PDA

View Full Version : 2010 European Ladies Medal Predikt (Post Nats)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Kelvster
12-31-2010, 09:48 AM
i would like PERKOVA to win a bronze medal before she gets booted out by the baby Russians nxt year :o ... so in her CV at least she can say she has won a medal at a major senior international event, as well as the junior world title and skating in the olys. PERKOVA's programmes this year are great! they have grown on me ... her jump landings are v. scratchy indeed though :o

briancoogaert
12-31-2010, 10:10 AM
predicting 1) korpi 2) ksenia 3) kostner after SP tho,
gede might surprise in FS, dont really know about alena. she's never wowed me before but her consistency has caught my eye now and then
If Carolina nails her 3T/3T, 3L and 2Ax in the SP, she will easily be in 1st after the SP. ;)

mia joy
12-31-2010, 02:24 PM
Are you people kidding me? Gedevanshvili has been crap since 2007. Terrible programs, jump layout, hell her JUMPS have been bad.

Korpi is fabulous this year and has two great programs this year and is actually landing stuff. I'm kinda surpised by the amount of backlash she's received.

I'm not talking about programs, choreography or jumps. I'm not saying Korpi's basics aren't probably better. But you cannot deny Elene is graceful and lovely while moving through the ice, very flexible, her spiral positions are amazing. Kiira, on the other hand, regardless of her jumps and other stuff, still has those annoying stiff arms and upper body and despite her figure, she's pretty much the same kind of a wooden doll for me as Laura.

pinky166
12-31-2010, 03:57 PM
Are you people kidding me? Gedevanshvili has been crap since 2007. Terrible programs, jump layout, hell her JUMPS have been bad.

Korpi is fabulous this year and has two great programs this year and is actually landing stuff. I'm kinda surpised by the amount of backlash she's received.

But it doesn't matter because PERKOVA is gonna take this! :cheer:

Pessimistic much? Gede has a Sebestyen-esque lutz!

Korpi has been impressive so far this season, I'm in agreement.

Perkova is not going to take it. She's been skating poorly all season save her FS at Russian nationals. She might get silver or bronze, though. Plus it looks better to have an etheral goddess type of skater like Kiira or Carolina be European champion as opposed to Perkova and her orange mullet :P ....and it's Europeans, we all know it plays a factor ;)

MikiAndoFan#1
12-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Is Sarah Meier going to Europeans?

blue_idealist
12-31-2010, 11:39 PM
I think it's going to be Kostner, Korpi and maybe Helgesson.. although Marchei was not listed as a choice, so I forgot about her. She might be on the podium too. I dunno about Makarova, Leonova or Gedevanishvili. Normally I would say they were contenders, but none of them has been at their best lately.

pinky166
01-01-2011, 03:39 AM
I think it's going to be Kostner, Korpi and maybe Helgesson.. although Marchei was not listed as a choice, so I forgot about her. She might be on the podium too. I dunno about Makarova, Leonova or Gedevanishvili. Normally I would say they were contenders, but none of them has been at their best lately.

Which Helgesson though?

pinky166
01-01-2011, 03:40 AM
Is Sarah Meier going to Europeans?

I think so, but I don't think she's really a contender at this point. Too many injuries.

icellist
01-01-2011, 03:55 AM
i may be behind on this but who's perkova?
alena leonova?

falling_dance
01-01-2011, 08:08 AM
i may be behind on this but who's perkova?
alena leonova?

Yes.

ainouta
01-01-2011, 08:12 AM
If Perkova can duplicate her Russian Nats free, I think she'll take it. I'm not holding my breath for a totally clean free from anyone else, though if Kiira can skate clean in the long I think she'll be untouchable. I also don't find Kiira wooden, and I've never found Gede graceful - powerful, yes, but really not finished off at all.

MikiAndoFan#1
01-01-2011, 02:12 PM
I think so, but I don't think she's really a contender at this point. Too many injuries.

Yeah, that's really sad. :( But since Europeans are in Switzerland this season, I hope Sarah skates two clean programs and wins a medal! Go Sarah! :cheer2:

caseyedwards
01-01-2011, 04:20 PM
oh yea and in the FS ksenia will probably tank to 3rd or off the podium
why is her consistency in the FS this year so bad T.T

I read about her having achilles tendon injury but she is also trying hard to get a lutz and go from 1 jump after the halfway point to 4.

pinky166
01-01-2011, 06:47 PM
If Carolina is clean, no one will touch her. But I do think it's Kiira's turn to win, so if Carolina makes a few mistakes and Kiira skates well, I think Kiira will win. Bronze will probably be Leonova, Makarova, or Gede.

Extranjera
01-01-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm almost sure Carolina or Kira will win, but I was also sure that Miki would win GPF or be on the podium at least. And what happened? she was 5th :lol:

So my opinion doesn't mean a lot... :D