PDA

View Full Version : Candace Cameron Bure Reveals Her Battle with Bulimia

Pages : [1] 2 3

ilovepaydays
12-31-2010, 12:29 AM
People article (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20453552,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines)

Interesting that she started the eating disorder after Full House ended. Don't think I will buy or even check out her book at the library.

overedge
12-31-2010, 01:30 AM
People article (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20453552,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines)

Interesting that she started the eating disorder after Full House ended. Don't think I will buy or even check out her book at the library.

I can't say I'm too surprised. There were rumours about this in Vancouver when she got married to (ex-Vancouver Canucks player) Pavel Bure's brother. Supposedly the Bures were very concerned about her problem and were trying to help. But some teams' wives are more supportive of each other than other teams' wives, and apparently there was a lot of resentment against her from some wives on some of Valeri Bure's teams, because she was already a "star". Everything she did was interpreted as "I am better than you because I am a famous actress" even when she didn't intend that at all. Which didn't help her in getting better at all.

Satellitegirl
12-31-2010, 05:02 AM
If I had Kirk Cameron for a brother I'd probably vomit often as well.

sorry, I couldn't resist and some of you know you were thinking it

shan
12-31-2010, 05:04 AM

I'm just curious, but why not?

skateboy
12-31-2010, 06:28 AM
I hope she's okay now.

ilovepaydays
12-31-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm just curious, but why not?

Because her book is on "physical and spiritual wellness" and I have a gut feeling that the material in it is probably too generic to get anything out of it.

If you are referring to his Evangelicalism - I think she is a lot of the same way.

Of course there is that banana clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4) that had to be unbearable for even her to watch.

Cyn
12-31-2010, 02:10 PM

:rofl: :rofl: So true!! Of course, were Kirk my brother, I'd have been driven to drink :nopryde: . Back in the late '80s, he personified they typical mainstream douchenozzle

IMO if doesn't matter what her personal choice is re: faith -- if that smarmy tool were my brother, I'd be on a Zofran drip 24/7 :scream: . His being an Evangelical minister only amplifies how much of an ass hat he truly is :blah: .

Candace has always been cute (and far more attractive than her brother, if you ask me :shuffle: ). Several years ago she hosted on of those countdown shows on e! and she was scary thin - Glad to hear she was able to get help for it.

genevieve
12-31-2010, 09:02 PM
I thought she was just as Evangelical as he is?

or perhaps I'm just getting her confused with her role on Make It Or Break It :shuffle:

Cloudy_Gumdrops
12-31-2010, 09:32 PM
I thought she was just as Evangelical as he is?

or perhaps I'm just getting her confused with her role on Make It Or Break It :shuffle:

From everything I've read about her, she's like Summer in real life too.

Gazpacho
01-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Has Pavel found Christ as well? :P

I'm not at all surprised that Candace battled bulimia. Chubby kids often get harassed for their weight no matter who they are. It must be a gazillion times worse in the cut-throat child acting industry. And as someone mentioned, some groups of athlete wives are very supportive of each other, but other groups are full of nasty competitive female meanness.

Candace and Valeri seem to have one of the most genuinely loving and stable celebrity marriages.

essence_of_soy
01-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Good on her for having the strength to go public about her battles with such a debilitating illness.

Stormy
01-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Candace and Valeri seem to have one of the most genuinely loving and stable celebrity marriages.

I follow Candace on Twitter and I agree. Not everyone might agree with her religious beliefs, but she seems like a genuine and sweet person. She believes that going public with her struggle will help others and I hope it does.

I Tweeted to her once that since she spends so much time in ice rinks with her boys playing hockey that she should take up figure skating. :)

reese
01-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Reminds me a little of Tracey Gold from Growing Pains. Both were criticized for being "chubby" when on sitcoms during their teen years and both ended up, understandably, with eating disorders.

UGG
01-02-2011, 02:14 AM
I had posters of Kirk Cameron on my wall in the mid 80's when I was in elementary school...along with Sean Astin. LOL.

For being a child star, I always thought Candace Cameron had a good head on her shoulders. She seemed to be able to avoid the fate that numerous child stars on popular tv shows suffered..including the girl who played Stephanie tanner.

I wonder what they think when they see Mary Kate and Ashley.

DaveRocks
01-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Although I haven't seen her in years, I must say that Candace is extremely sweet and very down-to-earth. She was in Fredericton for a lot of my last year of high school and my first year of university at UNB. (Valeri played for the F'ton Canadiens for a year before they married.) Kudos to her for sharing her story.