PDA

View Full Version : Khoklova/Andreev- any fans? or just hate?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

nuge
01-02-2011, 05:38 PM
. His knee bend is not enough.
!

Goncharov Margaglio' and you can probably include Shabalin ' who didn't have any knee bend at the olympics :D but they did ok :shuffle:

briancoogaert
01-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Goncharov Margaglio' and you can probably include Shabalin ' who didn't have any knee bend at the olympics :D but they did ok :shuffle:
The fact is that I really didn't like the teals you mention (G&G, FP&M and DomShab). But that's another story !
I like this team, but he really has to improve this in order to be at her height and level.
You know, Jana is not as tall as Oksana Domnina (I don't know about the others, and I don't really care). ;)

Carmen Ovsiannikov
01-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Free DANCE. Get it right! ;)

I'm actually afraid to watch their performances from the competition because of all of the :revenge:. But I will get around to it..

I'm a fan of the "idea" of Yana and Fedor skating together. Like you Jenna I haven't watched any of their programs as of yet although in my case it's just that I haven't gotten around to it. It appears as if I'm going to have to look for them on youtube along with V&T.

It also appears to be a good thing I haven't read through most of the K&A thread.

Clytie
01-03-2011, 02:34 AM
I finally saw their FD and I did'nt like it. I blame most of that on the fact that I am one of the few people on the earth that hates The Beatles. I also thought the first lift was awkward and ugly. The second was nice and he seems secure- I am sure some of his previous pair training helped in that regard. But yes they did seem to be skating farther apart than I am used to from elite level ice-dancers Also just to be shallow I hated his hair and did'nt think he looked as attractive as I remember. But she looked great!

I think they do have potential. Fedor's twizzles were better than I expected but I do agree he looked stiff. I could actually see that Jana had to hold back to wait for him to catch up and I am no expert. That being said I do think they have a future if they (ie Fedor) works hard and put the time in. The chemistry is there but not as strong as I thought it would be. I like Jana's new look but also miss her old one. I hope Zueva ends up giving them some truly over the top dances down the line but I doubt it. That part I will miss the most.

Ituriel
01-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Another interview (Jana)

http://winter.sport-express.ru/figureskating/reviews/10482/

let`s talk
01-04-2011, 10:43 AM
She said they are planning to win the Russian Nationals next year. Realistic?

miffy
01-04-2011, 05:54 PM
She said they are planning to win the Russian Nationals next year. Realistic? I don't think it's as crazy as it might sound... no one really knows how good Fedor could be yet. And it's not like there is a team who is threatening for World medals or way out ahead of the others.

caseyedwards
01-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Andreev does need to more active on the ice inbetween lifts and twizzles. But even if lifts really. He does have a great expression on the ice-no doubt about that.

blue_idealist
01-04-2011, 06:54 PM

Maybe a medal, but probably not a win. Beat Bobrova and Soloviev? I don't THINK so

judgejudy27
01-05-2011, 02:42 AM
Maybe a medal, but probably not a win. Beat Bobrova and Soloviev? I don't THINK so

Bobrova & Soloviev need to win a medal at Worlds this year (which will be difficult but not impossible for a bronze if V/M dont compete) to firmly establish themselves as the Russian #1 going into next year. If they dont they will be under attack from the teams behind them (thought not neccessarily F/A who I am not sold on yet).

Ziggy
01-05-2011, 03:44 AM
I donīt dislike this pair, itīs just that I have a horrible feeling that Yana is wasting crucial time with Fedor and should have found a more stabil character (and a more experienced guy in ice dance) as a pair. But on the other hand Yana looks very happy now, I just hope it will last and she will not regret her decision after a year or two...

I don't think another skater could have offered her such good conditions. ;)

And she seems happy.

for those who dont like yana being paired up with fedor, who else out there would've been a better match for her?

Deividas Stagniunas (I wish he could find a partner who could skate up to his level).

But the tryout with Jana didn't work.

With politics on their side (and they will be), yes. :D

I am betting on Riazanova/Tkachenko and Ilynikh/Katsalapov (if Zhulin can get this right) to overtake Bobrova/Soloviev next season.

Well hoping but it can definitely happen. R/T's progress since last season is just incredible. And I/K's potential is huge.

blue_idealist
01-06-2011, 03:07 PM
I dunno, it seems people are always over-estimating Ilinykh and Katsalapov

fanof
01-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Yana is very nice . I took a picture with her last year and she even talk some Ukrainian.

fanof
01-08-2011, 05:47 PM
another bump

fanof
01-09-2011, 09:00 PM
I reaaly miss Yana : the Yana I were accustomed to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L47R2LH0CA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nuRCQ6QY60&feature=related
http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/Figurnoe_katanie/dance/spbvideo_Tanci-na-lidu-Obyazateliniy-tanec-YAna-Hohlova-i-Sergey-
http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/Figurnoe_katanie/dance/spbvideo_Tanci-na-lidu-Proizvoliniy-tanec-YAna-HohlovaSergey-Novi