Pages : 1 [2]

Carolla5501
01-04-2011, 11:54 PM
What is the point of heels? :rolleyes:

Got your attention didn't it...

We have the "point" ATTENTION LOL!

marbri
01-04-2011, 11:57 PM
It is normal for one to get a book tour? I guess I'm just surprised his book is generating this much attention.

Isn't the book tour to generate interest? I imagine with the tour you would sell books to people who otherwise wouldn't bother to pick it up.

Carolla5501
01-05-2011, 03:30 AM
I have seen "book tours" for books that never went anywhere. Some of your top authors never do tours.... just depends.

REO
01-05-2011, 04:14 AM
I guess really popular authors don't need to tour. People wait for their next book. A first timer or someone like Johnny needs to tour. He's also hitting many of the talk shows to bring attention to his book (and his song). I definitely want to read it. He's always said he will name names in his book and I was all for that. I have a feeling he semi sold me out, though I know at least one person contacted him and asked for a pseudonym. I guess I shall see in a few days. lol

overedge
01-05-2011, 06:09 AM
It is normal for one to get a book tour? I guess I'm just surprised his book is generating this much attention.

I wouldn't say it's generating attention until we see how many people show up at the signings - and how many books get sold.

I also hope that Johnny realizes that publicizing a book through interviews and signings has its moments, but can also be really tedious and unglamorous....

luCN
01-05-2011, 07:42 AM
oh,I really hope next time I can see something about him relate to skating...

hope the book contain more intersting things,not too much personal life or sex as some artical once said...

and please please stop trying the music things,unless you can find a better songwriter and prodector...

judiz
01-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Book tours are not that unusual, even well known authors like Mary Higgins Clark, James Patterson and Stephanie Evanovich do book tours. It's a way for them to meet their readers and introduce their books to a new audience. When Stephanie Evanovich appeared at the Paramus Barnes and Nobles, there had to be over 200 people on line to meet her.

overedge
01-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Book tours are not that unusual, even well known authors like Mary Higgins Clark, James Patterson and Stephanie Evanovich do book tours. It's a way for them to meet their readers and introduce their books to a new audience. When Stephanie Evanovich appeared at the Paramus Barnes and Nobles, there had to be over 200 people on line to meet her.

I think you mean Janet Evanovich. Stephanie Plum is the lead character in her books.

And I have seen a number of well-publicized signings at my local book store where authors were sitting there twiddling their thumbs and hoping that someone would come up and talk to them. I don't doubt that well known authors don't have any problems getting people to their signings; cooks also do pretty well at signings, even not-really-famous cooks, if they cook something and share it as well as signing books. But newer authors don't have that guaranteed audience.

Carolla5501
01-05-2011, 09:01 PM
I know... I find it very difficult to walk past those poor authors who now one wants to deal with. But the last time I stopped the poor guy's book was one of the worst things ever written so I am leary of them now!

Spartacus
01-05-2011, 10:37 PM
I wish I was there!

Did you all know Johnny was also on The Fashion Show!
Here's a screen cap of the 2-Time Olympic Champion! :D
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1903/johnnyp.png

REO
01-06-2011, 05:01 AM
I watched that. Yeah that was a suprise! LOL I think they put that banner up twice but when Isaac introduced him he said two time Olympian, not champion.
Boy that one designer is a bastid isn't he?!!!