PDA

View Full Version : 2010 European Ladies Medal Predikt (Post Nats)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Excidra
01-02-2011, 12:55 AM
I think Leonova will win it all. Things seem to be coming together for her at the right time. I watched her FS at nationals and I was beyond impressed with her. Hopefully she'll be able to turn in a clean SP/FS at Euros.

robinhood
01-02-2011, 01:09 AM
Kostner will win, imho.
I think Leonova can medal but I don't see her National's performance as a trend, rather as a exception. She's been in poor form at international competition this season, and I don't see major improvements in her skating, sorry. I fancy her choreo in the lp, though
Korpi is a clear medal favourite again, but she's much of a headcase to make any prediction
I hope Sonia Lafuente gets into the top10

blue_idealist
01-02-2011, 03:41 AM
Which Helgesson though?

Viktoria

Ziggy
01-03-2011, 01:14 AM
I am really hoping Leonova can build on her amazing Nationals FS and deliver similarly strong performances at Euros to win the Gold.

Watching Kostner win again, with three triples (if that) and not even attempting flip and lutz would be absolutely soul-destroying. :wall:

She'll get gigantic components and GOEs no matter what, so I guess she's a podium lock.

Korpi did improve somewhat, but I can't stand her. High PCS are also guaranteed for her though and she's been reasonably consistent this season.

Kostner and Korpi on the podium in any order are a pretty sure bet.

As for the third skater to get on it, hopefully it's Leonova. If she bombs, it would be amazing (but highly unlikely) to see Helgesson deliver to strong skates and grab Bronze.

Or maybe Vannut, who has been in tremendous form all season. She's not going to get the PCS but she's been consistently landing all the triples in competition as well as the 3lutz/3loop combination in practices and warm-ups. If she lands most of her jumps, she might end up on the podium.

KingaG
01-03-2011, 09:28 AM
I think so, but I don't think she's really a contender at this point. Too many injuries.

I wouldn't count Sarah off. She is a fighter. She has been training hard in spite of her injuries. I really hope she delivers and :kickass:

go Sarah!

Nomad
01-04-2011, 01:56 AM
Or maybe Vannut, who has been in tremendous form all season. She's not going to get the PCS but she's been consistently landing all the triples in competition as well as the 3lutz/3loop combination in practices and warm-ups. If she lands most of her jumps, she might end up on the podium.

That would be :inavoid:. I don't think a Belgian lady has ever medalled at Euro's.

Ziggy
01-05-2011, 03:55 AM
That would be :inavoid:. I don't think a Belgian lady has ever medalled at Euro's.

If Leonova won and Vannut medalled, I'd pee myself and roll in it, out of sheer uncontrollable joy! :inavoid:

Extranjera
01-05-2011, 08:44 AM
I think Leonova will win it all. Things seem to be coming together for her at the right time. I watched her FS at nationals and I was beyond impressed with her. Hopefully she'll be able to turn in a clean SP/FS at Euros.

She totally surprised me with her FS at nats! :eek: fantastic! One of the most interesting choreographies this season.

I can't help comparing her FS with Mirai's SP (both use music from The Witches of Eastwick) and I have to say I prefer Alena's program so far, even though Mirai is one of my favs.

alchemy void
01-06-2011, 12:39 AM
If Leonova won and Vannut medalled, I'd pee myself and roll in it, out of sheer uncontrollable joy! :inavoid:

Just another Saturday night for me.... :rollin::lol:

But all aboard the Leonova bandwagon! Her LP is so well choreographed and she performed it so well at nationals. Ultimately I'm really just hoping she skates solidly, continues to build confidence, and medals at Euros. :cheer: I want her to peak at Worlds!

poths
01-20-2011, 10:22 PM
I know they won;t get the PCS but I'm freaking hoping that one of Vannut or Lafuente will go clean and place to 6. New blood.

I'd be THRILLED if Meier came back, KICKED ASS and won!

Nomad
01-20-2011, 11:06 PM
I...
I'd be THRILLED if Meier came back, KICKED ASS and won!

That would be fabulous.

VarBar
01-22-2011, 04:02 PM
From the poll list, Kostner or Korpi.

Leonova's skating is as elegant and stylish as her dresses.

pinky166
01-22-2011, 05:23 PM
From the poll list, Kostner or Korpi.

Leonova's skating is as elegant and stylish as her dresses.

:lol: true...

Seerek
01-22-2011, 08:12 PM
The final group of 6 will probably consist of Kostner, Korpi, Leonova, Makarova, Helgesson and Gedevanishvili.

kia_4EverOnIce
01-22-2011, 09:04 PM
The final group of 6 will probably consist of Kostner, Korpi, Leonova, Makarova, Helgesson and Gedevanishvili.

I wouldn't count out Marchei (I hope she could end top 5) and Hecken...