PDA

View Full Version : So, What Are You Doing Tonight...?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

skategal
12-31-2010, 11:29 PM
Watching the World Junior Hockey Game with Mr. Skate (GO CANADA!!)

Making appy's and boozy drinks for dinner, then probably watch a movie.

Also watching some of the US college football bowl games.

Rex
12-31-2010, 11:43 PM
So far I've watched Stella Dallas, Humoresque, The Snows of Kiliminjaro. Although it's depressing as hell, I think I'm watching Testament next. Haven't seen it in a while.

AliasJohnDoe
12-31-2010, 11:48 PM
Went to mom and dads for dinner. Had fish, scallops, shrimp, mozzarella sticks and twice baked potatoes. Lots of Wine. Going home to spend the rest of the night watching a "Dr.Who" marathon on BBC with my ganja. :smokin:

bobalina77
12-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Working till 10 and then heading to family friend's for the last couple of hours. This will be our last New Years as a kidless couple.. seems like we should be whooping it up or something. Although it's not like we've done that any other year lol!

Happy New Year everyone.. hope 2011 brings great things to all :)

numbers123
12-31-2010, 11:57 PM
We generally go to friend's house with 4 couples we went to high school with. They all went on a cruise - asked us, but finances just didn't allow it.
So we are staying in, with some wine & munchies. Watch football, the ball drop in Time Square with either Carson Daly or the ABC show, kiss at midnight and remind ourselves how fortunate we are to have each other in our lives for the past 40 years. 3 years dating and 37 years married.

meggonzo
01-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Trying to decide what to do... I was supposed to hang out with my cousin but she cancelled because she is having a bad week. Got a last minute invite today to hang out with another friend at her house, but it's a half hour drive and it has been sleeting this afternoon so I'm not sure if I want to make the drive there and back. I've had a sore throat all week, so right now Nyquil and going to bed early is looking like the best option!

emason
01-01-2011, 12:08 AM
I hung out with and had lunch with two friends this afternoon. Now I am home for a quiet peaceful evening on my own. I plan to read a book or listen to my favorite opera CD. A happy and healthy New Year to all.

Rex
01-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Watching Humoresque makes me want to listen to Dvorak....I'm putting the movies on mute for now...love a night where I can do this w/o interruption.

Bonita
01-01-2011, 12:44 AM
So we are staying in, with some wine & munchies. Watch football, the ball drop in Time Square with either Carson Daly or the ABC show, kiss at midnight and remind ourselves how fortunate we are to have each other in our lives for the past 40 years. 3 years dating and 37 years married.

Awe, if this was Facebook, I'd hit LIKE! Great to see a long-time married couple these days. Sadly, it was the norm when I was growing up (70s), no longer! Have a great one.

mysticchic
01-01-2011, 12:51 AM
I was going to go out and see The Romantics play an outdoor concert with the Gin Blossoms, but it's going to rain and I can't afford to get sick. Plus I see those guys all the time. So I'm staying in. I spent my younger years bartending and DJing for 15 years.

eusebius
01-01-2011, 12:58 AM
Home with the family, husband is making steak dinner, Australian shiraz, then watching silly New Year's Eve shows with my daughter. The Canadian channel MuchMoreMusic has a fantastic Retro Dance Party every year with 70s, 80s and 90s cheesy videos. :cheer2:

Aceon6
01-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Hubby and I just polished off some lobster with bubbly. Had a Blanc de Noir that was just sweet enough to compliment the shellfish. Settling in for some Twilight Zone marathon. It's unlikely we'll stay up to see the ball drop in Times Square. Happy 2011 everyone.

PAskate
01-01-2011, 01:28 AM
Went out for a movie this afternoon - True Grit which I highly recommend. Dinner was takeout Chinese :) with sparkling cider. Now I'm watching marathon of last season's Next Food Network Star.

Moto Guzzi
01-01-2011, 01:34 AM
My sister's friend invited me over to drink champagne and eat snacks. I haven't decided whether I'll go, though. I woke up this morning with vertigo and still don't feel completely well. I may just go to bed and hope I feel better in the morning. I'm having breakfast with friends tomorrow morning and going to a party that evening and don't want to feel like crap.

Holley Calmes
01-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Just spent a couple of very hectic days driving from North Georgia to New Jersey. Our car blew the water pump, which destroyed the main belt, which ruined the fan. This was 3 hours into a 12 hour trip yesterday morning east of Asheville, NC. So, we called a tow truck and had the pleasure of meeting "Bobby," a VERY rustic 40-ish gentleman and truck driver extraordinaire who, though rough around the edges to say the least, turned out to be a Prince and saved our butt.

After renting another car because the Winston Salem BMW shop didn't have old enough parts for our ancient chariot, we finally arrived this morning in Cherry Hill. I've spent a raucious day with the two most gorgeous grandsons in the world, and I am whipped but extremely happy. Looking forward to two more days of playing with tiny little cars and watching "Cars" and going to Toys R Us.

So now Hubby and I are sequestered in the Cherry Hill Holiday Inn where everybody and his dog has checked in to party safely. I know I'm in for a night of noise because people are already running up and down the hall being loud, and I'm going to be highly annoyed about 2 a.m. However, when we wake up at 6 or 7, I think I'll turn the TV on as loud as possible and stomp up and down the hall screaming. Not really-I wouldn't do that, but it's tempting. At least the partiers aren't out driving and potentially killing innocent people. But a wee bit of revenge might be tempting....but hey-I'll give them a chance first. Wish me luck!