PDA

View Full Version : The Official FSU New Year's Resolutions Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Holley Calmes
01-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Legumes, rice, zukes, squash, potatoes, corn, green beans and their friends, all kinds of fruit, whole grains,,,,,and lots of vegan Indian and Thai dishes.

I'm not on it forever. I'm doing 2 weeks and see how I feel, plus I'm getting my annual physical next week and will talk to the doc. I'm thinking about going vegan during the week and then eating small amounts of meat on the weekends.

numbers123
01-06-2011, 12:00 AM
vegan? or vegetarian? or semi-vegeterian? or ovo-lacto-vegeterian? (http://www.vegetarianvegan.com/Vegan_Vs_Vegetarian.html)

If you are considering eating small amounts of meat, then technically you would be following a vegetarian like diet, but a real vegetarian diet.

ETA: my nephew in law is a vegan. I found this out because I would fix vegetable dishes - and he wouldn't eat them because they might have a beef broth base

Holley Calmes
01-06-2011, 01:38 AM
OK, whatever the titles, I'm not eating any meat or dairy for 2 weeks. Then, depending on how I feel, I might eat a little meat or dairy on the weekend and see how that goes. I could honestly give up meat. It's the dairy I mourn...and eggs. I love eggs. Call me what you will.....just call me thinner and hopefully healthier.