PDA

View Full Version : Name an item you cant live without or that you cant leave your house without...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Louis
12-31-2010, 04:42 AM
As someone with four-season allergies, tissues.

There are various times I will leave the house without my wallet or cell phone (on purpose). And once in a great while I'll leave my keys if Sweets and I are going somewhere together. But there is never a time I'll leave the house without tissues, even if I'm just going around the corner.

Matryeshka
12-31-2010, 07:15 AM
Earrings. I know that sounds superficial, but I've had my ears pierced since I was 2, and I cannot leave the house without them. It would be easier for me to forget to wear pants and underware than earrings. If I get close to the door on the rare occassions I do forget, all of a sudden, I'll become very aware of my ear lobes. It's not that they hurt, but I know they're *there* and they're NAKED and it's just wrong. If any of you remember my gallbladder ordeal last year, I still wore earrings every day except for surgery (my mommy nicely put posts in my ears and I slept in them, took them out before surgery and put 'em back in afterwards).

I forgot to wear earrings once to work (and I do mean ONCE) a student asked me if something was wrong, and I said no, why do you ask? She said oh, you're not wearing earrings or any jewelry. I hadn't noticed and thought I was CURED. But three hours later, I was sick as a dog with a flu that knocked me on my ass for two full weeks. Seriously, that's the last time I remember not wearing earrings, and before then, I can't remember.

I can't live without my blanket! Yes, I am 28 years old and I have a blanket. It isn't so much the blanket but I am addicted to rubbing the rough edges on it. My boyfriend constantly laughs at me but it is like crack for me. I can't even pass by the blanket without rubbing it at least once. :shuffle: I read an article about people who related emotions to textures, can't remember what it is called, but I think I have that.

My brother's like that, except for him, it's his satin-edge blanket. He's 25 and a lawyer in New York :lol:

jl
12-31-2010, 08:10 AM
I live in an apartment. Keys?

Marge_Simpson
12-31-2010, 09:10 AM
My keys, some chapstick and I have to be wearing a pair of earrings. I feel weird and like something is missing if I'm not wearing earrings.

I would NEVER leave the house without earrings on. (perhaps this goes back to my punk days when I had multiple holes in both ears?)

millyskate
12-31-2010, 12:37 PM
My grandmother's ring and earrings. It just feels wrong without.

I always check I have my bank card and keys.

modern_muslimah
12-31-2010, 12:39 PM
It's worse when you are at the gym and the iPod is dead!

Oh, I know! Getting through a workout with an iPod is like trying to eat spaghetti with a spoon only. Not impossible but really hard.

Wiery
12-31-2010, 05:22 PM
clothes, shoes, keys.

cruisin
12-31-2010, 05:25 PM
clothes

:lol: I guess the rest of us are exhibitionists.

BigB08822
12-31-2010, 06:46 PM
My brother's like that, except for him, it's his satin-edge blanket. He's 25 and a lawyer in New York :lol:

Most people I know prefer the satin edge but I've always liked it rough. :lol: