PDA

View Full Version : Khoklova/Andreev- any fans? or just hate?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

TwizzlerS
12-29-2010, 05:42 PM
I'll admit that I have found this story very intriguing. It's kind of a Cinderella story or Cinder-fella in which Jana is the princess. But the fact that Fedor is not an unknown singles skater and his mother is a world class dance coach differs from the traditional Cinderella story line. I think even most "haters" would have to agree that it is the characters and these connections that make this team and their development so interesting to follow. If Jana had teamed up with someone who was totally unknown, it would not be interesting. I even think that if she had teamed up with another known former singles skater it would still be less interesting. So, I don't mind the technical inadequacies of Fedor; I just like watching the plot unfold.

siberia82
12-29-2010, 06:50 PM
I would say that I'm a supporter (but not a fan) of this pairing. Just as there are people who miss Jana being part of an elite-level ice dance team, I miss Fedor being a hot mess Candian singles skater. ;) As a discipline, ice dancing will always be a distant second to the men's event for me, so my Fedor Fanaticism is now somewhat muted (though I'm sure some FSUers consider that to be a good thing :P). That being said, I really enjoyed K/A's Beatles FD :biggrinbo, and I think they possess a lot of potential to become great show skaters. :respec: I'm interested in seeing how their career will progress. :watch:

Ziggy
12-30-2010, 03:51 AM
There is sooooo much K/A hate...does anyone actually support them? I feel like there has been so much negativity towards them since the beginning. It gets old. :revenge:

To that end, GOOOOOOOOO Khoklova/Andreev!!!!!! :respec: Your FS is well, not bad, and I like parts of it. :cheer2:

Come on now.

1) He makes Maurizio Margaglio look great

2) Their FD is totally empty and skated far apart, in open holds (or no holds)

I guess we should rejoice that Jana doesn't do splits all the time any more but still - at present they are a joke team and the way they've been politicked at Russian Nationals was just revolting. It was clear that Russian Fed wanted to get in Zueva's good books.

Fozzie Bear
12-30-2010, 04:53 AM
On a superficial note, it was nice to see Jana skating with someone who didn't badly need a haircut and shave. But skating-wise, she looked so good and he was so stiff I found myself wishing she could have teamed up with Oksana Domnina instead.

4rkidz
12-30-2010, 05:01 AM
part of me likes them partially because they seem to drive everyone batty - especially those who haven't even seen them .. yet hated them in advance :lol:
I'm not a dance technic but I found their FD entertaining with its 'tricks'.. and Khoklova is very good.. I agree Andreev not in the same league as a Moir or White :shuffle:
but I enjoyed their connection and the emotions expressed, I'm more curious to see if Andreev actually sticks around for this project and for once attain his potential :wall:

Ziggy
12-30-2010, 05:28 AM
Oh yeah and next to her he's so stiff. That really stands out.

but I enjoyed their connection and the emotions expressed, I'm more curious to see if Andreev actually sticks around for this project and for once attain his potential :wall:

I am predicting (well, hoping :P) he'll be back to modelling or car racing or whatever soon. :saint:

Pratfall
12-30-2010, 06:54 AM
I don't exactly know if I'm a fan..I certainly have been intrigued by the whole attempt from day one. Their first appearance at Zagreb was , I thought , not as bad as the naysayers were predicting and not as good as some were hoping, but showed a lot of promise considering the length of time they've been together and that he was not an ice dancer to begin with. I see an improvement in him in the short period between Zagreb and Nationals. And I'll continue to watch with interest . I still say it's an awfully big risk for all parties to be taking at the coaching/ federation level, so I think they must have some confidence in what they can accomplish over the next year or two. For Jana and Fedor there's nothing to lose , so they might as well go for it.

Good luck to them.

screech
12-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Oh yeah and next to her he's so stiff. That really stands out.

Is it completely wrong that my mind went fully dirty at this?

siberia82
12-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Is it completely wrong that my mind went fully dirty at this?

:rofl: No, I don't think so. Naughty thoughts are natural when it comes to Fedor. Remember how trashy his thread used to be? :lol:

blue_idealist
12-31-2010, 11:50 PM
I actually like their programs but I still think it's kind of weird that Fedor decided to become an ice dancer just like that. I don't think his skill is anywhere near her level. Hopefully he improves.. I really think she could have found abetter partner but may have ended up with him instead because he's Marina Zoueva's son. I think that's why there's a lot of hate toward him - people feel he doesn't deserve the position he's in.

skatingfan04
01-01-2011, 01:00 AM
I was honestly expecting to hate them, since I never really liked either of them on their own, but I was actually impressed by the youtube vids from Russian nationals. Andreev looks rough on some of the footwork, but given the amount of time he's been training as a dancer, I think he's doing amazingly well. It was also nice to see a tamer version of Jana. I never cared much for her skating, but I greatly prefer her without the overly dramatic acrobatics and crazy costumes. I also liked their connection with the music and each other. All in all, I think they'll do well. Its a shame it took them so long to find each other.

SwingDancer
01-01-2011, 05:38 AM
All in all, I think they'll do well. Its a shame it took them so long to find each other.

All of this time I could have been joying K/A skating, if only someone had teamed them up sooner.

I have been a fan of Fedor's skating for a while, after what happened at Canadian nationals and then when he tried to get Azerbajin citizenship in an effort to be able to compete at the 2010 Olympic games, this partnership is just what he needs to fulfill his potential, Yana is a brilliant dancer, and they seem to really care for each other, plus having him dancing, training hard, focused, competing in his mother's field of expertise, and representing the nation of his birth must make him mom really happy. They a beautiful team, and I cannot wait to continue watching them improve and develop as a team.

I believe that they have the talent, chemistry, and enough heavy support behind them to be serious competitors and medal winners in ice dancing.

Jaana
01-02-2011, 09:21 AM
I donīt dislike this pair, itīs just that I have a horrible feeling that Yana is wasting crucial time with Fedor and should have found a more stabil character (and a more experienced guy in ice dance) as a pair. But on the other hand Yana looks very happy now, I just hope it will last and she will not regret her decision after a year or two...

briancoogaert
01-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Jana is such a good ice dancer. I miss her at high level and I'm very disappointed that they are only in 4th at Russian Nats.
This pair is not bad at all, but Fedor is not an ice dancer, and you really see this on the ice. His knee bend is not enough.
I hope he can improve to see them at Euros or Worlds next season !

zilam98
01-02-2011, 03:44 PM
for those who dont like yana being paired up with fedor, who else out there would've been a better match for her?