PDA

View Full Version : Early Coaching Change Predictions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

arakwafan2006
01-01-2011, 05:14 AM
In the offseason, there is always a slew of skaters going to new situations. What do you predict for next year?

Men- Patrick Chan and Brandon Mroz

Women- kanako Murakumi and Rachel Flatt and Elene Gedevanishvili if she ever hopes to get back on top.

Dance-Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO to Linichuk as all other top Alexei Gorshkov teams have and perhaps Vanessa Crone and Paul Poirier

Pairs-Evora Ladwig should consider it and Vera Bazarova & Yuri Larionov to Moskvina.

These are predictions and suggestions.

Going out on a limb, here are coaching changes that i know will never happen but in my dreams:

Ladies-Miki Ando should leave Morozov. I would have thought that a dance coach would stress the importance of speed, flow and positions but Miki's weaknesses are just as glaring as they always have been. He did add a lot to her career but it scares me when improvement is not constant.

Men-If evan hangs around, I think that a change might help him not look so stale.

Dance- Dare i say it but i wonder what Meryl and Charlie would look like if they worked with Muriel Boucher Zazoui and Romain Haguenauer.

Pairs- This will never happen but Aliona and Robin with Richard Gauthier with marina Zoueva doing the programs...

Happy New Year BTW

pinky166
01-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Ladies:
Flatt, Gilles, Zawadzki (hopefully), Kanako

Men:
Dornbrush (I feel like Gambil coaches mostly younger kids), Ten, Brezina, Joubert

burntBREAD
01-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Ladies:
Flatt, Gilles, Zawadzki (hopefully), Kanako

Men:
Dornbrush (I feel like Gambil coaches mostly younger kids), Ten, Brezina, Joubert

I agree with the ladies (except maybe Flatt who seems awfully close to Tom Z). I would maybe add in Wagner, possibly even Imai (maybe both Murakami and Imai will go out of Japan to find coaches, Murakami not likely since she is still in high school but Imai will be graduating, right?), and while Lafuente is obviously doing better and better every year, I think a coach like Aratunian would do her wonders.

For the men, Dornbush has been with Gambill for such a ridiculously long time (12 years) so it's doubtful he'd leave especially after the success he's had so far. For Ten, it'll all depend on how he does later in the season. Brezina I agree, and Joubert...will he keep competing? I think Chan will change coaches.

Yukari Lepisto
01-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Why do you guys think Kanako will change coach? She is making improvements every year and she seems happy with current coach?

victoriaheidi
01-01-2011, 09:23 AM
I agree with the ladies (except maybe Flatt who seems awfully close to Tom Z).

But she'll need to do SOMETHING to go to Stanford. It may be a weekend arrangement or something, but if she plans on competing, she's going to need a new, full-time coach.

Also, as much as I want to see Gilles move elsewhere, I don't see any indication that she will.

Autumn_girl
01-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Dance-Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO to Linichuk as all other top Alexei Gorshkov teams have and perhaps Vanessa Crone and Paul Poirier

Riazanova will never agree to skate in the same group with her previous partner, Guerreiro. Pushkash/Guerreiro first wanted to go to Gorshkov before they moved to Linichuk, but Riazanova said she will leave if this happen, so Gorshkov refused to take them.

Vera Bazarova & Yuri Larionov to Moskvina.

I doubt Moskvina will take them. No way when K/S are still around and Gerboldt/Enbert look so promising.

MikiAndoFan#1
01-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Ladies-Miki Ando should leave Morozov. I would have thought that a dance coach would stress the importance of speed, flow and positions but Miki's weaknesses are just as glaring as they always have been. He did add a lot to her career but it scares me when improvement is not constant.

I also doubt Miki will leave Nikolai. I hope she gets a new coreographer, though. I really like Miki's programs when she was coached by Nobuo Sato, so maybe she could go back to whoever coreographed her programs back then.

DivaOnIce
01-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Riazanova will never agree to skate in the same group with her previous partner, Guerreiro. Pushkash/Guerreiro first wanted to go to Gorshkov before they moved to Linichuk, but Riazanova said she will leave if this happen, so Gorshkov refused to take them.

Are Riazanova and Guerreiro on bad terms or why didn't she want to skate in the same group with him?

Domshabfan
01-01-2011, 04:58 PM

I doubt Moskvina will take them. No way when K/S are still around and Gerboldt/Enbert look so promising.

Isn't Alla Shekhovtsova got something to do with the skate school they are skating, so may be she won't force them to move. on top of that, result from Dom and shab where not want russian fed wanted.

ks777
01-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Kanako is very close to her coach so I don't know if she ever leave her. As for Miki, I don't think she will leave Morozov unless they break up.

chipso1
01-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Why do you guys think Kanako will change coach? She is making improvements every year and she seems happy with current coach?

Kanako has some serious technical issues that I'm not sure Yamada is prepared/willing to fix.

mia joy
01-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Dance- Dare i say it but i wonder what Meryl and Charlie would look like if they worked with Muriel Boucher Zazoui and Romain Haguenauer.

I would LOVE to see that. Zazoui and Haguenauer's dances are usually either original and voidy or just classically beautiful and elegant. I don't think there's much more that Zoueva and Shpilband can do for them. Apart from the crazy lifts. And plus, I think they'll be considered number 2 on this team as long ad Tessa and Scott are there. I'd be very curious to see what Meryl and Charlie could do with different coaches. It will NEVER happen, though. They're strongly bond to their country, university and overall environment, I don't ever see them coming to Europe for training, especially that they've achieved so much under Zoueva and Shpilband.

chipso1
01-01-2011, 05:26 PM

As long as Meryl and Charlie are students at Michigan, they aren't leaving the country to train...

Autumn_girl
01-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Are Riazanova and Guerreiro on bad terms or why didn't she want to skate in the same group with him?

Rumors says that Jonathan is very difficult to work with and has a bad tempter, so the atmosphere in the group where he skated with Riazanova wasn't good. That's why she didn't want to skate in the same group with him again

Isn't Alla Shekhovtsova got something to do with the skate school they are skating, so may be she won't force them to move. on top of that, result from Dom and shab where not want russian fed wanted.
Yes, she is related to that school, but when DomShabs left Gorshkov, Administration of Odintsovo (where Gorshkov's school is) even gave them financial support

reese
01-01-2011, 06:10 PM
I'll be really interested to see what happens with Meryl/Charlie *if* Tessa/Scott somehow comeback and beat them at Worlds in March. I've thought for 2 years now that Meryl/Charlie should get out of that ice dance factory in Canton and that BFF thing they have going with Tessa/Scott seems unsustainable, especially if Meryl/Charlie keep coming second to Tessa/Scott over the next year or two. But we'll see! They've never moved away from home to train and it seems unlikely they would leave the University of Michigan anytime soon (although they both are still a long way away from graduating, credit-wise).

When is Amanda Dobbs going to leave Meno/Sand? (I LOVE Meno/Sand, I just think she'll want a bigger name.) And when is she going to realize she's exclusively a pair skater and team up with Drew Meekins?