighting is quite the thing. He did the waxelled 2A rather than the 3A though :(

I think the show is up icenetwork, if you didn't catch it the first time.?

genevieve
01-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Well, I think it's possible to read a little more between the lines than that. Various posters here and elsewhere have commented on the somewhat strained relationship between Tom Z and Ryan over the last few years, especially because Tom seemed particularly excited about his younger pupils, namely Mroz. Even if Ryan had barely been training with Tom this year, it would still be likely/possible in a healthy relationship that Tom would stand-in as a coach/familiar face/moral support for Ryan at Nationals even if they haven't had a lot of on-ice time together in recent months.
Ah, I hadn't read any threads that suggested a strain between them.