PDA

View Full Version : Khoklova/Andreev- any fans? or just hate?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

haribobo
12-29-2010, 02:12 AM
There is sooooo much K/A hate...does anyone actually support them? I feel like there has been so much negativity towards them since the beginning. It gets old. :revenge:

To that end, GOOOOOOOOO Khoklova/Andreev!!!!!! :respec: Your FS is well, not bad, and I like parts of it. :cheer2:

Sylvia
12-29-2010, 02:13 AM
There seem to be a few supporters in their thread in GSD (started in May and now 40 pages and still going strong! :D) I guess this thread can take over once the 1000th post is reached in that one! ;)

Jenna
12-29-2010, 02:16 AM
To that end, GOOOOOOOOO Khoklova/Andreev!!!!!! :respec: Your FS is cool and I like it. :cheer2:

Free DANCE. Get it right! ;)

I'm actually afraid to watch their performances from the competition because of all of the :revenge:. But I will get around to it..

Aussie Willy
12-29-2010, 02:37 AM
I think they look good together and had really nice chemistry. And I enjoyed their FD. For a guy he has lovely leg extension and posture. I liked Jana just wearing something simple because it didn't detract from the skating.

But they look like a new team. There is a real lack of complexity in the holds - a lot of hand to hand and pulling each other through. It looks like it has been kept simple with a plan just to get them working together and putting something out there.

Also although he may have passed the test and is competing at Senior level in ice dance, it doesn't make him a dancer yet. He will need to work hard to get to her level. He doesn't quite have the flow of edge she does. But that is not to say that he won't get there. It will require a lot of work and dedication.

This is a transition year for them both but I hope they keep at it. Because for me the potential is there. It has to be a long term plan because it is very rare for a dance team to hit their straps and be at the top in the first season.

Fergus
12-29-2010, 02:55 AM
I liked Jana just wearing something simple because it didn't detract from the skating.

My stars, agreed 100%! She looked fabulous.

frisette70
12-29-2010, 03:35 AM
I love them!! They are a work in progress but i think they have good speed and the connexion between them is fabulous. With what they did after only 6 month i can't wait to see them next year!!:respec:

skateboy
12-29-2010, 04:33 AM
Fan here.

jl22aries
12-29-2010, 04:46 AM
I like them.

Kelleys6th
12-29-2010, 04:50 AM
Definately a work in progress.
He looks like he's putting his all into it, and good for him. I don't care for the music to the short dance, but I agree with Aussie Willy:

But they look like a new team. There is a real lack of complexity in the holds - a lot of hand to hand and pulling each other through. It looks like it has been kept simple with a plan just to get them working together and putting something out there.

It looks like she's supporting him and that shouldn't be seen to the common person. Dance is not my strong suit, but I do see some hope. They need more time together - like side by side together. Also Fedor looked stiff = meaning nervous.
I'm anxious to see them in the future.

:cat:

screech
12-29-2010, 06:35 AM
Their Nationals FD was much better than their earlier performance. The leg lines, while still not great, were much better and matched more.

They still look like a new team, but I don't think anyone was expecting much more than that at this point. They do have some good aspects though - his twizzles are quite good, and they do seem to have good speed and flow. And they connect well.

I find he doesn't look quite glaringly like a singles skater trying to dance, instead more like a junior dancer, trying to dance with a senior dancer, which means there's a lot of promise there.

IMO they can decently do the skills together (based on their levels), it's the quality that needs to be worked on, and that comes with time and experience.

Plus, it's just plain awesome to see Fedor competing (even if his awesome triple axel isn't included in the programs).

The Accordion
12-29-2010, 08:19 AM
I have enjoyed what I have seen from -what I agree is- a team that looks like a new team with good chemistry and a good deal of potential.

I understand that it is frustrating for her fans to see her start at this level with him - but I do look forward to seeing where they can be this time next year and the year after and so on- if they stick with it together.

I have always liked them both and the journey ahead of them intrigues me.

Ituriel
12-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Love them or hate them, I'm in the middle :P

I blame Jana and Fedor because I'm splitting in two personalities:

My positive side hopes that they improve and improve:), and then rock the next season. Also it's charmed with their romantic chemistry (hoping a real romance and babies :saint:)

My negative side is crying because it'll be too hard for them enter into the dance elite and they need really hard work for conquer a place in the Russian podium.:fragile:
Yes, it's frustrating see her start all again.:wall:

But I'm officially a fan (a worried and desperate fan:drama:). I still love Jana, and I will (must) learn to love Fedor :lol:

And, only for increase the drama:D, Novitski's opinion about RNats

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://www.gzt.ru/topnews/sport/-v-tantsah-na-ljdu-rossiya-dolzhna-vyiti-v-lidery-/341802.html%3Ffrom%3Dindexshortnews

ELENA VAYTSEHOVSKOY BLOG:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://blog.sport-express.ru/users/vellena/post145606864/

I love this part

Now I see a woman. Look at the way, who did not see how Fyodor at the beginning of the program puts Jan's head on his shoulder. Here is such a huge, stately, handsome man comes, puts her head a little woman on the shoulder ... Somehow, I remembered at that moment, "White Fang" by Jack London - the scene where the wolf was first domesticated pressed against the owner's head and said something like: "This he expressed boundless confidence, humility and as if to say:" I give myself into your hands . Do with me as you want. "

google translate is bad, but the coment is really good :)

~tapdancer~
12-29-2010, 03:08 PM
As skeptical as I was about them teaming up, I saw the video of their FD at Russians and I enjoyed it. The music helped a lot but I don't think they embarrassed themselves at all. Really not bad at all for only working together such a short time.

julieann
12-29-2010, 03:25 PM
I like them, I hope they work hard and do well.

Jun Y
12-29-2010, 03:38 PM
I suppose one of the reasons for the hate is the very high profile they have relative to their abilities. Other skaters have worked very hard but do not get this kind of media attention.

I find their free dance to be a disappointment. The music and the choreography are simple and dull. Not as painful-to-watch as Gorshkova/Butikov's free dance, but certainly not up to the level of the top 3 Russian teams. I am surprised that they were ahead of Ilynikh/Katsaparov in FD scores.